Best Bootleg Videos you had seen prior to Youtube & downloading

oh we did what we could to get anything GNR related

i recorded the ritz on MTV around 1989 or 1990

watched it a million times

then a friend had a friend who had GNR bootlegs

he made me cassete tapes of CBGBs and Indiana and tokyo 88

i was blown away. completely hooked and addicted

then i found a friend in school had rio 1991 on VHS. i asked him to make me a VHS copy

then paris 1992 aired on tv

and it sucked

i didnt recognize my favorite band

thankfully there were more boots to be found

i paid for a record shop to make me a cassete of lots of boots, including pasadena and madison 87

all great!

then in 1993 someone made a cassete tape of rio second night

i went completely crazy

that show sounded so fucking great

to this day it is one of my favorites

i been hunting boots since them its too bad that most of them have not-so-great audio quality

i collect almost evry bootleg from 86 to 93 on my harddrive in 2008 - today. I'm a Guns N' Roses fan since 2004. I bought the Tokyo DVD in 2007 and it was cool. In 2008 i got Internet and found on YouTube the Ritz Show 1988 in full. The Ritz 88 Show was the first bootleg i watched

12 hours ago, Muddy said:

There used to be a GNR trading group on DC++ , this was before YouTube. Bootleg videos had so much more value ...

Thankfully that is not the case anymore. Look forward to the day when all of the live footage is finally out there. Perhaps the band will release some of it eventually. We're still waiting on the guy who posted 10 minute highlights of the first Ritz gig and is trying to leverage the full tape into a trade for something else (possibly studio material). One of these days we'll get the rest of that 87 Ritz footage. 

• Like 1