GNR Sells More Than 1 Million Tickets in 24 Hours

To me this is awesome news. I have been a huge fan for thirty years and spent several years over at another forum defending Axl and GNR when alot of fans were turning their backs on them. I just wish I would finally get to see them live. Had tickets to two concerts several years ago that got cancelled. I was hoping they would come back to Atlanta, since I could not go when they came here in July. But I am so happy that this is happening and I'm happy for Axl and the rest of GNR that this is so huge. Like I said before I'm going to be the little old 90 year old lady someday that still loves GNR.:axl::headbang:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tsinindy said:

This is why they waited on Europe.....Europe is selling very well, but the US is not.   Don't believe, go look for yourself.  

There were similar complaints about American ticket sales earlier this year and it turned out just fine. I'm guessing something similar will happen for the 2017 shows. 

Guns needs to do at least another south american leg and europe as well if they want to reach u2's 360 tour numbers. Still mostly top 5 at the end of the tour. I think Richard said they will continue touring after San Antonio.

• GnR - x<5.5m per show - US$ 400-500m estimated gross
  • 51 in North America
  • 19 in Europe
  • 12 in South America
  • 8 in Oceania
  • 9 in Asia
  • 99 total       

• U2 - 6.7m per show - US$ 736m approx. gross
  • 46 in Europe
  • 45 in North America
  • 10 in Oceania
  • 7 in South America
  • 2 in Africa
  • 110 total

A good chunk of those tickets are likely scalpers, unfortunately

Good to see the band's still got drawing power to do a big tour in 2017, without even an opening act announced

Edited by Gackt

5 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Yeah....thanks to Europe!!

They should've booked twice as many dates in Europe instead of that pointless secondary markets US leg...

Couldn't agree more.  I'm looking at Miami ticket sales right now and it seems like only about 20% of the tickets are sold so far, including many bought that are now on the secondary market.  It was just 4 months ago that Floridians filled up a football stadium for the Orlando show to see a band that hadn't been together for decades.  But to do it again in a baseball stadium for a band they just saw a year earlier?  And to put them on sale just two weeks before Christmas when many people are already maxing out their credit cards?  It's hard to justify at those prices.

They've got 8 months to sell tickets, they'll get sold but no doubt after some big price reductions.  And I know a few people that won't go because of The Mexico Incident, I figured that would impact US ticket sales.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Guns needs to do at least another south american leg and europe as well if they want to reach u2's 360 tour numbers. Still mostly top 5 at the end of the tour. I think Richard said they will continue touring after San Antonio.

• GnR - x<5.5m per show - US$ 400-500m estimated gross
  • 51 in North America
  • 19 in Europe
  • 12 in South America
  • 8 in Oceania
  • 9 in Asia
  • 99 total       

• U2 - 6.7m per show - US$ 736m approx. gross
  • 46 in Europe
  • 45 in North America
  • 10 in Oceania
  • 7 in South America
  • 2 in Africa
  • 110 total

yeah second Europe and South America... and hopefully they retain the NITL tour name!! Then I am 100% they will surpass U2..

13 hours ago, tsinindy said:

This is why they waited on Europe.....Europe is selling very well, but the US is not.   Don't believe, go look for yourself.  

While this is true, selling 1 million tickets in 24 hours is noteworthy enough to grab the attention of people in these areas they are touring in. Humans like to be a part of the big events and if people start hearing that "wow Guns N' Roses is back with Slash and it's this highly successful event...I may want to go" 

so it's good attention to get and draws a few more people in that may have not heard much about the first leg of the tour or whatever the case may be.

I'd like this tour to end after San Antonio and for the guys to see if they can get an album together...then follow that up with a run of arena shows to get them rolling again and test out the new songs (might just be a dream though)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'd like this tour to end after San Antonio and for the guys to see if they can get an album together...then follow that up with a run of arena shows to get them rolling again and test out the new songs (might just be a dream though)

Axl has proven that you should never say never about GNR. I don't think it's a dream. I prefer to be forever optimistic where GNR is concerned.

I´m pretty sure: If they manage to get through this Tour without spliting up again, they will release new stuff in late 2017 or somewhere in 2018.

So let´s keep fingers crossed, that everything will work out fine as it seems right now.

I really (want to) believe that Axl has found his inner peace and won´t  f*ck it up again.

• Like 4