Why Isnt There Meet N' Greet for the Big 3 for VIP Tickets?

25 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

With the prices they charge for the VIP...

This ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲ is what made ▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼ this such an easy decision for many, many people.

6 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

So let me get this right. If you purchase a VIP Meet & Greet ticket you don't actually get to meet Axl, Slash or Duff? You just made my decision not to purchase VIP Meet & Greet tickets a no-brainer.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

With the prices they charge for the VIP, there should atleast be a meet n' greet/pic taking with the big 3, or even just Slash and Duff. Aerosmith, you can have one with Steven and Joe, cheaper prices for Tom, Brad and Joey. 

Because, even though they are greedy, they are thankfully not tacky enough to charge their fans to meet them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

There is no such thing as a VIP "Meet & Greet" ticket....so yah.  There are VIP packages, but none of them are entitled "meet & greet", nor do any of them if you read the description indicate any sort of "meet & greet".  

Thanks for the clarification. I must have misunderstood the other post as suggesting the Big 3 don't participate in the Meet & Greets. Come to find out there are no Meet & Greets.

• Like 1

It's Live Nation controlled VIP tickets. It's basically their way of buying into the scalper market by offering fans with bigger wallets the opportunity to get premium seating and some extra perks while keeping the profits within Live Nation and out of the hands of scalpers. That's why you see the whole "VIP seating" option at almost any given show these days (and also the Platinum Seating on Ticketmaster's platform). It's not a fool proof method but that's why it's there. It's entirely dependent on the band whether they partake in any of the additional perks or not. As mentioned, absolutely nowhere with the VIP ticketing for Guns is it advertised or indicated that there will be a meet and greet.

Paied Meet and Greets are bullshit  anyway - know a lot of people who went to wwe tour, slipknot etc and all of them said that its not worth the money..

Another friend of mine is thinking about buying a VIP ticket for kiss next year - over 1000 euro and you can take a picture with gene. Would be interesting how much you guys would be willing to pay if there would be meet and greet tix (incl the big 3)

OK, I'm pretty sure Duff and Slash did meet and greets while in VR...

I'm not opposed to M&Gs...however, I personally feel like a MAN should pay me to meet me...lol...

no seriously...I've met the band and it was an adventure to meet them and get invited to thier parites...if I had the chance I wouldn't pay to met them but I would definately waste a few hours *trying* to bump into them ...

I have no qualms about bands selling M&Gs either...nowadays they gotta make $$ any way they can!!

3 minutes ago, coolranchdressing! said:

OK, I'm pretty sure Duff and Slash did meet and greets while in VR...

I'm not opposed to M&Gs...however, I personally feel like a MAN should pay me to meet me...lol...

no seriously...I've met the band and it was an adventure to meet them and get invited to thier parites...if I had the chance I wouldn't pay to met them but I would definately waste a few hours *trying* to bump into them ...

I have no qualms about bands selling M&Gs either...nowadays they gotta make $$ any way they can!!

Can confirm. I met Duff, Slash, Matt & Dave during a free meet & greet on the first VR tour.

• Like 1

I think meet and greets are great, the KISS meet and greet is the best one ever, you can see a acoustic show before the big show, they play the songs the fans there are telling them to play, you get gifts, pics with them without make up, pics with make up, the guitar picks they used

• Like 2

Payed €140 for meet and greet with Thin Lizzy in the Olympia Theatre Dublin a few years ago 

Got a shirt and guitar picks

Got too sit in the VIP boxes for the show 

After the show we got invited into a bar where the band appeared for 20 mins and myself plus 20 others (every man for himself) got to chat to them. We all got moved on 20 mins later and that was the end of the evening 

Enjoyed it though

• Like 1