Why Isnt There Meet N' Greet for the Big 3 for VIP Tickets?

5 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

I think meet and greets are great, the KISS meet and greet is the best one ever, you can see a acoustic show before the big show, they play the songs the fans there are telling them to play, you get gifts, pics with them without make up, pics with make up, the guitar picks they used

Shit I don't even like KISS too much but would pay for that. I've never heard of a band playing songs during meet and greets. Pretty cool. 

In general though - awful concept for anyone above the age of 15. I get why the Taylor Swifts of the world can make a killing on this concept - they're selling the tickets to desperate (and wealthy enough) parents of kids who desperately want to meet the artist. But as a grown man to pay money to have Duff McKagan pretend to be excited to see me for 3 minutes...i dunno. Melissa on the other hand....

On 12/11/2016 at 10:42 AM, SteveAJones said:

So let me get this right. If you purchase a VIP Meet & Greet ticket you don't actually get to meet Axl, Slash or Duff? You just made my decision not to purchase VIP Meet & Greet tickets a no-brainer.

yep. no meet & greet. which sucks IMO yet does not surprise me in the slightest :shrugs:

7 hours ago, goneshootin said:

Shit I don't even like KISS too much but would pay for that. I've never heard of a band playing songs during meet and greets. Pretty cool. 

In general though - awful concept for anyone above the age of 15. I get why the Taylor Swifts of the world can make a killing on this concept - they're selling the tickets to desperate (and wealthy enough) parents of kids who desperately want to meet the artist. But as a grown man to pay money to have Duff McKagan pretend to be excited to see me for 3 minutes...i dunno. Melissa on the other hand....

My cousin did the KISS meet and greet and got to sing Calling Dr. Love with them during that acoustic setting.

• Like 1

Fuck meet and greets, especially the bit where you pay for them.

If I was Axl, I'd avoid the fans too- Axl fans are fucking NUTSO STALKER BATSHIT FUCKING CRAZY!

It's funny, they know everything about the poor fucker but gloss over the part where he basically just wants to be left alone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

That Guns n Roses VIP Meet & Greet Experience is about as exciting as walking around the garage. VIP lounge had all the warmth and energy of an airplane hanger. 

It's funny how not even Kat is involved with this thing... they just put a random photographer there to tell you what to do :lol:

Edited by rendestroi95

I imagine preshow, axl is busy prepping for the show.

Ive done meet and greet with velvet revolver pre show so slash and duff have done this in the past.

However slash and duff are approachable and sign stuff after shows for FREE.

also its not really VIP is it? The real VIPs dont pay for tickets.

In contrast, when I went to see the Damned at Rock City last month, as part of the Pledge Music funding for their new album, for just £50 you got to go see the band do their full soundcheck, followed by a good half hour meet and greet with the full band. That sort of set up, I really don't mind shelling out extra for.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

and still about KISS, fans sometimes play with them, look at this little kid playing with them on the Meet and Greet 

Again, for 1000 $ or € or whatever. They take 1000 bucks to let a kid play with them.

Edited by PatrickS77

7 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

Only did a meet and greet one time in my life because it was so cheap.  I did a Meet & Greet with Hatebreed back in like 2009 or 2010.  My friends and I got loaded and met the band backstage.  It was hysterical. 

I can a little bit understand why you would do a meet and greet with real rockstars (although i find the concept of paying money to meet someone outragous), i cant understand why you'd wanna pay money to meet some hardcore tough guys, who arent even special (and i like their music). Theyre just some regular assclowns

Edited by xBrownstonex

I remember when they did the Vegas residency people said the meet and greet was like 100 bucks more but Axl has never really been one to do these. It was always stated that no guarantee which band members.

I also know some bands that have charged 4000 for meet and greets.

I think with so many having or wanting to ask the same questions they just don't want to do this not only that but ticket prices are already high enough.

Of course the band helps set prices in a way but Live Nation plays a huge factor in prices as well.

Just as some complain about prices but when Springsteen tried to lower prices for fans they found most paid quite a bit more on the second market anyway losing him money.

Its actually quite smart for GnR to offer tickets up to night train members first. It helps keep the second market demand down somewhat in a way. 

Perhaps at some point well get a meet and greet but honestly Axl is more likely to be found for free after a show then in a meet and greet. Same for some of the others. You just got to know where to look or be in the right place at the right time.

Axl has also been critical of ebayers as well. As GnR fans we should know paid meet and greets were never the GnR way really.