US Ticket Sales

Just now, tsinindy said:

Minneapolis is doing well....but, think about this.  Metallica just sold that same venue with a similar seating arrangement out in 50 minutes last year....

Also for St Louis you're right....all the die hards think, oh man St Louis, no way!  I gotta see that one  well most of them have already bought their tix.  That place has a listed capacity of 66,000, can seat up to 70,000 in certain configurations.   If GnR put 35,000 in there if consider that a success, but that'll take some serious discounting on tickets, I think.

Didn't Metallica open the stadium though?  Probably a big event for locals and I bet it wasn't $300 to sit at the back of the floor. 

From what the band (Metallica) have said, they haven't toured the states properly in years because there isn't enough of a demand for them to make the $$ they want outside of an album release so they just do the odd event.  I think rock acts in general struggle to put bums on seats in the States, maybe this is 10 years too late in both the exposure to Slash and Axl in that time and rock music not really being a big selling thing anymore in general to be packing things out every night. 

21 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Minneapolis is doing well....but, think about this.  Metallica just sold that same venue with a similar seating arrangement out in 50 minutes last year....

Guns have played multiple shows across North America in the past year, this was Metallica's only actual show in NA this year. (Not counting all those club shows)

42 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

Didn't Metallica open the stadium though?  Probably a big event for locals and I bet it wasn't $300 to sit at the back of the floor. 

From what the band (Metallica) have said, they haven't toured the states properly in years because there isn't enough of a demand for them to make the $$ they want outside of an album release so they just do the odd event.  I think rock acts in general struggle to put bums on seats in the States, maybe this is 10 years too late in both the exposure to Slash and Axl in that time and rock music not really being a big selling thing anymore in general to be packing things out every night. 

Good point on ticket prices, not sure what they were.  And, good point on that being a one off show too @PsychoKiss344 But, every indication has it they are doing some sort of tour of the US this summer.  Will be interesting to see what that entails exactly.

Edited by tsinindy

Tickets prices are definitely hurting them. Over $600 for two good seats is a lot of money. Even The Stones discounted tickets when they realized that people weren't going to shell out $500 per ticket in most markets. 

3 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Why are tickets so much more expensive in the US?

Because...Ticketmster.  I think what we are seeing is GnR are basically on the front end of inflated ticket pricing going forward overall.

The Stones may have lead the way, but Ticketmsster is the one setting these prices by and large.

For example, Tom Pettys tour just got announced for next summer, prices range from $40 to $150....no way in hell im paying $150 to see Petty and I like Petty, but what?  $150 for Petty?  That is ludicrous to me, but he'll get it and probably sell out most shows.  

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Because...Ticketmster.  I think what we are seeing is GnR are basically on the front end of inflated ticket pricing going forward overall.

The Stones may have lead the way, but Ticketmsster is the one setting these prices by and large. 

Ticketmaster is not setting the ticketprices. The promoter is setting the Ticketprices. Ticketmaster just sets a hefty handling fee on top of the ticketprices.

• Like 1

Most of the US shows are still 8 to 9 months away...lol.

That's an eternity...lol.  Most fans aren't die hard fanatics like the people in this forum....a lot of fans have no reason to buy them this early and will be more than happy to get them a week or two before the show.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Ticketmaster is not setting the ticketprices. The promoter is setting the Ticketprices. Ticketmaster just sets a hefty handling fee on top of the ticketprices.

Ticketmaster is the promoter in the states...so yes lol.  Here's proof since I know you're going to argue.  This was discussed some time ago, FYI.  And before you say it, Ticketmaster owns LiveNation :)

image.png

Edited by tsinindy

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Ticketmaster is the promoter in the states...so yes lol.  Here's proof since I know you're going to argue.  This was discussed some time ago, FYI.  And before you say it, Ticketmaster owns LiveNation :)

image.png

Live Nation owns Ticketmaster. So it is Live Nation, as the promoter, who sets the prices and sells the tickets through it's selfowned ticketselling agent Ticketmaster. ;)

Edited by PatrickS77

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Except they are as I've demonstrated, go away blow hard.  

No. They're not. If it would be it would say © 2016 Ticketmaster,Inc, but it doesn't, since Ticketmaster is not the parent company, that is Live Nation.  But whatever. I see you still got a fart stuck in your ass. Continue to blame Ticketmaster for all the evil in the world and being pissed that I take issue with "returning" "fans".

Edited by PatrickS77

7 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

No. They're not. If it would be it would say © 2016 Ticketmaster,Inc, but it doesn't, since Ticketmaster is not the parent company, that is Live Nation.  But whatever. I see you still got a fart stuck in your ass. Continue to blame Ticketmaster for all the evil in the world and being pissed that I take issue with "returning" "fans".

You just aren't very bright.  It's ok, and I don't really care who or what you take issue with.  That's your problem, not mine. I don't blame ticket master for anything, what the hell?  lol

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

You just aren't very bright.  It's ok, and I don't really care who or what you take issue with.  That's your problem, not mine. I don't blame ticket master for anything, what the hell?  lol

Yeah, you don't care. You just get pissed off and offended and rude. But whatever.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah, you don't care. You just get pissed off and offended and rude. But whatever.

You seem to have trouble with people telling you you're not right and then respond in this way....so you try to make your problem someone else's....as is evidenced by this thread: you were wrong yet I'm pissed off and offended and rude.  I'm not pissed off or offended at all.  If you think I'm rude, then ok, but I really don't care.

Edited by tsinindy

16 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

This is fun

Wow. You're deluded. A screenshot which says © Live Nation is proof that Ticketmaster sets ticketprices? How?? In what universe??

16 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

This is fun

No. It's not. It's boring. And I'm done now. As nothing substantial is being said by this guy.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2016 at 8:02 AM, goneshootin said:

I wonder if the choice of cities also plays into it.

I think that's part of it. But another part, IMO, is that people are wiser this time around -- especially with the manner in which the distributors release the tickets.. I know I am. If these were arena shows, I'd buy right away. But with the larger stadium shows, I'd wait until much closer to the actual date to purchase.

For example, I bought 2 tix for the SF show right when they went on sale. I couldn't get PIT. Whatever PIT they released initially was sold out. I ended up with decent FIELD seats for $250 a piece. About a week before the show, I was able to find PIT had I wanted them. I ended up keeping the seats I had because I didn't want to risk resale. Then, a few days later, my sister committed to going along with my 2 nieces. While PIT was no longer available, I found 3 seats on the FIELD closer than the seats I purchased months earlier. AND they were nearly $50 cheaper per ticket.

So, again, I would not purchase right now and would wait. I'm sure a lot of others have figured that out too which I'm certain contributes to the slow sales.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Wow. You're deluded. A screenshot which says © Live Nation is proof that Ticketmaster sets ticketprices? How?? In what universe??

No. It's not. It's boring. And I'm done now. As nothing substantial is being said by this guy.

lol, by your own admission the promoter sets ticket prices.  TM/LiveNation are the promoter.  They are synonymous, the same thing.   Try doing some more googling bro. I was actually referring to you saying I blamed Ticketmster for "all the evil in the world".  lol, bc I don't.  I don't "blame" them for anything.

ill actually help you out:

image.png

Edited by tsinindy