US Ticket Sales

4 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Most of the US shows are still 8 to 9 months away...lol.

That's an eternity...lol.  Most fans aren't die hard fanatics like the people in this forum....a lot of fans have no reason to buy them this early and will be more than happy to get them a week or two before the show.

This. Haven't gotten tickets myself and could give a shit right now if I do. 

Edited by Billsfan

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

This. Haven't gotten tickets myself and could give a shit right now if I do. 

Curious, I swear :)

Are you in Buffalo?  

Did you go to any shows this summer?

What would pique your interest in seeing GnR (again?, have you ever seen them?)

I wouldn't worry about it. Last year everyone swore the stadiums would be half empty and most of them were filled. Thinking about going to Buffalo or Minneapolis. Minneapolis is on my birthday and last year I spent my birthday in Orlando with my favorite band. Plus that new stadium looks really cool. I am waiting to buy tickets though because last year I could get better tickets for the same price a week before the concert than I got in the presale at every show except Vegas. I am sure many people learned a lot of lessons about GnR tickets sales from last year. As GnR says Patience.

Edited by BigD62

I think it was smart to put them out early. 

1 It allows people to get them as Christmas presents.

2 It allows plenty advance for those who may need to save up(if tickets are still available)

3 In certain areas it allows adding of new dates when time allows based off sales.

2 hours ago, Kickingthehabit said:

I wish they were going to do an arena tour with only the original five. I don't want to celebrate 30 years of Appetite with Richard, Frank and Melissa :(

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

Izzy doesn't know how to play a guitar anymore. That's the word around here. Thankfully we have Fortus around to punch his guitar in the darkness while the spotlight is on Duff and Slash. 

They need a scroll at the beginning of the show that says "Richard Fortus is Izzy Stradlin"

DGAQShotToRememberAustinPowers05.ashx

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BigD62 said:

I wouldn't worry about it. Last year everyone swore the stadiums would be half empty and most of them were filled. Thinking about going to Buffalo or Minneapolis. Minneapolis is on my birthday and last year I spent my birthday in Orlando with my favorite band. Plus that new stadium looks really cool. I am waiting to buy tickets though because last year I could get better tickets for the same price a week before the concert than I got in the presale at every show except Vegas. I am sure many people learned a lot of lessons about GnR tickets sales from last year. As GnR says Patience.

what tix did people get last min for better $$? I ask b/c I'd be only interested in pit/up close and I don't know if you'd manage to get these spots last min for AT COST?? OR CHEAPER than at cost??

I ask b.c this tour I finally nailed all 3 pit tix whereas last year I got crap tix (even w/ presale)...but one venue was Toronto that was SOLD OUT fast (ok I got floor but still bad view) and the other was Detroit last min (I got crap seats but then gave security $15 and got into the floor w/ a gf so it was pretty amazing)...(went to LV as well, and yea that show was sold out obviously)...

I may try to go to another show last min...

I don't think GNR tickets have ever been sold this far in advance before.  

Personally, I'm waiting to see what my schedule is like next summer before I commit to anything.  I know I'm definitely going to the Buffalo show, and if I go to Montreal I'll probably see Ottawa as well.  Considering great seats could be had for most concerts a week or two out on the last leg (save for a few markets - Toronto, New York), I'm going to wait awhile before committing.  If I have to turn to the secondary ticket market to get the seats I want because I waited, so be it.  

One other thing to note that perhaps isn't affecting just me, with Christmas season upon us I just don't have the budget to spend $400-$600 on GNR tickets right now.  Expensive time of year and it's unlikely anyone in my family living in Toronto would know about shows in Buffalo or Montreal.  So again, while some might be buying tickets for others for Christmas, I would imagine that a lot of fans who have expensive gifts to buy for others might hold off until after the holidays are over and see how their budgets are doing.  

• Like 2

If I wasn't able to get pit tickets for Minneapolis, I would have also waited.  No one knows exactly how tickets are released for sale, but it's pretty clear it's not all at once.  I got skunked on three presales, but got pit in the general sale. 

The Metallica concert in Minneapolis is not the best comparable for the guns show. The concert was scheduled in a shorter time frame from when tickets went on sale, they had an arena act in avenge opening, plus tickets were cheaper.  I'm not certain guns will sell out Minneapolis, but there will be enough butts in the seats to turn a profit, which is the end goal in reality.  

Edited by JuicySwoos83

23 hours ago, BigD62 said:

All the way up til the morning of the tour kick off here in Detroit there were almost whole sections full of unsold tickets on Ticketmaster. Place ended up being damn near full by show time, so things will probably be fine on this tour as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RONIN said:

Izzy doesn't know how to play a guitar anymore. That's the word around here. Thankfully we have Fortus around to punch his guitar in the darkness while the spotlight is on Duff and Slash. 

Richard Fortus is becoming VERY famous now. I mean, very. He had more interviews in the media this year than Izzy ever had in his entire career.

This Fortus vs Izzy internet war is ridiculous :

1) Izzy can't play the guitar anymore on a professional level in a huge worldwide band like Guns N' Roses. He just can't. Fortus is a million miles ahead as a guitar player. 

2) Axl, Slash and Duff all chose RICHARD over IZZY. Not a question of money. Just a question of talent.

3) Fortus makes the band better because he is incredibly versatile. He can play everything, from rythm to lead guitar... Izzy can't. Basically, he can't even play a 3 chords song anymore properly. Most of the time, his guitar was UNPLUGGED on the UYI Tour in 1991!

4) Guns N' Roses is too big for Izzy. It's not for Richard. 

That's it.

Fortus will still be in the band for a long, very long time. He won this spot because he is the best. 

Let it go...

Edited by Caraibes

On 12/14/2016 at 10:29 PM, coolranchdressing! said:

what tix did people get last min for better $$? I ask b/c I'd be only interested in pit/up close and I don't know if you'd manage to get these spots last min for AT COST?? OR CHEAPER than at cost??

For the 2nd night in Chicago, they dropped prices through most of the stadium and had additional discounts through various promotions.  They also converted a bunch of unsold VIP floor seats to regular tickets, so I got row 7 on the center aisle for $250 each.  However, I don't believe they ever dropped the price of pit tix or the front floor sections below $250.

In the end, they closed the upper deck on one side of the stadium and removed some seats on the floor, but otherwise the place was packed.  As others have said, it's WAY too early to worry about ticket sales.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2016 at 11:29 PM, coolranchdressing! said:

I ask b.c this tour I finally nailed all 3 pit tix whereas last year I got crap tix (even w/ presale)...but one venue was Toronto that was SOLD OUT fast (ok I got floor but still bad view) and the other was Detroit last min (I got crap seats but then gave security $15 and got into the floor w/ a gf so it was pretty amazing)...(went to LV as well, and yea that show was sold out obviously)...

I may try to go to another show last min...

I just got a pit ticket for Ottawa 2 minutes ago. Sweet. That is my Christmas present to myself. Now just have to find a cheap flight or train ticket from Windsor. There are still pit tix for Miami available also right now. However, Miami in the middle of the summer will be nasty.

Edited by BigD62
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, BigD62 said:

I just got a pit ticket for Ottawa 2 minutes ago. Sweet. That is my Christmas present to myself. Now just have to find a cheap flight or train ticket from Windsor. There are still pit tix for Miami available also right now. However, Miami in the middle of the summer will be nasty.

The Miami show is at Marlins Park that has a retractable dome and air conditioning.  The roof will certainly be closed for this concert.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

The Miami show is at Marlins Park that has a retractable dome and air conditioning.  The roof will certainly be closed for this concert.

Yeah they'll have the AC cranked..Should be in the comfortable 70's range inside.

1 hour ago, TheHelgo said:

Tickets for St. Louis show appear to be picking up a bit based on the map.  Kinda odd how the sections are selling though, so I wonder if it is ticketmaster playing games with the available tickets.

I think you're right about ticketmaster playing games.  can't imagine that the rows above LL in 400 level sold out before the rows lower than LL.

2 hours ago, TheHelgo said:

Tickets for St. Louis show appear to be picking up a bit based on the map.  Kinda odd how the sections are selling though, so I wonder if it is ticketmaster playing games with the available tickets.

"I wonder if it is ticketmaster playing games with the available tickets."   TM etc...manipulates the seating charts and tix availability almost daily it seems. 

• Like 1

As a die hard fan, I am not tempted to buy any 2017 tickets this early. I suggest waiting until your GNR show is few days/weeks away and then pulling the trigger.

I was able to pick up 2 prime seats, each $89 below face value for the Arlington, TX show, eight days before the gig, via StubHub.

These seats were 11 rows closer than seats in the same section, that I picked up and then returned during the presale.

Buying such expensive tickets many months in advance is a bad idea!

I plan to attend the San Antonio show. However, I won't buy my tickets until August or September, from a desperate scalper.
I will NEVER spend $300 to see ANY band again. 

• Like 1