Reunion Of The Year: Guns N' Roses (CoS Article)

6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes!! About two hours late when I saw him in the UK. 

I was pissed off he was late, and to make it worse, half an hour after he managed to get to the show the bar shut!! 

W2xbd2N.png

This thread was 3 days ago.

Seems like he ruined his own reputation for himself for the most part.

I would be pissed after 2 hours also lol

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Nobody needs a new album from GN'R more than anyone needed the new Metallica album. Yes, it would be amazing to get a new album, but like it or not, the world won't erupt from a new Guns album. The forum might crash, but the world won't lose their shit over a new album. It'll be in the media for a few weeks and then we'll stop hearing about it because that's how the media works. 

And frankly the world could care less for a new Metallica album. It's something that the die hards are happy to hear but, it's not like hardwired wiped out master of puppets or ride the lightning. 

56 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

And frankly the world could care less for a new Metallica album. It's something that the die hards are happy to hear but, it's not like hardwired wiped out master of puppets or ride the lightning. 

I listened to Hardwired all the way through and then listened again a week later to give it a fair chance. I personally don't see what all the hype is about.

9 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I guess since I have never gotten to see him after being a fan for thirty years and two cancelled concerts I had tickets for, it wouldn't bother me to keeping waiting a little longer.  One day I will see GNR, I just have to use my "Patience" . Lol

I knew Axl would be late, but a lot of people didn't. At one of the shows there was a young boy there who must've been about 12, with his mum. By 11pm she said she couldn't wait any longer and dragged the lad out, he was sobbing his heart out. Didn't even get to see one song :(

I'll never forget that. 

6 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I listened to Hardwired all the way through and then listened again a week later to give it a fair chance. I personally don't see what all the hype is about.

Same here....it had two fairly decent songs on it, the rest are....recycled garbage really.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think it's just kids who just like screamo and hated the black album because it was phenomenal and incredibly successful world wide so they just hate it for ... well I guess their own psychotic reasons. The load and reload albums are great but God forbid they didn't put out 11 minute speed metal crap for kicks  :lol:

"Metallica sold out with radio hits and success" yeah god forbid anyone would want to go from living in a shitty apartment to a mansion :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I think the kids who just like screamo and hated the lack album because it was phenomenal and incredibly successful world wide just hate it for their own psychotic reasons :lol:

"Metallica sold out with radio hits and success" yeah god forbid anyone would want to go from living in a shitty apartment to a mansion :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

If it wasn't for the black album, load, and reload, Metallica would be nobodies. I hated it when they went back to thrash. But to each his own.

• Like 1

Just now, gnfnrs1972 said:

If it wasn't for the black album, load, and reload, Metallica would be nobodies. I hated it when they went back to thrash. But to each his own.

I agree completely. They're out of ideas so go back to what they did in the beginning because wannabe hardcore kids who love unknown a day to remember and bring me the horizon screamo will maybe buy it through iTunes :lol:

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I knew Axl would be late, but a lot of people didn't. At one of the shows there was a young boy there who must've been about 12, with his mum. By 11pm she said she couldn't wait any longer and dragged the lad out, he was sobbing his heart out. Didn't even get to see one song :(

I'll never forget that. 

he ( well they ) were late for Vegas too but i wasn't worried. i was so excited and happy plus there was a cute guy who was flirting w/me :D

but that is sad about the little boy. reminded me of this cute little boy who was at a PBR event i attended. i was talking to my friend cos the rider i went to see hadn't shown up yet and we were worried. anyway little guy says to me "Miss, he has his own plane, he'll be here". so cute him reassuring me but i could tell he was worried. When Tuff ( the rider ) showed up he was all " Miss, Miss he's here"! melted my heart :heart:

3 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

This is so completely inaccurate it's not even funny.   I'm talking about the being nobodies part, by the way.   

• Like 2

On 12/12/2016 at 11:25 AM, blackieloveless said:

he is basically calling it a Nostalgia tour and saying the fans are cool with that , is he right ?

I could have sworn I heard him give them credit for bringing out Coma and Estranged every night and tackling the newer material from CD so no, e's not calling it a strictly nostalgia tour; but he did compare it toother nostalgia tours like VH and Motley Crue.  Let's be accurate here!

22 hours ago, tsinindy said:

This is so completely inaccurate it's not even funny.   I'm talking about the being nobodies part, by the way.   

I don't feel like its inaccurate. If you took away the black album, garage inc, load and reload and went straight to st. anger they would be a underground hit still to this day. With the exception of the song One they would be boring thrash metal nobodies. I can't help it if I'm right. :-)

1 minute ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

I don't feel like its inaccurate. If you took away the black album, garage inc, load and reload and went straight to st. anger they would be a underground hit still to this day. With the exception of the song One they would be boring thrash metal nobodies. I can't help it if I'm right. :-)

Just one question, do you have any idea how big they were before the black album?

31 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

talk about the pussification of people.  The only reason to this day I'd still see a Metallica show is because of Garage Days, Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets.  After that, it's been all down hill with the exception of Enter Sandman

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

So, no you clearly don't know lol.  Have a good day.

I'd say they were the 2nd most popular band to the 90K or so that went to the Monsters of Rock at the old JFK stadium in Philly back in 87 or 88  --- the surge when they came on sucked me back about 10 rows of people

2 hours ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

This is two years before The Black Album...

I would not call a band the size Metallica was back then a "underground hit", in fact they played a lot of the same venues on their Damaged Justice Tour (1989) that GN'R did on the Use Your Illusion Tour.