Reunion Of The Year: Guns N' Roses (CoS Article)

I love the new Metallica album. It isn't groundbreaking but it is great to hear them get closer to the music they were actually good at.  I think there are some great songs on Hardwired and I crank the shit. It was the first Metallica CD I bought since LOAD which I ended up selling for $5 bucks later the same day.

As for Metallica, they had gotten huge before the Black album. I remember all the music stores counting down the days until it came out. They could have released a CD of all of them farting and it would have went #1 at that point. For me I had heard of Metallica and maybe had heard a song but didn't really come familiar until Justice came out. While I know the name started getting out there during Master,  I think if most people my age are honest they would say the same. Then it was like Holy shit going out and discovering Kill Em All, Lightning, Master and Garage Days all at the same time. They just fucking exploded! 

Anyway, I think you guys should give Hardwired another shot. Listen with an open mind. 

As for a new Guns record. I am really not sure how I  feel about it. The thought of Frank, Fortus or Melissa contributing does nothing for me. Neither does it sounding even remotely like Chinese Democracy...

• Like 3