Reunion Of The Year: Guns N' Roses (CoS Article)

Bottom line: The Los Angeles rockers are notorious assholes. If there’s one takeaway from their entire legacy, it’s not the number of albums they sold or the size of the stadiums they toppled; it’s how they let their own personal egos and machismo shatter what should have been a far more epic and viable band.

Yikes.

Just now, blackieloveless said:

he is basically calling it a Nostalgia tour and saying the fans are cool with that , is he right ?

HELL NO!!!,.   

HeS not right at all.  This is not even close of a nostalgia crap.  This is an EXTRA SUCCESFULL world tour of a band that is again working their way to the top ( and getting there).  Getting confy with each other, screening peoples response to all of this, ..JUST WARMING things up .

A new gnr album is NECESARY today.  The fans are crazy for it, the media is expecting for it , politic and social enviroment globaly begs for it,  and, most important :  THE CLOWNY SAD BS STUPID SELL OUT music bussines NEED THIS as soon as posible.   Music industry lost credibility, level, reality, trust, and more.. Today music bussines is less than a circus. And theres nobody better for saving the ship than GUNS N' ROSES. 

So yes.  We need it, the world need it, the media needs it, the music bizz needs it.. And the good thing is that, at some point.. WE'RE GONNA GET IT

PEACE

18 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

HELL NO!!!,.   

HeS not right at all.  This is not even close of a nostalgia crap.  This is an EXTRA SUCCESFULL world tour of a band that is again working their way to the top ( and getting there).  Getting confy with each other, screening peoples response to all of this, ..JUST WARMING things up .

A new gnr album is NECESARY today.  The fans are crazy for it, the media is expecting for it , politic and social enviroment globaly begs for it,  and, most important :  THE CLOWNY SAD BS STUPID SELL OUT music bussines NEED THIS as soon as posible.   Music industry lost credibility, level, reality, trust, and more.. Today music bussines is less than a circus. And theres nobody better for saving the ship than GUNS N' ROSES. 

So yes.  We need it, the world need it, the media needs it, the music bizz needs it.. And the good thing is that, at some point.. WE'RE GONNA GET IT

PEACE

I hope your kidding.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

HELL NO!!!,.   

PEACE

Nobody needs a new album from GN'R more than anyone needed the new Metallica album. Yes, it would be amazing to get a new album, but like it or not, the world won't erupt from a new Guns album. The forum might crash, but the world won't lose their shit over a new album. It'll be in the media for a few weeks and then we'll stop hearing about it because that's how the media works. 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Nobody needs a new album from GN'R more than anyone needed the new Metallica album. Yes, it would be amazing to get a new album, but like it or not, the world won't erupt from a new Guns album. The forum might crash, but the world won't lose their shit over a new album. It'll be in the media for a few weeks and then we'll stop hearing about it because that's how the media works. 

this

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Exactly. "The world" doesn't need a new GNR album, but *we* do. 

Outside of that minor part of the article, I really don't have any issue with it. Seems like they're just calling things like they see it. Surprisingly, they see a lot more positive about this past year than the press usually does. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

HELL NO!!!,.   

PEACE

LMAO. That's all I gotta say

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl hasn't been consistently late in close to 6 or 7 years. That insult is getting old.

Wasnt axl late at least half of 2012? specifically in europe. Its not like that perception of Axl isnt warranted. He was late to a good number of shows in 91/92, as well as 2001 - 2007

Edited by Mendez

4 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Wasnt axl late at least half of 2012? specifically in europe. Its not like that perception of Axl isnt warranted. He was late to a good number of shows in 91/92, as well as 2001 - 2007

He actually seems to laugh about it in recent interviews. He had his own reasons for it, but at least he showed up. I wouldn't get pissed off if he were late, he is worth waiting for...lol

1 hour ago, Mendez said:

Yes!! About two hours late when I saw him in the UK. 

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

He actually seems to laugh about it in recent interviews. He had his own reasons for it, but at least he showed up. I wouldn't get pissed off if he were late, he is worth waiting for...lol

I was pissed off he was late, and to make it worse, half an hour after he managed to get to the show the bar shut!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, auad said:

this

To be fair, GNR were on top of the world last time Axl & Slash released an album of original material and it was almost 26 years ago. Metallica have been around releasing stuff throughout the years so the notoriety/excitement of a GN'R release would be significantly more. Even more so if it had a few kickass radio friendly songs.

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yes!! About two hours late when I saw him in the UK. 

I was pissed off he was late, and to make it worse, half an hour after he managed to get to the show the bar shut!! 

I guess since I have never gotten to see him after being a fan for thirty years and two cancelled concerts I had tickets for, it wouldn't bother me to keeping waiting a little longer.  One day I will see GNR, I just have to use my "Patience" . Lol

Just now, Martin Riggs said:

To be fair, GNR were on top of the world last time Axl & Slash released an album of original material and it was almost 26 years ago. Metallica have been around releasing stuff throughout the years so the notoriety/excitement of a GN'R release would be significantly more. Even more so if it had a few kickass radio friendly songs.

Metallica is miles away from GNR in so many ways...but I agree with you about "radio friendly songs"

• Like 1

So here's my thing:

Just because the only people to really care about GN'R in the last 20 years (read: us) have any idea that Axl's been more or less on time for a couple of years prior to the reunion, doesn't mean the general public does. There's really no excuse for a LOT of Axl's behavior since the beginning of GN'R really. I consider myself a pretty big GN'R fan and a fan of Axl. That doesn't mean I have to think the guy is a saint or demand that anyone else does.

All this article says to me is some straight up facts:

GN'R (Axl more than anyone) has a long history of disappointing people.
They managed to have a wildly succussful year where they didn't pull any of their shit from the past.
They're touring on their back catalog right now, but they're doing well at it.
The general public doesn't really have a need for a new GN'R album.

I don't understand what's so terrible about all those things from the article.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mendez said:

Maybe here and there, but it really hasn't been much of an actual issue in years is my point. 

As far as how impactful a new album would be, I would feel safe in saying that Guns N Roses is the most talented hard rock band of all time and in the top 10 of most talented bands ever. 

Where this is good is even if everyone has a short attention span I think a truly good and relevant album will linger as something more than just a spark. If the album is mediocre then it will get mediocre attention but if it's truly great, and I believe it can be, then those are things that change the landscape of the music world. Those albums just don't pop up though, they take chemistry, the right moment, the right people, and the right audience...things need to nearly be perfect. Still I see this as possible for the group assembled. 

These guys don't have the same life experiences now that they had 30 years ago though...I think a relevant album needs to have the voice of Civil War, they need to capture that social relevance in an album. 

I think they are one of the few bands that can deliver an authentic message through their music, I'm afraid that might disappoint many of the fans here as too political, but singing about sex, drugs and rock just doesn't fly when your in your 50's...don't sing about the struggle when you're a millionaire, and if dating and women are still giving you trouble then that's just sad. 

I hope this band brings the Guns, the maturity, and come out firing with something aggressive to display their talents on New material.