anyone surprised how big gnr is again but having released so little music

compared to stones black sabbath led zeppelin floyd fuck almost the doors 

GNR are still fucking huge were only popular from 87-94 

does this make any sense to their true potential and hopefully not because of their underachievements, still time to release new stuff 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

Of course they are their music is fucking great, people want to see Slash with GNR again. And Stones are old and touring 50 years not really exciting, if Led Zeppelin started tour again they would sell like crazy we seen it for that one show in 2007 milions of people wanted those tickets. People are hungry for great rock bands that we unfortunately don't have anymore for whatever reason and Guns and Axl/DC are closest thing to that.

• Like 3

I'm surprised it's been so success from the start. Axl was out there, touring as "GNR" for years and not everyone follows music closely enough to know who was or wasn't in the band. There was no single, no album, no interviews or promotion from the band itself...all it took was a press release that Slash and Duff were back and they're selling out stadiums.  

• Like 2

Number 1 act out there in cuality, earnings, atendance, highest ticket prices and fee on this 2016 ( and theyve only toured april, july, august, october and november. )

More than 3 million tickets sold , several huge sold outs, november rain reached more tha 700 million views and sweet child +400 million, fans all over the world crazy about them, ..

And when u think theyre just warming up..  

Ive got to say, at some point (between 2002 and 2004) i was kinda thinking "well, i guess gnr is a thing from the past, the world forgot them".. Then, out of the blue, with no promotion or whatever, just like that, the "greatest hits" debuts on charts number 3, and stayed strong on hot 100 for more than a year.. Then i knew it " if those guys get togheter.. Oh dear god".

And here we are.. And things just started. We have so much coming, theres so much going on.

Get ready!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasted said:

New music isn't that important these days. 

I disagree. Probably in the case of rock bands who have cemented their legacy. But to hip hop/rap/pop fans, then yes it is. When new music in those genres drops, alot of people who listen to those genres listen to it.

1 hour ago, smoking guns said:

This shit won't last if they don't release some shit or at minimum, drop The Seeker. What a piece of shit song. That said I saw them 3 times this year. 

i agree 

come the end of the next north america tour there will be nothing without new music or original 5

axl is going out with a fight but fruitless other than the money it appears 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i agree 

come the end of the next north america tour there will be nothing without new music or original 5

axl is going out with a fight but fruitless other than the money it appears 

I agree he will go out with a fight, he disappeared in the mid 90's, but he seems determined to correct his legacy at all cost. This year Axl has made amends with band mates, he's expanded his talents to another band, he's gotten a voice in politics, he's been on time, and I don't think he woke up one morning and decided to do this, I think Axl has laid out a definite plan to cement his name, the bands name in music history  with a happy ending...

i don't think he disappears again unless things go wrong at some point. 

I'm not surprised. I always see GN'R as that kind of rock band that would last forever. I might even say, legendary. People from young to old still listen to their songs. Kids still learn that famous SCOM riff.

I wasn't even born yet when GN'R was at its peak, by the time I was born the band was already breaking. Yet here I am. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, donny said:

they are a massive band but have they got bigger from a few years ago ? they just sold out an 80,000 capacity venue in the uk. GNR sold 80,000 tickets in 2012 in the uk without slash, duff and all the hype

Thats true, probably an average of 10,000 at the 8 shows in 2012.

Now they are on target looking to sell double that at Olympic Park, plus Slane being a closer market of 80,000 also. 

No I'm not, I think it would be even bigger if the horrid Ashba/Bumblefoot etc lineup hadn't saturated the market in the past few years.

People like myself who are in or over their mid 30's probably won't be surprised, because they remember/experienced how HUGE Guns N Roses were.

They are a rock institution/staple- in the same vein as ACDC, Zeppelin, Sabbath etc...people go to hear the big hits, the majority of which are all from only a couple of albums.

Edited by DR DOOM
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, donny said:

they are a massive band but have they got bigger from a few years ago ? they just sold out an 80,000 capacity venue in the uk. GNR sold 80,000 tickets in 2012 in the uk without slash, duff and all the hype

That was only 18 months after already touring most of those venues and selling them out in 2010, too.