ACDC to release new Rock or Bust book on tour

BOSSY78

2 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

I just went to site and re read. I guess it could be taken either way. It says covering the full extent of the tour but lists it as the 2015 which technically is true though some dates were rescheduled for 2016.

No 2015 dates were rescheduled for 2016 - all 2015 dates were played as scheduled. Either way, the article says the book will cover their 17-month-long tour. First gig was April 10, 2015, last gig was September 20, 2016. 17 months. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

No 2015 dates were rescheduled for 2016 - all 2015 dates were played as scheduled. Either way, the article says the book will cover their 17-month-long tour. First gig was April 10, 2015, last gig was September 20, 2016. 17 months. 

I don't know how I thought that lol considering I had an original ticket to the cancelled Columbus stop. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Somehow I was thinking April for GnR forgetting that in March we knew ACDC was gonna reschedule the US dates scheduled. 

Yea I think it will be the whole tour so hope we get some nice Axl stuff from it too. I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Screw the book.*

I'm eagerly awaiting the ultimate Rock Or Bust Tour Blu-ray package with the Wrigley Brian gig and the final Axl gig with bonus features of the rotation songs from both singers.

*I will 100% be purchasing the book on the first day.

Fuuuck, I want a Blu Ray so bad.

Except they can leave off GTDAB with Brian, sounded fucking terrible.

• Like 1

Yeah even with Brian's fast deterioration on the early 2016 shows, most of the songs were still listenable. GTDAB with the biggest exception. He just couldn't find the key. Poor guy, especially after he plowed his way through the 2015 shows delivering better vocals than the Black Ice tour.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Yeah even with Brian's fast deterioration on the early 2016 shows, most of the songs were still listenable. GTDAB with the biggest exception. He just couldn't find the key. Poor guy, especially after he plowed his way through the 2015 shows delivering better vocals than the Black Ice tour.

I mean, even taking Brian out of the equation, something just didn't sound right downtuning that one. But with Brian I'm not exactly surprised he had a hard time with that one, between not having been played in 36 years, his hearing, and the fact that it had never been played downtuned before.

• Like 1

There was some songs Brian didn't sound as strong on. A few friends mentioned it. I didn't see Brian on this tour. Some were already saying they thought this was gonna be the last tour he did.

I love GnR above any other band but ACDC would be in top 5. 

I will likely purchase this but really would be puruaded if it had Axl in it

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

On their site it says

Featuring

Angus Young, Brian Johnson, Cliff Williams,

Which is strange being as it says 17 month long tour and everything. I wonder why they don't include Axl in the book.

Stevie and Chris aren't included either? That wouldn't make any sense.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 minute ago, James Bond said:

We already knew that the material for this was compiled from 2015.

I think that they should have included Axl. As a “thank you“. 

I hope that they will release the “Rock or Bust Tour 2016“ tour book as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

Rufus Publications has set an October 16 shipping date for the AC/DC book titled "Rock Or Bust: The Official Photographic Tour Book".

The first official AC/DC book with an introduction by Angus Young, the book covers the full extent of AC/DC's groundbreaking 2015 world tour supporting the multi-million selling "Rock Or Bust" album, released in 2014.

Starting in Coachella, the "Rock Or Bust" tour has played to millions of fans around the world, setting records for attendance and sell out times. It is also the last tour to feature legendary vocalist Brian Johnson.

Renowned music photographer Ralph Larmann has captured AC/DC throughout this incredible tour, creating an amazing photographic documentary of the band and fans in action.

This 300mm square coffee table book has been produced in conjunction with the band and features an introduction by Angus Young. Printed on 170gsm art paper and with 264 pages in full colour, this coffee table book features hundreds of behind-the-scenes images and live action shots of key dates on the 2015 tour tour, finishing in Australia in December.

If you pre-order now, you can get your name in the back of the book. When you place your order, you will see an area to add your name on the main order page. Please make sure your name is spelt correctly. All names will appear at the back of the book in alphabetical order. If you do not wish your name to appear, please put "No Thanks" in the name box.

After August 18, it will not be possible to have your name in the book (they need to start printing) and the offer price will be revised. The book will also go on public pre-sale at this point.

The official Leather And Metal Edition:

Bound in recycled, black leather with a pewter embossed logo and supplied in a red metal, die-cut slipcase together with 300mm square art prints of AC/DC album covers. Individually numbered and limited to 500 copies.

- A unique AC/DC collectible weighing 6 kilos!
- Normal price £295 plus shipping.
- Pre-order price £275, including free worldwide shipping.

The official Standard Edition:

A large-format, softcover book with matt lamination and spot UV supplied in a presentation black buckram slipcase with foil embossed logo. Printed in color on 170gsm art paper.

- Normal price £95 plus shipping.
- Pre-order price £85, including free worldwide shipping.

The Bundle Editions:

Both versions of the book bundled together at a special price for pre-orders.

- Normal price £390 plus shipping.
- Pre-order price £330, including free worldwide shipping.

Why are the books shipping in October? It takes six weeks to print, bind and put together each edition and they have to allow a month to get people's names in for the subscriber section of the book. It then takes a while to assemble and pack each edition for sending to customers via their courier service.

acdcrockorbustphotobook1.jpg

acdcrockorbustphotobook2.jpg

acdcrockorbustphotobook4.jpg

acdcrockorbustphotobook5.jpg

acdcrockorbustphotobook6.jpg

Edited by Silent Jay