Guns n Roses Bootleg DVD Pre-order

5 hours ago, Amir said:

99.9999999999% likely to be a bootleg. Somehow even big box retailers like Best Buy and HMV sell these things :shrugs:

i am very grateful for every person that has ever ben involved i any capacity with the production of GNR bootlegs

i am also very grateful for all the people that sell them, trade them and share them

i am disgusted that the my favorite band, the best rock n roll ever, has never released a live album

27 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i am very grateful for every person that has ever ben involved i any capacity with the production of GNR bootlegs

i am also very grateful for all the people that sell them, trade them and share them

i am disgusted that the my favorite band, the best rock n roll ever, has never released a live album

What?   Live Era?!?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ludurigan said:

fake guns did but I couldn't watch it when AXS aired it as it was cringe worthy

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jmapelian said:

fake guns did but I couldn't watch it when AXS aired it as it was cringe worthy

i cant take 15 seconds of that crap!

its turd like appetite for democracy and live era that make me even more grateful to all the GLORIOUS BOOTLEGERS that have recorded GNR 1985-1991

these bootlegers (and also all the TVs that broadcasted GNR) gave me the chance to listen to my favorite band live

if it wasnt for them, i would never know how GNR sounds live!

because, apparently, GNR hates how GNR sounds live!

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

You know that Axl re-recorded his vocals on studio, right?

Yes, I'm aware of that....and I hope you are aware most live albums have some sort of overdubbing done.  Granted, completely re-recording vocals is a bit excessive.  But, it is a "live album" as live as Kiss Alive or Alive II are at least :)

4 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Yes, I'm aware of that....and I hope you are aware most live albums have some sort of overdubbing done.  Granted, completely re-recording vocals is a bit excessive.  But, it is a "live album" as live as Kiss Alive or Alive II are at least :)

that was not overdubbing. that was re-recording.

FIVE YEARS LATER.

With a different voice (that he had never used live before)

It didnt improve it. not by an inch. It made it worse. It made it cringe worthy.

What Axl Rose did to that album is absolutely ridiculous.

===

Besides, even if you forget about Axl vocals, 90% of that album is not GNR, its just Slash and Duff with the circus (Gilby, Matt, Zig Zag, Tracy, Roberta etc etc etc). The fucking Circus. Izzy and Steven are in like two tracks. Thats absolutely pathetic. It would not be so much pathetic if that album was named "Live Illusion" (yes, the pun is intentional) or "Illusion Era" or anything like that. But no! They named it "1987-1993" and they put (a lot of) actual Guns n Roses flyers on the cover. Thats beyond pathetic.

5 hours ago, ludurigan said:

that was not overdubbing. that was re-recording.

FIVE YEARS LATER.

With a different voice (that he had never used live before)

It didnt improve it. not by an inch. It made it worse. It made it cringe worthy.

What Axl Rose did to that album is absolutely ridiculous.

===

Besides, even if you forget about Axl vocals, 90% of that album is not GNR, its just Slash and Duff with the circus (Gilby, Matt, Zig Zag, Tracy, Roberta etc etc etc). The fucking Circus. Izzy and Steven are in like two tracks. Thats absolutely pathetic. It would not be so much pathetic if that album was named "Live Illusion" (yes, the pun is intentional) or "Illusion Era" or anything like that. But no! They named it "1987-1993" and they put (a lot of) actual Guns n Roses flyers on the cover. Thats beyond pathetic.

I don't disagree with you on the quality of the record. I don't even own it myself.  I have several bootlegs from the time frame that are just fine for me.

But, it's stll considered a live album, I think.  I dunno, don't really care now lol

23 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Damn, tough crowd for Live Era. It's not that fuckin' bad, geez

In contrast I've never watched Appetite For Communism ONCE 

I love Live Era.. I just wish there were more than 3 songs on it from the Appetite line up...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I don't disagree with you on the quality of the record. I don't even own it myself.  I have several bootlegs from the time frame that are just fine for me.

But, it's stll considered a live album, I think.  I dunno, don't really care now lol

hahahaha i think should stop caring about all this shit too hauhuahauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhauhahauhauha

• Like 1

Funny that, live era was the first gnr album i owned and listened to it religiously for years and never knew it had any tinkering or re recording of vocals until i joined this forum lol im gonna listen to it again as its been a while and see do i notice the re recorded vocals. 

Is there any tracks where its really noticeable?

25 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Funny that, live era was the first gnr album i owned and listened to it religiously for years and never knew it had any tinkering or re recording of vocals until i joined this forum lol im gonna listen to it again as its been a while and see do i notice the re recorded vocals. 

Is there any tracks where its really noticeable?

the best way to notice is to listen to the actual live recordings, specially the SDB -- all the famous live recordings like marquee 87, pasadena 87, ritz 88, japan 88, la 89, rio 91, indiana 91, paris 92, oklahoma 92, japan 92, argentina 92, argentina 93.

once you get used to axl real live voice, when you push play on live era you will likely notice the re-recorded vocals in 5 seconds

I'd imagine  almost all "live" albums have some sort of overdub or studio tweaking done to them. The most famous on is Judas Priest's Unleashed in the East . It's been nicknamed "Unleashed in the Studio" Frampton Comes Alive most of it was recored live. Just reading Kiss Alive had a lot of "fixing" done to it. I read a while ago I'm not sure how true it is that Marillion record all their live shows then offer them for sale to the concert goers . That way they can choose the show they attended which I think is cool.

Edited by AFD5

All live releases for commercial purposes are generally patched up. A bum note here or there is fixed, maybe a section of vocals where the microphone level dropped and had to be spliced in from another performance, etc...

Live Era and its completed re-recorded vocal sections is common practice. Instrumentally it seems mostly left alone but one obvious fix is Duff's bass intro to Sweet Child. That's taken from the Paris 1992 show where he botches the intro, but on Live Era its fixed. Doesn't necessarily mean Duff went into the studio but that they probably grabbed it from another performance.

There's another common "vocally enhanced" live album - AC/DC Live had tons of re-recorded Brian vocals, but at least it was done during the same time period. What makes Live Era so noticeable is that Axl's voice had changed by 1999 and therefore it doesn't match with the 1992 vocals that were left alone.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2016 at 10:38 PM, tsinindy said:

Not 100% true; I got soundboard CD from SMKC during their 1st tour from the NYC show that has no overdubs and was cut the night of the show

28 minutes ago, jmapelian said:

Not 100% true; I got soundboard CD from SMKC during their 1st tour from the NYC show that has no overdubs and was cut the night of the show

Thus the operational keyword that I originally used: MOST

Edited by tsinindy