I held Guns N' Roses together when they were ‘the most dangerous band in the world' -Sorum

Could have included sorum in the topic title :P

Anyways I don't see a single thing wrong with anything he said Since he's entitled to his opinion, until he drops "“What’s going on now is great for them, but I was there when it was great too – probably the greatest.” 

He may be right but that screams butt hurt and jealousy that he's not involved. I guess I can't necessarily blame him, he's a pretty cocky guy and Clearly was under the impression and assumption that if they ever reunited he would be the drummer.  They didn't even ask Sorum clearly but Franks been GNRs drummer for 10 years and it's axls call at the end of the day. It just is what it is...

1 hour ago, The Black said:

I CAUGHT YOUR ATTENTION BY 'WRITING EVERYTHING IN CAPS LOCK'.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I guess he's entitled to his opinion, but I think it's an overstatement to say the least.:wacko:

Yeah I mean I would argue that appetite was the greatest era but, I really liked that lineup when he and Dizzy joined, before Gilby of course

Edited by Billsfan

Matt always gets hate regarding his ego, but other members were not saints either and after putting in so much effort and being such a big part of such a big band, anyone would be pissed if you are not invited after so many years even though you played with some of the members since the past 20 years. 

His drumming style has gotten better and I would prefer him any day over Frank. 

• Like 4

I don't think Matt really knows how he feels or can make up his mind.

In one instance, he takes what seems like a backhanded shot by saying:

"Everything was so much different than what I expected. I thought I was walking into a straight-up rock band, a crossbreed of AC/DC and Aerosmith, mixed with the Sex Pistols and Nazareth. Along came pianos and these epic 10-minute opuses. I was surprised."

That kinda indicates to me that what the band was currently doing wasn't cool to Matt compared to what they had done before he got the gig.

But then he goes on to say:

"I was in the most dangerous rock'n'roll band in the world at the time. What’s going on now is great for them, but I was there when it was great too – probably the greatest."

So was the piano era the greatest era even though Matt hated it, or was it really the Appetite era before he got there?

I don't think Matt can decide.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Probably. No one on this forum was there/alive then so they can't really call bullshit on him

Edited by Chris 55

9 hours ago, AFD5 said:

I'm sure I rember him having a drink & drug addiction to equal Duff & Slash. Apparently he partied just as hard, I'm not sure that would constitute as keeping them together.

I think it was Duff that said he was the first to be clean from at least drugs. But stilk he was partying equally for a while