Revolver Music Awards 2016: Bumblefoot in the "Fallen Heroes All-Star Jam"; Megadeth: The Great Winner..

auad

On 14/12/2016 at 6:54 PM, tsinindy said:

This was yesterday also, Ron butchered the bass on "Cold Gin" with Ace as his bass wasn't tuned properly for the song.  It was an impromptu thing after playing "New York Groove".

I committed a crime against the human ear tonight at Revolver Music Awards.... we rehearsed "New York Groove" with Ace Frehley, all good :) Last minute we were gonna break into "Cold Gin", Frankie Banali jumped on the kit (killed it!) and I jumped on the bass... I didn't realize the bass was tuned down a half-step for the Ace song (as it should be), and I compensated for what I thought the bass tuning was by playing everything *one fret lower*. I just couldn't hear that it was out on the stage. (I even put my ear to the bass cab when the song started but couldn't tell with all the resonance of everything...) So I'm having a great ol' time up there, and little do I know I just TORTURED people for 4 minutes. I get off stage and the "Dude, wtf happened?" texts begin... I check Revolver's video feed, and it's painfully loud & clear. I just played EVERY NOTE out of tune on that bass.

Sending my *sincerest apologies* to Revolver, Ace & the band, the audience, the neighbors, their pets, and anyone who watched / will watch the video stream. Good intentions, failed execution. Y'all deserve better, and I'll make sure I do better next time.

#SpinalTapMoment #StickToGuitar

Thank you to the Revolver team, Webster Hall crew, Century Media Records, all the great bands, and the GREAT audience, so good to see you all :)

Ron