Axl's best song performance

Mark1989

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh gawd i hate being called out when i only know a few words of a language! i know fois gras because i am a wanna be gourmand. but the rest i had to google :P and google claims it means gently on the fat...so did you mean go easy on the foie gras? ;)

Oui c'est ça, ca veut dire de faire attention et d'y aller 'mollo' ;) Parce que le foie gras est succulent mais très calorifique! Et on le consomme généralement durant les périodes de noël.

Anyway, french isn't that easy I understand :D

• Like 1

Just now, Silent Jay said:

Oui c'est ça, ca veut dire de faire attention et d'y aller 'mollo' ;) Parce que le foie gras est succulent mais très calorifique! Et on le consomme généralement durant les périodes de noël.

Anyway, french isn't that easy I understand :D

hahahaha! i love French...that accent *swoon* gonna try and google this now :D

• Like 1

ok so i was kinda right! don't worry i don't know how to cook foie gras ;)  but i do have access to truffled duck pate which i MIGHT have a teeny bit of on New Year's Eve :P

do you have the buche de Noel at Christmas? i never have but it looks and sounds so good! :lol:

on topic all AXL/DC songs are great? :P 

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok so i was kinda right! don't worry i don't know how to cook foie gras ;)  but i do have access to truffled duck pate which i MIGHT have a teeny bit of on New Year's Eve :P

do you have the buche de Noel at Christmas? i never have but it looks and sounds so good! :lol:

in topic AXL/DC is great? :P 

I think we need another french section like we had in 2012, we're ruinning this thread! Yes the buche is an old tradition, I thought you already had this thing it's just a cake really! But I'm not too much into desserts, so I'd rather eat different kind of cheeses like Mont D' Or and stuff. Can't wait :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Silent Jay said:

I think we need another french section like we had in 2012, we're ruinning this thread! Yes the buche is an old tradition, I thought you already had this thing it's just a cake really! But I'm not too much into desserts, so I'd rather eat different kind of cheeses like Mont D' Or and stuff. Can't wait :) 

i would LOVE a french section! yeah we have the buche de noel thing here, just wanted to know if it was still popular in France :) i am not much on sweets myself but my family and friends love them so i have mastered microwave pralines, gingerbread and mince tarts. also at New Years i make puff pastry tarts with vanilla pastry cream and fresh raspberries with a raspberry glaze :P

every year on Bastille Day i do a french food night. yummy! :)

cheeses are great btw...

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i would LOVE a french section! yeah we have the buche de noel thing here, just wanted to know if it was still popular in France :) i am not much on sweets myself but my family and friends love them so i have mastered microwave pralines, gingerbread and mince tarts. also at New Years i make puff pastry tarts with vanilla pastry cream and fresh raspberries with a raspberry glaze :P

every year on Bastille Day i do a french food night. yummy! :)

cheeses are great btw...

We'll see it wasn't that successful though. Or a simple french cooking recipe thread! I had to google those desserts I'm no expert, but it 'sounds' delicious :) 

On topic you might like it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

This show might be the best Axl has ever done wth AC/DC, insane performances and raspy all along (sin city, tnt, let there be rock etc.). I feel privileged to have witnessed it.

Yeah that show is one of the highlights for sure. Damn I would kill to see them. Anybody who witnessed this shit is lucky.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Everyones posting live shows so I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the question wrong here but You're Crazy off of Lies is one of his best vocal takes.

Well the fact that were in the AXL/DC section talking about the recent tours might have something to do with it...

On 12/20/2016 at 6:35 AM, Len Cnut said:

Everyones posting live shows so I'm not sure if I'm interpreting the question wrong here but You're Crazy off of Lies is one of his best vocal takes.

In your defense, You're Crazy is absolutely one of his best efforts. The song as well, always thought it was way overlooked. It's a damn near perfect sounding song.

On the other hand, this is a damn AXL/DC thread homie:lol:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, J Dog said:

I don't say shit like this much, but they hit rock god status on those.

Not doing an album together with that voice would be almost criminal. Axl really wants to do it. I wonder if Angus will actually pull the trigger on it. He just looks old, but he's only 61 years old. (still adorable) Only 7 years difference between him and Axl.

Honestly, I'd say Angus found the only person in the world who can match Bon Scott. Come to think of it, with all the shit AC/DC have been through, they were so fuckin' lucky to find 3 great singers.

I rate them like this:

1. Bon Scott - rock n' roll personified, the best Hard Rock singer that ever lived

2. Axl - the only one who can do justice to both eras

3. Brian - did the impossible, replaced Bon Scott, Back In Black alone is such an achievement.

Just make it happen, make sure the album is good. The live shows Axl did with AC/DC already a part of Hard Rock history (I'm serious)

Need a good album to really cement. My guess is Angus knows how much Axl loves him and how important it is for him to not let him down. Axl will bring the fire for sure. Please merciful Jesus make it so.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Not doing an album together with that voice would be almost criminal. Axl really wants to do it. I wonder if Angus will actually pull the trigger on it. He just looks old, but he's only 61 years old. (still adorable) Only 7 years difference between him and Axl.

Honestly, I'd say Angus found the only person in the world who can match Bon Scott. Come to think of it, with all the shit AC/DC have been through, they were so fuckin' lucky to find 3 great singers.

I rate them like this:

1. Bon Scott - rock n' roll personified, the best Hard Rock singer that ever lived

2. Axl - the only one who can do justice to both eras

3. Brian - did the impossible, replaced Bon Scott, Back In Black alone is such an achievement.

Just make it happen, make sure the album is good. The live shows Axl did with AC/DC already a part of Hard Rock history (I'm serious)

Need a good album to really cement. My guess is Angus knows how much Axl loves him and how important it is for him to not let him down. Axl will bring the fire for sure. Please merciful Jesus make it so.

I think Angus wants it too. I think he even said once that Axl gave AC/DC some missing energy. Axl's voice singing hard rocking songs about rock n roll and hell and overall mischief is a perfect match. I don't see how it couldn't be good.

I'll be disappointed if we don't get new Guns. But if we don't get that or AXL/DC I'd be pissed. Have to get one or the other. Or both!

• Like 1