I hate astrology

john lennon

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I love how non-commital they are.  'Be wary of strangers today as you will meet one who may change your fortune'...now that could be anything from someone lending you 20p, getting mugged in a lift or having a surgeon tell you you've got arse cancer.

I used the exact phrase "arse cancer" in a Facebook post not half an hour ago. Fuck off Mystic Meg you cunt! :lol:

• Like 1

Well I don't subscribe to it in a Nancy Reagan kind of way, but I think there could be a kernel of validity to the concept of it.. if the moon can have influence over bodies of water here on earth, why couldn't the planets exert some type of influence over us that we just don't understand or have found the way to measure yet? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Well I don't subscribe to it in a Nancy Reagan kind of way, but I think there could be a kernel of validity to the concept of it.. if the moon can have influence over bodies of water here on earth, why couldn't the planets exert some type of influence over us that we just don't understand or have found the way to measure yet? 

Makes sense to me;)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Because they can't. It's really that simple. :lol: The moon exerts a gravitational influence on the oceans. It doesn't cause the Pacific to explore its insecurities and embark upon a voyage of deep personal discovery. :lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Because they can't. It's really that simple. :lol: The moon exerts a gravitational influence on the oceans. It doesn't cause the Pacific to explore its insecurities and embark upon a voyage of deep personal discovery. :lol:

:lol:   Ok, but the ocean is not a sentient being, and we now KNOW that it is gravity that exerts it's influence...how do we know that the planets don't have some sort of electrical or other type of connection to us? They move around, they align, they collide..how do we know that some people who are born when a certain calamitous planetary event happens, that they don't in turn have a very calamitous, unlucky life? We don't know, right? So it could be true. :P

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

:lol:   Ok, but the ocean is not a sentient being, and we now KNOW that it is gravity that exerts it's influence...how do we know that the planets don't have some sort of electrical or other type of connection to us? They move around, they align, they collide..how do we know that some people who are born when a certain calamitous planetary event happens, that they don't in turn have a very calamitous, unlucky life? We don't know, right? So it could be true. :P

Yeah, it could be the fault of the planets or you may just not look around at a stop sign. Call me simple but I usually go for the obvious answer. :lol:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Fine, but since the stars are not in the position astrologists say they are then you're not really using them for anything.

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Actually John very much believed in astrology and numerology and all that.

(there's always one nerdy know it all cunt ain't there? :lol: )

This mans a transsexual waiting to happen, mark my words :lol:

omg Len Cnut you're so edgy!

If you think that the brain of a creature that bleeds monthly through its genitalia it's the same of one that doesn't, ok... I guess? Not saying one is inferior os superior to the other. Men and women are different. Women seek astrology more than men, it's a fact. If that makes me a potential transsexual ok, I guess. Just don't see the connection. Keep being edgy.

11 hours ago, Rovim said:

You can't tell the future. Not by the stars, or anything else. The future doesn't exist until it becomes the present, so how can you predict it?

You get freaked out by fake shit. It's just another superstition. There is no truth to it whatsoever.

People believe in all kinds of lies. God for example. Or that the stars are somehow connected to our unimportant existence. We think we matter when the truth is we do not. Only to other people at best or pets.

There is no meaning or order to life. We're all just a weird experiment, a mistake you know...lol. Perhaps we're not meant to be as aware as we are, it creates confusion, or at least that's the price we pay for being so damn intelligent. (comparatively) We gotta believe in something? but there's nothing true to believe in other than maybe love which is technically fake as well and just a means to an end.

Dude, I know. Like, I am capable of being rational, thus I know it's all a bunch of bull, however for some reason that doesn't exactly stop me from being paranoid about things. Maybe I'm losing my mind or something. Anyway I was mostly kidding with this thread, too. 

4 hours ago, maynard said:

If you think that the brain of a creature that bleeds monthly through its genitalia it's the same of one that doesn't, ok... I guess? Not saying one is inferior os superior to the other. Men and women are different. Women seek astrology more than men, it's a fact. If that makes me a potential transsexual ok, I guess. Just don't see the connection. Keep being edgy.

Pretty sure the bleeding thing has nothing to do with the brain, you know? It's the uterus n stuff, you edgy thing. Almost as edgy as Len. I think you'd make a great pair.

Just cos I'm a woman it doesn't mean I'm stupid. As I said, I don't believe in the stars dictating my life. 

18 hours ago, maynard said:

It's funny how only women and gay men believe in this crap. Tells a lot about the male x female brains.

I'm a woman and I don't believe any of it! I also know some straight males who are really into it. 

My FB feed is often full of people posting their horoscopes and what it supposedly means for their futures, it does get fairly annoying.. but if it makes them happy then who am I to complain. 

8 hours ago, maynard said:

'Women and men are different', well fuck me, someone give the kid a lollipop :lol:. You're a Pre Op son, deal with it.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, john lennon said:

Pretty sure the bleeding thing has nothing to do with the brain, you know? It's the uterus n stuff, you edgy thing. Almost as edgy as Len. I think you'd make a great pair.

Just cos I'm a woman it doesn't mean I'm stupid. As I said, I don't believe in the stars dictating my life. 

I just tried to be straight to the point. I was talking about hormones, mood swings, pain and all that comes with menstruation. Just basically saying women and men are different in many aspects. I never said you are stupid. I said more women than men seek help in astrology.

Astrology and horoscope targets women. Or have you ever seen a horoscope section in an sports or men's health magazine? :lol:

3 hours ago, rubbermade_baby said:

I'm a woman and I don't believe any of it! I also know some straight males who are really into it. 

My FB feed is often full of people posting their horoscopes and what it supposedly means for their futures, it does get fairly annoying.. but if it makes them happy then who am I to complain. 

Happy for you, never said you did. I've said more women than men do. Please, it's easy to get offended but my posts were very clear. I'm really sorry if the fact that women buy into this crap more than men offends you.

As for the second part of your post, I agree... it's harmless, it shouldn't be that annoying. But it is. Hopefully this is just a part of this shitty era we're living in and will soon pass along with PC-culture, SJWs, feminists, etc.

10 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Fine, but since the stars are not in the position astrologists say they are then you're not really using them for anything.

That's a really good point, and I'm going to have to read some more of what that article was talking about.

20 minutes ago, maynard said:

I'm really sorry if the fact that women buy into this crap more than men offends you

Some of the other stuff you were saying, Yikes! But this above, yes I tend to agree..I think more women tend to want to delve deeper into the how and whys of the human psyche and behaviour...men are like "that guy's an asshole", whereas more women are like "yes but WHY is he an asshole"...and frankly we need both of these types of individuals for society to function.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I think more women tend to want to delve deeper into the how and whys of the human psyche and behaviour...men are like "that guy's an asshole", whereas more women are like "yes but WHY is he an asshole"...and frankly we need both of these types of individuals for society to function.

Nope. No. Nah. Silly generalization, no offense dear. I know how sensitive you ladies can get.

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Some of the other stuff you were saying, Yikes! But this above, yes I tend to agree..I think more women tend to want to delve deeper into the how and whys of the human psyche and behaviour...men are like "that guy's an asshole", whereas more women are like "yes but WHY is he an asshole"...and frankly we need both of these types of individuals for society to function.

What have I said that made you go yikes? Would really like to know. Don't think I've said anything negative to be honest. I hope it's not the menstruation stuff, I guess an honest woman would be the first to admit it messes with their heads, feelings, etc.

I agree that most women are like what you said. Unfortunately part of them use astrology and not psychology and real medicine to get to know why a person behaves a certain way.

I just hope nobody gets offended by such stuff. If you generalize and say I can only think with my dick because I'm a man, I couldn't help it but agree with you. Generalization shouldn't be so offensive when it's true.

Men: "that guy's an asshole, I like sports and videogames and hate the color pink"

Ladies: "I'm into poledancing and collect cute fluffy pillows and purses".

Yeah, we're not the same, but it's not as black and white is it? (especially for maynard) it's not offensive when it's true, it's just incorrect and ignores the fact we are first humans, all of us. We are more than what we are inclined to be like just cause this one's got a penis and that one a vagina, and oh look! this one is thinking about cutting his shit off.

Feels like I'm in a fuckin' Lana Del Rey music video.

Edited by Rovim

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Ha! I see what you did there.

And I think we all do realize that people first and foremost are individuals, and products of their genes, environments and experiences. 

It's more than the "specs", that's all I'm saying. If you do realize it, than you must accept maynard like I did. No matter what he chooses to have down there. Same person, different genitalia.

Edited by Rovim