I hate astrology

john lennon

55 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

And you can fuck off an all :lol:

Your from up north anyway. Don't try and tell me they don't diddle the livestock around your way. Course they bloody do. All them Dales and peat bogs are ripe for a bit of whippet fucking :lol: 

The whippets can run away cos they don't generally have their back legs tucked into the farmers wellies you 'orrible Taff degenerate! :lol:

sheep-shagger-5.jpg

Edited by Dazey

6 hours ago, Dazey said:

The whippets can run away cos they don't generally have their back legs tucked into the farmers wellies you 'orrible Taff degenerate! :lol:

Solid technique I must say. Well defined grimace on the farmers face, head cocked slightly displaying how much it means to him. Sheep's front legs skidded a good 18 inches shows she's putting the effort in aswell by backing into it.

I'd have liked a daffodil or a leek poking out of his arse to finish it off but you can't have everything :lol:

26 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Solid technique I must say. Well defined grimace on the farmers face, head cocked slightly displaying how much it means to him. Sheep's front legs skidded a good 18 inches shows she's putting the effort in aswell by backing into it.

I'd have liked a daffodil or a leek poking out of his arse to finish it off but you can't have everything :lol:

You're appraising this sheep-shag like Jim Watt on Sky Sports commentating the replays after a particularly devastating KO :lol:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

And you can fuck off an all :lol:

Your from up north anyway. Don't try and tell me they don't diddle the livestock around your way. Course they bloody do. All them Dales and peat bogs are ripe for a bit of whippet fucking :lol: 

LOL here at least we joke about the people from the redneck south of doing their sisters and such, not of outright beastiality :lol:

8 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

LOL here at least we joke about the people from the redneck south of doing their sisters and such, not of outright beastiality :lol:

If you'd seen the majority of sisters in Wales you'd appreciate the preference for livestock. :lol:

• Like 3

On 16/12/2016 at 9:45 PM, Jane M. said:

Dude...:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

So you're saying men and women are equals even if men don't go through the same hormonal period that either ends with a pregnancy or a failed one causing pain, stress and stuff men would probably shit their pants if they went through. Ok.

8 hours ago, maynard said:

So you're saying men and women are equals even if men don't go through the same hormonal period that either ends with a pregnancy or a failed one causing pain, stress and stuff men would probably shit their pants if they went through. Ok.

You know that equality as spoken of in the modern world is related to the rights of a human being and is not to denote that two sets of beings are absolute biological equivalents right? :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2016-12-16 at 5:33 PM, Chewbacca said:

Fine, but since the stars are not in the position astrologists say they are then you're not really using them for anything.

Okay. Richard Dawkins is an idiot about this. Don't know if you got it from him, or someone else, but, anyway. Back when Ptolemy was writing the Tetrabiblos and the Almagest, the sidereal and tropical zodiacs were pretty much aligned (and neither of them are 'true' star positions, you'd need a constellational zodiac for that - which we still haven't really figured out and agreed on, btw). But astrologers were aware of precession. That's usually credited to Hipparchus of Rhodes, and Ptolemy followed up on his work. We don't have evidence that Ptolemy himself was an astrologer, probably he wasn't, but he was an astrological reformer.

Anyway, he - and some other folks - found it more coherent to tie the zodiacal signs to the seasons than to a particular fixed star, which is how the tropical zodiac came to be used more in western astrology. In jyotish a sidereal zodiac is used, these days generally one based on the position of the fixed star Spica Virgo.

Uhh....not sure why I felt the need to explain that, but that's today's history lesson.

Personally, I find ancient and medieval astrology fascinating. Modern, not so much.

15 minutes ago, mishan said:

Okay. Richard Dawkins is an idiot about this. Don't know if you got it from him, or someone else, but, anyway. Back when Ptolemy was writing the Tetrabiblos and the Almagest, the sidereal and tropical zodiacs were pretty much aligned (and neither of them are 'true' star positions, you'd need a constellational zodiac for that - which we still haven't really figured out and agreed on, btw). But astrologers were aware of precession. That's usually credited to Hipparchus of Rhodes, and Ptolemy followed up on his work. We don't have evidence that Ptolemy himself was an astrologer, probably he wasn't, but he was an astrological reformer.

Anyway, he - and some other folks - found it more coherent to tie the zodiacal signs to the seasons than to a particular fixed star, which is how the tropical zodiac came to be used more in western astrology. In jyotish a sidereal zodiac is used, these days generally one based on the position of the fixed star Spica Virgo.

Uhh....not sure why I felt the need to explain that, but that's today's history lesson.

Personally, I find ancient and medieval astrology fascinating. Modern, not so much.

I have no idea what you just said, but I think I like it. 

Actually, I just did a quick search and a comparison chart between tropical and sidereal does show that my western sun sign (tropical if im understanding correctly which who knows) does indeed change to a different sign using the sidereal dates.  

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Astrology is bollocks. Absolute, complete and total bollocks. That is all. 

Dazey - the very first thing astrologers had to learn to predict was where the planets were going to be. Orbits. They did not accomplish this feat by means of psychic channelling, and I would not consider this, nor many of the other accomplishments of astrologers to be bollocks.

Astrology was the science of the day for about 1500 years. It explained how the world works - and did a pretty damned good job of it. If you think it did not have a profound effect on how western civilisation developed, you're wrong.

I have no problem with people not believing astrology is efficacious, hell, billions of people in the world do just fine without it, but astrology was studied and practised by some of the finest minds the world has known, and I hate seeing those guys trashed.

6 hours ago, mishan said:

Dazey - the very first thing astrologers had to learn to predict was where the planets were going to be. Orbits. They did not accomplish this feat by means of psychic channelling, and I would not consider this, nor many of the other accomplishments of astrologers to be bollocks.

Astrology was the science of the day for about 1500 years. It explained how the world works - and did a pretty damned good job of it. If you think it did not have a profound effect on how western civilisation developed, you're wrong.

I have no problem with people not believing astrology is efficacious, hell, billions of people in the world do just fine without it, but astrology was studied and practised by some of the finest minds the world has known, and I hate seeing those guys trashed.

It explained how the world worked? Really? Elaborate please. :lol:

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

… aaaaand another thing!!!!! :lol:

I'm presuming that the opposing argument is gonna begin along the lines of 'astrology took some of the first shots at explaining space and the planets and where they all were and what they were doing and laid the groundwork for science'.