Recommend me some new GnR reading

Putting my Xmas list together and wanted to see what you guys think I should request for my next Guns book? I've read Slash's bio, Duff's bio, Canters book and Watch You Bleed. What am I missing and what's the best whole career book or one with the latest info? Maybe Axl's dark years or the truth about what happened and not some bs take on what "they" thought happened. Thanks in advance!

Over the Top by Mark Putterford

Hard to find, likely out of print, published in 1993 or 1994 if i am not mistaken

really eye-opening book

it will definetely give you a lot of inisght and food for thought on why and how the best band ever self imploded

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Wasn't aware of this one! Surprised Axl let this one be published!

Craig is, apparently (who am I to say), a decent and hard-working man

Apparently (again, who am I to say), he was one of the many axl employees, a.k.a. axl´s yes-men, a.k.a. axl enablers

by "enabler" i mean he is one of the many people surrounding axl over the years that enabled axl to act like he did for so many years

much llike Doug Goldstein apparently did (again, who am I to say) for many many years

i have read some interviews with Craig by the time he released the book

and he was very clear that his book didnt have any sort of bad talk regarding axl

for what i understood, the book is very, very harmless

===

oh, and by the way, does Axl has the power to stop any book from being published?

doesnt axl and craig live in America, the free land and all?

Edited by ludurigan

Apart from the memoirs, the other books about the band consist from material (interviews, articles etc) that now can be found on the internet and they don't offer much more (and some are very badly written). But if someone wants a cohesive narrative as a basis, Mick Wall's new book "The last of the giants" is not bad; at least it's better written and more factually accurate compared to "Watch you bleed" (which has many inaccuracies, some of them blatant) and even has some bits of new information.

Edited by Blackstar

16 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

I enjoyed it.

good

its likely that you havent had the chance to read other books on GNR

you will likely enjoy the others a whole lot more

23 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Apart from the memoirs, the other books about the band consist from material (interviews, articles etc) that now can be found on the internet and they don't offer much more (and some are very badly written). 

thats bullshit. OVER THE TOP is a terrific book, very well written and you dont find its content online