are they still late?

forgive my lame question, but having not been to a GNR show since 2012, I dont know if they are still late or not

having booked to see them live in 2017, I do wonder - do they still start shows around midnite? 11:30 pm was the time I saw them start a show five times live.

vlcsnap_4383_09_26_08h07m25s607.png

They were mostly on time this year. They were a little late in a few nights, but it was not their fault. Crazy year.

There is funny video of the LA shows, the band was not late, but a lot of people were late thinking the band would be late. lol

Edited by Rickodez

7 minutes ago, EvanG said:

You seriously want to stand or sit there for 4 hours waiting for them? LAME

I mingle, I don't sit and wait. I enjoy the anticipation, talking to other Gn'R fans and getting my smoke on. I assure you, it's not LAME.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

On 17.12.2016. at 6:42 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Nope! Shows have started as early as 8 to sometimes around 10...normally they go on at 9:30! 

Nope!

The show usually starts around seven
They go on stage at nine
Get on the bus at eleven
Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

:D

last time i saw them in Zagreb in  2010. they were only  30 minutes late. But, the start time was scheduled for 11:00, so it was a long wait al together, but I had no problems waiting :)

In  2016: GNR being on time, no Axl Rose rants, no drugs in the band, they just come out and to the gig...  weird times indeed for RNR, and the most dangerous band in the world :D

Edited by MisterNo

The problem when Axl was late, is there were always people who somehow didn't expect it who got pissed off and those who had to leave after a few songs

When they did it at festivals, a lot of the crowd was then already against them before they started which killed the chances of a good crowd before they began

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

I mingle, I don't sit and wait. I enjoy the anticipation, talking to other Gn'R fans and getting my smoke on. I assure you, it's not LAME.

Well, good for you, but it's kinda lame. When I go see a band I don't want to wait 4 hours, that's just stupid. And needless to say it's very disrespectful. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Well, good for you, but it's kinda lame. When I go see a band I don't want to wait 4 hours, that's just stupid. And needless to say it's very disrespectful. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

I did say "but that's just me" so no need to get your panties in a twist. I realize it's not a popular opinion. Agree to fuckin' disagree yeah? good.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I did say "but that's just me" so no need to get your panties in a twist. I realize it's not a popular opinion. Agree to fuckin' disagree yeah? good.

Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion, I just expressed mine. If you really enjoy waiting 4 hours for a band to go on stage when you go to a show then by all means... I hope for your sake they let you guys wait for many hours.

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion, I just expressed mine. If you really enjoy waiting 4 hours for a band to go on stage when you go to a show then by all means... I hope for your sake they let you guys wait for many hours.

Look... I hope they go on time for you and for anyone else that doesn't like to wait or is unable to. I don't get many chances to experience Gn'R live and this is the ideal way for me to experience a show, any show, always was. You respect my opinion...yeah ok. My stupid opinion lol.

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Look... I hope they go on time for you and for anyone else that doesn't like to wait or is unable to. I don't get many chances to experience Gn'R live and this is the ideal way for me to experience a show, any show, always was. You respect my opinion...yeah ok. My stupid opinion lol.

I hear what you're saying, maybe just go to the show hours in advance to get as much out of it as you can because chances are they will probably be on time. 

Personally I love it when Guns come on late.  In Vegas on 8 April they didn't come on until midnight - fantastic!  :headbang:  Yes, I was knackered the next day, but the excitement of the whole build-up on the night was totally worth it - this is how they used to be - this is one of the things that made GNR so bad-ass!  I loved it then and I love it now.  I don't want them to be mainstream, I want them to be bad boys!

• Like 1