2016 Clips

I have 6-7 pieces of music in the various stages of being demos at the moment; 2016 has been a pretty slow year for me when I compare it to last year as far as getting tracks out goes, but this is more to do with wanting to get stuff out as a finished mix, instead of using the crutch of calling it a demo so I can worry about finishing it another time.

I spoke about putting a few clips together into one mp3 a few weeks ago and as I sat there cutting sections out of various tracks, I thought I would have a go at giving it a bit of a theme. The premise is that you are listening in to someone flicking through the radio as they drive; there is fuck-all on, apart from tracks playing in the "Whitespaces" between the radio stations, they only stay dialed in for a minute or so before they fade out and the search starts again. I had some fun making this and hope you enjoy it, you'll be seeing the finished versions of these clips and more in the new year; I plan on putting out a couple of covers I have wanted to do for a long time as well. 

When you get to the end of the track, there is a space waiting for you at the bar of the Overlook Hotel.....

• Like 2

They all sound real great!!

Most of them remind me of Snakepit kinda tunes, which is good. 

The only thing I would change is I would isolate more your great vocals instead of harmonizing most of the time with that lower octave you have going on most of the time, which sounds great but should be placed wisely to emphasize certain key parts of the song.

Looking forward to 2017!

Thanks @Klay! Great feedback, I do get carried away with vocal layers, classic lead singer ego I think. I will be keeping this in mind when I work on them in the new year.

Did you hear my first finished (non-demo) track? It is called High Hopes:

https://soundcloud.com/sound-of-a-gun/high-hopes-1

• Like 1

On 18/12/2016 at 10:02 PM, SoundOfAGun said:

Thanks @Klay! Great feedback, I do get carried away with vocal layers, classic lead singer ego I think. I will be keeping this in mind when I work on them in the new year.

Did you hear my first finished (non-demo) track? It is called High Hopes:

https://soundcloud.com/sound-of-a-gun/high-hopes-1

Sounds fantastic, congrats!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...