Those who were at GA/pits, how early did you line up?

Next year in Paris will be my first GN'R show, because Im from the Philippines and never had the chance to see them. So just wanna know how early you guys line up. 

When Aerosmith and Slash/Conspirators were here, I went to the venue around noon and was front and center. So wanna know how it is for concerts in the West where there are more fans.

Thanks!

What ever happens its NOT going to get as crazy as for The Boss & ESBOver the summer roll calls for the pit like 2 days before if im right Goth #1 they was camping out 2 days before show time.............

Edited by Gavin82

Though I appreciate the confidence others remembers have in my queuing abilities, I'll admit I can't be the best source in terms of lining up abroad.

It all depends on where you want to be on the rail. You could line up less than an hour before the doors open and probably still make the rail somewhere, but if you're like me and you want to make sure you get the spot you want in your head, the best way to do it is line up as early as you can :lol:

I always want front-row-center, but with this tour the way stage is shaped, how tall the risers are, plus the speakers and Nightrain horns right in the center, I've opted for the front corners as the "ideal" spots for me, or just to the left or right of the center risers. So, I usually line up sometime between 9-10 AM. No matter where you want, chances are that will always get you the spot you want because you'll likely be within the first 10 people in line :lol:

Each city is different though. @Tyler Drama and I lined up just around 9:30 for Washington, DC and we were 3rd and 4th in line, and the line probably didn't pass 30 people until around 2pm or so, if that. But by noon in Pittsburgh, the line was already passed 50 people, which to me, was surprising.

So, it's always hard to say when to line up. Like I said, I can't say how people in Paris will line up, but if you've got nothing else to do all day, and you're willing, line up real early and get the spot you want. Chances are you won't be the only one and you can make some good friends lining up all day. :)

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Next year in Paris will be my first GN'R show, because Im from the Philippines and never had the chance to see them. So just wanna know how early you guys line up. 

When Aerosmith and Slash/Conspirators were here, I went to the venue around noon and was front and center. So wanna know how it is for concerts in the West where there are more fans.

Thanks!

People in Europe queue pretty early in my experience.  The pits will probably be pretty big as well compared to the US I think too.

Even for some pretty small bands, when I used to get the bus past a popular but fairly small (2k cap) venue in my city, there would usually be anywhere 10-2- and sometimes 100+ people out there at 9am!

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

I always want front-row-center, but with this tour the way stage is shaped, how tall the risers are, plus the speakers and Nightrain horns right in the center, I've opted for the front corners as the "ideal" spots for me, or just to the left or right of the center risers.

This. Right. Here. ALL DAY!

Walked right in to the pit in Toronto around 5:30/6.

Rails were taken and Slash's side was semi-full. Duff's side empty. Ended up standing right behind guy (towered over him) at rail near center left. You can see everything from that view (center left/right) Awesome view as seen below. Definitely recommend it.

I was at the Nashville show and got at the end of the middle part of the stage. Everyone came there during the show. I got there about an hour before doors opened. I could have been an asshole and been right at the railing but knew I had a great spot and wasn't going to spend all night trying to move up. Let a few older women that were shorter than me get the rail, I took my profile pic from my spot. That should show you that you don't have to be pressed up against a rail.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I was at the Nashville show and got at the end of the middle part of the stage. Everyone came there during the show. I got there about an hour before doors opened. I could have been an asshole and been right at the railing but knew I had a great spot and wasn't going to spend all night trying to move up. Let a few older women that were shorter than me get the rail, I took my profile pic from my spot. That should show you that you don't have to be pressed up against a rail.

I hope you're coming to London...I'm one of those older women who are shorter than you and who would love to get the rail...:headbang:  :lol:

• Like 2

Can't speak for GNR but normally I line up 1,5 hr before the doors open and always get a good spot. Maybe not front row but 2nd.

I've met a lot of people (standing beside me) that lined up at noon or 3 pm. And they didn't get further than me. So I guess there's a lot of luck involved or maybe people are just nice because I'm really short :P

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

For those that have been in the pits, once you have your spot, what happens when you need to go to the bathroom or want to get something to eat or drink?  Do people respect your show companion holding your spot for you?

Lols Nooooo waaaaay if your deep in the crowd & leave it could be tricky getting back.

No 1s going to jus mind your spot unless there is a good crowd of you

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Lols Nooooo waaaaay if your deep in the crowd & leave it could be tricky getting back.

No 1s going to jus mind your spot unless there is a good crowd of you

This isn't true in the states, people will mind your spot for you as long as you aren't coming and going constantly.  

4 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

For those that have been in the pits, once you have your spot, what happens when you need to go to the bathroom or want to get something to eat or drink?  Do people respect your show companion holding your spot for you?

It depends on where you're standing. Usually if you are in the front row and need to go to the toilet, it's not a problem to ask the person next to you, to save "your" (well, actually, it's not your spot, just the one you occupy) spot. Did that several times and never had a problem coming back and reclaiming the spot. Of course, it's not 100% guaranteed that your spot will still be there, so I'd suggest to only do that as a last resort and really make a beeline to the toilet (or wherever you Need to go) and go back to your spot straight after. It all depends on the people really, but standing there for a while you can kinda gauge what kind of people are surrounding you. It kinda helps to make conversation with them beforehand, the less likely they are to take "your" spot. When you're not in the front row, it shouldn't matter anyway, as people are not standing that close to not get back to your spot and if you tell people that you will be back, it shouldn't be a problem. And if you got a friend there, it should even be less of a problem.