NEW IZZY STRADLIN RECORDING - "CALL ME THE BREEZE" (JJ CALE COVER with special guests Lauren Barth and Jesse Aycock)

ludurigan

3 hours ago, ludurigan said:

fuck yeah  :headbang:

the coolest thing about this recording -- other than the fact that it sounds great -- is that izzy is recording with other people!

I REALLY LIKE THAT!

my complaint is that the guitar seems to be way low in the mix. voice and drumming are very UP and guitars seem to be too low!

also its clearly CUT at the end hahahaha

from the youtube video (this looks like a chinese democracy player list!)

J.J. Cale song covered by Izzy Stradlin featuring special guest appearances by Lauren Barth/vocals and Jesse Aycock/guitars .
Recorded late Summer of 2016 at Brotheryn Studios in Ojai, California and Fellowship Hall Sound in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Vocals-Izzy Stradlin, Lauren Barth, Jesse Aycock .
Guitars-Izzy, Rick Richards, Jesse Aycock .
Drums and percussion-J.T., Izzy, Tazz and Andrew "Bones"
Additional Guitars- Jesse Aycock on Lap Steel, Pedal Steel and Magnatone. 
Bass-Jason Weinheim .
Keyboards-Damian Fox
Engineers- J.T. Longoria and Jason Weinheimer .
Mix-Izzy, Jason Weinheimer .
Mastering- Gary Long at Nomad Studios in Dallas, Texas
Cover art photo- Val
Licensed by Royalty Solutions thru Johnny Bienstock Music, LLC .

never heard of these guys!

very cool ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Majestic Beast said:

A cover called new song now? How uninspired could izzy be to do that.<_<

I was just gonna say something similar. Some people rant n rave about GnR playing the Seeker, but when Izzy lays out this cover (which sucks imo, but it's subjective so whatever), it's creative?

If you listen closely, you can hear a Tarzan-like yell as people swing from Izzy's nuts. His last song I thought was really cool, but this one blows.

I'm not sure if some of you are hating because GNR is on a break therefore you are bored as fuck or if you are just plain dumb. 

The description on that youtube clip as well as on Izzy's tweets clearly says is a cover, not a new song. :facepalm:

28 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

If you listen closely, you can hear a Tarzan-like yell as people swing from Izzy's nuts. 

LMAO:rofl-lol:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Majestic Beast said:

And how many fans or people gave that 3 new songs even a listen,not see much care anymore,izzy decided himself to act isolated and have a lonely direction.

Izzy left GnR on its peak do you think he gives a fuck about how many people listen to his songs? I'd say he's pretty happy with what he does the way he does it and that's what matters at the end of the day. But anyways, the amount of people listening to Izzy's songs is not relevant to the actual fact that there has not been a new GnR song since 2008 and people are bothered because someone called a cover "a new song". Big deal.

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I was just gonna say something similar. Some people rant n rave about GnR playing the Seeker, but when Izzy lays out this cover (which sucks imo, but it's subjective so whatever), it's creative?

If you listen closely, you can hear a Tarzan-like yell as people swing from Izzy's nuts. His last song I thought was really cool, but this one blows.

They bitch about the Seeker because Guns play it EVERY night and most people do not even like the song.  I personally kind of like their version of it but they don't need to play it every night when they have so many better choices on their ALT list. Either way that is apples to oranges comparing that to Izzy releasing a cover song. 

Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

This was pretty exciting for me. Jesse is a musical acquaintance of mine and this was quite a surprise. I say musical acquaintance because everybody plays with everybody here (Tulsa) and Jesse and I have crossed paths several times. He's been with the Hard Working Americans lately and I was proud of him for being involved with something on a bigger scale; where his talent could be recognized a little more. Now playing with Izzy...wow. Really happy for him.

As far as the feel, it's a very accurate "Tulsa sound". I noticed Bones is credited with drums or percussion which is really cool for him as well. He's one of my favorite guys around town. Tremendous player, gracious, plays with everybody, etc. 

Im just proud of both of them and happy that they had this opportunity. Aaaaaaand kinda jealous. If Izzy was looking for a sincere way to do a J.J. Cale song, he couldn't have picked better players. Not to leave out Lauren either. Her vocals are a great fit as always.

Jesse said it was a surprise to him as well. He didn't get in to how it all went down but the next time I see him I'm going to see what the story is.

Anyway, this is all very cool to me.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Jephro Rucastle said:

This was pretty exciting for me. Jesse is a musical acquaintance of mine and this was quite a surprise. I say musical acquaintance because everybody plays with everybody here (Tulsa) and Jesse and I have crossed paths several times. He's been with the Hard Working Americans lately and I was proud of him for being involved with something on a bigger scale; where his talent could be recognized a little more. Now playing with Izzy...wow. Really happy for him.

As far as the feel, it's a very accurate "Tulsa sound". I noticed Bones is credited with drums or percussion which is really cool for him as well. He's one of my favorite guys around town. Tremendous player, gracious, plays with everybody, etc. 

Im just proud of both of them and happy that they had this opportunity. Aaaaaaand kinda jealous. If Izzy was looking for a sincere way to do a J.J. Cale song, he couldn't have picked better players. Not to leave out Lauren either. Her vocals are a great fit as always.

Jesse said it was a surprise to him as well. He didn't get in to how it all went down but the next time I see him I'm going to see what the story is.

Tell them we all said congrats! :) loved what they brought to the song.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jephro Rucastle said:

hey thats terrific to know you got a connection with these guys

now you have a mission man... you have to make these guys give you the complete recording of the rehearsals/jams that they certainly did in studio!