Izzy's legal name

5 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

As long as I have been fan I can't recall hearing that Izzy legally had his name changed to Izzy Stradlin' but the UYI cd booklets give him writing credits under Stradlin' while Slash is listed as Hudson. Does anyone here know if Izzy legally changed him name like Axl? Pointless question, but I'm curious.

Yep, real name is Jeffrey Dean Isbell. 

Edited by tsinindy

55 minutes ago, wasted said:

Yeah DNB is Stradlin McKagan Slash

Maybe Slash just doesn't have a second name legally as a band writer. Or are they stage names?

i think slash is just a stage name and izzy actually changed his.. slash doesn't seem like he'd go and change his birth name because everyone calls him it lol, but uses it all the time because its more recognizable and cool sounding for fans

• Like 1

In my UYI booklet Slash is credited as Slash. I don't think Izzy's ever changed his name legally in Izzy Stradlin so I think they choosed the writing credit's name on their own. Izzy choosed Stradlin, Slash choosed Slash, Axl choosed Rose. It's their album and their booklet so they could have done what they wanted, right?

Slash is credited as Hudson since his self named Album was released.

• Like 1

I read in one of the books, maybe duffs? That slashes original check from geffen when they signed was made out to "stash" by mistake, meaning if they originally intended to make it out to slash, wouldn't that mean his name has been legally changed to slash? Not sure how checks work in the U.S but over here, a cheque can only be written out to your legal name or business.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, megaguns1982 said:

I read in one of the books, maybe duffs? That slashes original check from geffen when they signed was made out to "stash" by mistake, meaning if they originally intended to make it out to slash, wouldn't that mean his name has been legally changed to slash? Not sure how checks work in the U.S but over here, a cheque can only be written out to your legal name or business.

I'll put this in the "don't believe everything you read" category.

17 hours ago, Free Bird said:

In my UYI booklet Slash is credited as Slash. I don't think Izzy's ever changed his name legally in Izzy Stradlin so I think they choosed the writing credit's name on their own. Izzy choosed Stradlin, Slash choosed Slash, Axl choosed Rose. It's their album and their booklet so they could have done what they wanted, right?

Slash is credited as Hudson since his self named Album was released.

I was mistaken. I know I have seen his writing credits listed as Hudson before. 

15 hours ago, whatashame said:

yeah, why "  Stradlin' " and not  " Stradlin " ?

what's up with the " ' " ?

Technically speaking, the single " ' " would replace a letter that has been removed. If I said runnin' as opposed to running, or walkin' as opposed to walking, or stradlin' as opposed to stradling.

I guess a true grammar nazi could argue that the band name should be Guns 'n' Roses. :lol:

• Like 2

Slash's legal name is still Saul Hudson. He mentioned being glad that he didnt change his name not too long ago, because cops and so on don't realize who he is when they ask him for ID and see "Saul Hudson" on there.

Izzy's and Duff's legal names Jeffrey Dean Isbell and Michael Andrew McKagan. They never changed their names either.

The only one who legally changed his name is Axl. It says W. Axl Rose in his passport.

• Like 1

Izzy obviously wants to keep a level of anonymity. A lot of people make publishing deals through law firms or a representative and those signed documents are in those files. He'd have to be a homeowner or registered voter to know what name he uses as a private citizen, and a home can be "owned" under a business name. If he has his own recording studio for commercial use or there actually is an avocado farm, that's probably public record. Anyone who makes significant changes to their home has to make it publicly known.

On 24.12.2016 at 3:02 PM, James Bond said:

Technically speaking, the single " ' " would replace a letter that has been removed. If I said runnin' as opposed to running, or walkin' as opposed to walking, or stradlin' as opposed to stradling.

I guess a true grammar nazi could argue that the band name should be Guns 'n' Roses. :lol:

yea i know that , but what does it mean? what does ''stradling'' mean then?

as in "to straddle"

a. To stand or sit with a leg on each side of; bestride: straddle a horse.
b. To be on both sides of; extend over or across: a car straddling the centerline.

Izzy the middle man between Axl n Slash?

30 minutes ago, whatashame said:

yea i know that , but what does it mean? what does ''stradling'' mean then?

as in "to straddle"

a. To stand or sit with a leg on each side of; bestride: straddle a horse.
b. To be on both sides of; extend over or across: a car straddling the centerline.

Izzy the middle man between Axl n Slash?

it's a slang term for a sexual position where the woman "straddles" the man her on top legs spread like straddling a horse...or a man straddles the woman, legs apart, him on top. that's my best guess :shrugs:

• Like 2