Your Favourite 2016 GNR Moment

The Troubadour thing was a crazy trip, very surreal.  The thing we all dreamed of becoming a reality, it was very exciting and the way they did it was really cool.

For my personal highlight of the year it was seeing Steven Adler perform with GNR at the Dodger Stadium 2 gig, seeing 4/5 of the band that made Appetite is a concert highlight of my entire life.  Although in general is was just soo fucking awesome seeing GNR live at both shows I saw, just the fact that Slash and Duff were rocking out with Axl again was something I never thought I would ever get to experience so it really has been a dream come true.

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

I have several highlights. I guess seeing Adler on stage with GN'R is the L.A. is the most importat one for me. The fact that they made peace with him and they welcome him again after all these years and after everything that went on it was great. The reunion itself is still hard to believe that it is happening. Angus joining them at Coachella. AXL/DC show in London, not only the show was amazing but Slash and Duff attended that show. Coma and DTJ back in the set list. Having Axl back in a way. Because he fixed his voice problems. Now he is singing the way he should sing. Slash playing better than ever

The Troubadour and the AXL/DC adventure. It's not even close. Everything else pales in comparison.

Axl sang AC/DC tunes with such excellence, it was truly mindblowing. I couldn't believe my fuckin' ears. The Troubadour was Gn'R's return with Slash and Duff and they could have fucked it up, but it was done exceptionally well.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

Troubadour. The Vegas shows had a special feel too. Just the boys making amends and playing together again is really good enough for me. Good stuff.

And Axl pulling double duty and kicking major ass with AC/DC. 

• Like 2

What an awesome topic!

My first favorite moment is a 2-way tie from the day of the second Vegas show. As soon as I picked up my rental car, I picked up a forum member who I'd never met and we got along instantly. Then literally EVERY.WHERE.WE.LOOKED we saw GN'R fans and they were excited as hell. I threw a pre-party in my room at Bally's and at one point we had up to 20 people in the room with 4 continents represented. It hit my right in the face with exactly how big this band and forum are. The second moment from that day that ties for first is when the heartbeat hit for Coma. Chills. Fucking chills.

6 hours ago, downzy said:

My second favourite moment is split between the two pre-parties I attended.  The first was @RussTCB's amazing and generous party in Detroit while the second was hosting the MYGNRFORUM pre-party with @gunsguy here in Toronto and getting a chance to meet many longtime forum members.  It was a good time and I'm glad we finally got a chance to do that.  Hopefully we can organize something similar in 2017. 

5 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Seeing the opening night of the proper tour in Detroit was great. @RussTCB threw a killer pre-party at his house - he's a great host and it's always a lot of fun to hang out and spin records!

It's very nice of you guys to include this in your favorite moments! I'd say the party was my second favorite moment of the year because so many forum members took a leap of faith in coming to my house to hang with a bunch of people they'd never met in real life before. In today's day & age, that can be a sketchy proposition LOL. Everyone that showed up was there to have a great time and everyone got along great, so it made for an awesome time. So many cool moments all day. From starting the drinking around 9am with @Powerage5 , to @ZoSoRose freaking out ALL DAY about getting to meet @downzy to @KURT19 making the "Izzy Heads" for everyone. So cool. 

Third favorite moment was being in the pit for Chicago 2. I'm not a big pit guy, but having seen the tour twice already from the stands was totally different than having Axl, Slash, Duff & 4tus directly in my face all night. I try not to throw this word around a lot, but it was truly amazing.

• Like 2

Three favourite moments:

1) The Troubadour and all the excitement and anticipation here on the forum

2) Vegas 1 because we still didn't really know what the setlist would be and if Axl could pull it off; and when they sounded so killer we all went nuts.

3) "The Piano Incident" -- watching Axl trying to sing through his laughter at that out of tune possessed piano just makes me smile.

ok 4 moments - preparty Toronto of course :)

• Like 1

For sure my favorite moments were doing the preshow in Toronto with @downzy I brought my son to that show (14yrs old) and wanted him to have a good time that night.  He was not thrilled about going to a bar with my friends but we went anyway.  He first said Dad you guys are a bunch of GNR nerds then I said we can leave anytime he said no, it's fun!!!  OK THEN!  What a night though, meeting so many fans at the bar and the look on my son's face when this band hit the stage was priceless like myself looking at me way back when I first saw them, amazing night all around! I don't want to tag everyone I met that night because I don't want to leave anyone out but everyone was super cool and we enjoyed some great conversations at the bar.

Also hanging with @Powerage5 while @Black Sabbath was "backstage" at Black Sabbath doing god knows what lol was awesome, after meeting a few staff members as well, discussing all our party passes, got to show him around a bit.  It is always a good time seeing Powerage5 no matter what we do.

Detroit was also killer, first show of the stadium tour although I was very stretched for time... My son graduated that day so after that was over I hightailed it to Detroit, a 3+ hour drive.  Get to the border and the guy takes my passports and asks where I am going... I said to see a concert, he asked which one?  I said GN'R... the border agent "when does that start?"  I said right now! he passed me the passports right back and said you better get going :)  First time driving in Detroit, I had a prepaid pass for parking however the cops had blocked all the streets close to the venue and because I was already running late I decided my Ontario plates would permit me to bypass those blocks by way of the sidewalk, worked a charm!  Got into the venue while It's so Easy was playing and rolled up to the 7th row, epic show and so cool to see them together again!

Killer year for sure, still pissed I missed AXL/DC :(

If I met you in Detroit or Toronto tag me!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

3) "The Piano Incident" -- watching Axl trying to sing through his laughter at that out of tune possessed piano just makes me smile.

Since I didn't get to see them live, this was one of my favorites, I was laughing with him when I watched this. So great to see him happy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Since I didn't get to see them live, this was one of my favorites, I was laughing with him when I watched this. So great to see him happy.

Yeah....I rewatched that clip of it hundreds of times! What a funny unexpected moment that Axl handled well bar none! :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, action said:

for me, the moment that started it all.

to see tower records being transformed in a GNR temple, staying up all night to figure out what would go on there. then watching it all live on periscope (first time i ever heard of persicope) and being blown away by the surprise troubadour show.

that day ranks very, very high on my all time list of most awesome moments in my life

Yeah.. totally!
First time in my life that I knew things right then before it really happened and I was so f***ing pissed that I live in Europe!
Everything that came with it was so exciting and I'm really looking forward to 2017 topping that.

Oh... right:
That Izzy signing up on Twitter and we all thinking it was just José (the mexican hacker) was hilarious. :lol:

• Like 1

it was an amazing year for GNR and as a result an amazing year for me too!!

as just recently blessed w/ 2 small children getting a little older (youngest was just over 1 year old) I had the chance to go to these shows...and pamper myself. So for me it was a re-birth if you will...dressing up, going out w/ friends/husband

some pinical moments

1) making out during NR with my hubby in LV...my 12 year old self was in shock! who would've thought?!? 

2) last minute road trip w/ a gf to Detroit to see GNR and managing to get onto the floor (eventho' only purchased bowl tix)...and no we weren't killed and eaten...altho' I did get in a verbal argument w/ a pimp lol

3) Toronto show w/ my hot gfs + sister and dancing all night long

4) going to Buffalo to witness Axl/DC and taken to another dimension while Angus did his thang

I'm so pumped for August!! 

*Purchasing Guns n Roses (the real deal, not Nu) tickets for the 1st time since 1993.

* Vegas...night 1 (although night 2 kicked ass too). Night 1 sent chills throughout me. 

*Estranged live again\

*Reading the RS review of the 1st Vegas show.  Something like "Guns n Roses roar back with epic Las Vegas show"....