Performers at Trump Inaguration Ball

Dan H.

1 hour ago, toroymoi said:

I gain joy simply because of the fact that I know it's killing him inside that celebrities don't like him. Actual popular/respected celebrities that is.

Really? Almost everyone I know are sick and tired of the celebs and their holier than thou opinions. Having them on her side really did Clinton a lot of good. They're almost as sickening as Trump tbh.

24 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Really? Almost everyone I know are sick and tired of the celebs and their holier than thou opinions. Having them on her side really did Clinton a lot of good. They're almost as sickening as Trump tbh.

Whether or not members of the public care for celebs is whatever. Trump definitely does though, that's why he starts whining on Twitter every time a high-profile one voices their dislike of him. He really wants their validation, it's sad.

I don't see celebs voicing opinions as being holier-than-thou, they're people voicing what they think/feel as anyone else does... it's just that more people are paying attention. Doesn't mean they shouldn't speak up.

I agree it's sad.

But I didnt say they're holier than thou just because they voice their opinions, everyone has that right, but sometimes its not what you say but how you come across. And most of them come across as, my opinion is better than yours because I'm special. Snobby is a good description.

Edited by J Dog

4 hours ago, J Dog said:

that's exactly what i said and i am glad to see my wisdom is shared ;)

Donald Trump's Inaugural Committee is having trouble booking singers for the Inaugural, and TMZ has learned one of the big problems is that record labels are putting the squeeze on their artists.

Sources connected with Inauguration preparations tell TMZ ... some performers have either agreed or tentatively agreed to sing at various inaugural balls but in some cases their record labels put their corporate foot down and said "no way."

There's a second reason why some stars appear to have been headed to D.C. but then pulled the plug. Our sources say they are convinced some of the singers wanted to perform but felt they needed to float a trial balloon to judge public reaction. When they got blow back, they ran for the hills. 

One source laughed it off, saying it's not exactly artists following their "vision." 

As we reported, Jennifer Holliday is the latest to bail. On Friday her people said she was considering the offer to perform but today she bailed saying it would upset the LGBT community. 

Whatever the reason, it still speaks volumes that anyone with a semblance of a career left ahead of them, or the record companies, wouldn't touch this thing with a ten foot pole.

How on the fuck have they not booked Sweaty Teddy to close down the festivities with a star spangled, pyro & fireworks rendition of Wang Dang Sweet Poontang. It would work on so many levels.

10 hours ago, toroymoi said:

Whether or not members of the public care for celebs is whatever. Trump definitely does though, that's why he starts whining on Twitter every time a high-profile one voices their dislike of him. He really wants their validation, it's sad.

I don't see celebs voicing opinions as being holier-than-thou, they're people voicing what they think/feel as anyone else does... it's just that more people are paying attention. Doesn't mean they shouldn't speak up.

No but it does mean that it'd be nice to see some follow through instead of a bunch of hollow placatory bullshit before they go back to their ivory towers for champagne cocktails, otherwise they're just chatting breeze.  

Like Kanye, someone that loved spouting off about political shit...but thats all he ever did, spout off.  People like Lennon, Jane Fonda, Marlon Brando, even conservatives like Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda, they had something behind their shit other than just 'speaking out', no ones saying they shouldn't and no ones saying its without a modicum of value...but when you have a few 100 folks and all they are doing is speaking out well then it is what it is and as valuable as you and me posting on the internet about shit.

15 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Opera star Andrea Bocelli backed out of singing at Donald Trump's inauguration after receiving death threats, The Mail on Sunday has learnt.

'Andrea is very sad to be missing the chance to sing at such a huge global event but he has been advised it is simply not worth the risk.' 

He sure as fuck didn't receive any death threats from America, because we don't know who the fuck he is.

10 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

He sure as fuck didn't receive any death threats from America, because we don't know who the fuck he is.

You don't know who's Andrea Bocellli? :D 

1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I don't know, if people are being "blacklisted" and receiving death threats for showing support for Trump, no matter what you think of him, that is very wrong and very scary. 

Indeed. Hate runs deep in America.

4 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

You don't know who's Andrea Bocellli? :D 

Indeed. Hate runs deep in America.

No- I damn sure don't. And I don't think Trump Nation would either. :lol: 

As far as American death threats go, easy for me to say, but people like MLK, Hank Aaron and Barak Obama might have gotten the real deal, but let's not even consider this Andrea Bocelli thing to be anything but his delusion of grandeur.

8 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

As far as American death threats go, easy for me to say, but people like MLK, Hank Aaron and Barak Obama might have gotten the real deal, but let's not even consider this Andrea Bocelli thing to be anything but his delusion of grandeur.

Way to go America. Death threats!

29 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I LOL'd. That's nice man. I wouldn't look more than a week ahead though... :lol:

That's what they said when Trump announced he was running. That's what they said when he won the Republican nomination. That's what they said after each debate and scandal. That's what they said after the election. That's what they said after "Russian hackers".