Performers at Trump Inaguration Ball

Dan H.

36 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

That's what they said when Trump announced he was running. That's what they said when he won the Republican nomination. That's what they said after each debate and scandal. That's what they said after the election. That's what they said after "Russian hackers". 

So you are saying you are 100% a Trump man. Duly noted.

The obvious 'Trump Acts' are Kiss (i.e. Gene Simmons) and Ted Nugent who cast themselves as similarly straight talking 'all American' uber-capitalistic knuckleheads as Trump does. If Gene is not doing it is solely because he fears Kiss's sales in Democratic strongholds and Europe will be damaged by association (the one thing to understand when assessing Gene Simmons' character is, everything revolves around money).

On 15/01/2017 at 0:02 AM, Len Cnut said:

No but it does mean that it'd be nice to see some follow through instead of a bunch of hollow placatory bullshit before they go back to their ivory towers for champagne cocktails, otherwise they're just chatting breeze.  

Like Kanye, someone that loved spouting off about political shit...but thats all he ever did, spout off.  People like Lennon, Jane Fonda, Marlon Brando, even conservatives like Jimmy Stewart and Henry Fonda, they had something behind their shit other than just 'speaking out', no ones saying they shouldn't and no ones saying its without a modicum of value...but when you have a few 100 folks and all they are doing is speaking out well then it is what it is and as valuable as you and me posting on the internet about shit.

I mean, that's what most people do when they voice their political opinions? The fact is that celebs do have influence, and when they discuss or mention something then it causes others (fans or not) to look into said thing. That's why so many charitable causes welcome celebrity endorsement because obviously, people care.

Jane Fonda's the only one on that list that I respect in-and-out as a person, but in regards to her activism, she lived in a different time. The way celebrities communicate and spread messages has changed a lot, as has the way we receive information and first-hand experiences of those who suffer. The value is in them speaking out at all, when they so easily could not say anything (as many choose not to).

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:26 AM, Fitha_whiskey said:

I'm gonna be really disappointed if these super talented little stars of the Trump Youth don't get a prime slot...

I especially like the bit about "crushing" people/peoples.

I wonder if this was written by Jimmy "Mouth Of The South" Hart?

GNR?

Donald Trump shut down negotiations to get a huge rock band at one of his Inaugural balls ... in order to cut costs and potentially save tens of millions for charity.

Inauguration sources tell us the Committee was close to landing a legendary group -- one that's in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame -- but when the President-elect found out they wanted more than $1 million for the gig he pulled the plug. We're told Trump implored the rockers to reduce their appearance fee -- but when they refused he told the Inaugural Committee to move on to other artists.

Mind you, there's plenty of dough. The Committee's reportedly received more than $90 million in donations, but we're told Trump instructed all involved to keep expenses in the low millions because whatever is left over is going to charity.

As we reported ... the Liberty Ball and Freedom Ball will now feature soul legend Sam Moore, as well as Grammy nominee Travis Greene. While organizers are tight-lipped aboutnaming all the acts, our sources say you can expect an eclectic lineup -- ranging from dance to country to gospel -- and everyone's doing it for free or a greatly reduced rate.

We're told planners had only 2 directives: make it diverse and do it on the cheap.

If i was some band (eh? :lol: )  I'd accept the invitation to go and fuck up the inauguration.  'And for our first number...No God by The Germs!' :lol:  Followed by a revised version of that good old fashioned family sing-a-long number by MDC called John Wayne Was a Nazi retitled Donald Trump is a Nazi'.  Liar by The Sex Pistols would be a fitting one too...and to close I Don't Care About You by Fear.

1 hour ago, DR DOOM said:

Man, I've always detested the RATM "guerrilla" schtick.

Sony records presents...

Yes Morello and Commerford are a bunch of hacks. Also the fact Chris Cornell agreed to reunite Audioslave for this to really cash in.

Edited by Silent Jay

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

Yes Morello and Commerford are a bunch of hacks. Also the fact Chris Cornell agreed to reunite Audioslave for this to really cash in.

It's one time thing if I understood correctly and tickets for this are 25$ and venue capacity is 600. They are going to make so much money out of this

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

If i was some band (eh? :lol: )  I'd accept the invitation to go and fuck up the inauguration.  'And for our first number...No God by The Germs!' :lol:  Followed by a revised version of that good old fashioned family sing-a-long number by MDC called John Wayne Was a Nazi retitled Donald Trump is a Nazi'.  Liar by The Sex Pistols would be a fitting one too...and to close I Don't Care About You by Fear.

4 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Lost in translation with a whole fucking nation
They say I was the abomination of Obama’s nation
Well that’s a pretty bad way to start the conversation

Perfect song for the occasion. Kanye can even perform in his skirt again. This would show Trump's support for not only the black man, but the lgbt community as well. Two birds with one stone type of thing.

• Like 1