Lazuli

Zurimor

Just a great band and very unique, not least because of the "Leode", a worldwide unique intrument (they made it themselves, it's kinda a chapman stick with a synthesizer connected to it) and their lineup including such strange instruments like french horn and marimba.

I love them and think more people should get to know this band, that's why I post it here. :)

Edited by Zurimor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

To not just spam in this thread, I'll now tell the story how I got to know this band.

Back in the 80s, there was that progressive rock band named Marillion, they were outstanding at that time, great albums, every single one a masterpiece, Script for a Jester's Tear, Fugazi, Misplaced Childhood,  Clutching at Straws and even Season's End. Some of my all-time favourite songs are on them.

Unfortunately, I never got to see them live with Fish, the first tour I saw was the Season's End one right after Fish left the band. During all those years, it always was on my list to see Fish live, one of the greatest lyricists alive imo. Well, 2016 there happened to be the 25th anniversary of Misplaced Childhood, I really love that album. After I saw he'll perform it at Night of the Progs it was clear I'll finally go and see him. Now I have the habit to listen to some songs of other bands performing at the same festival or even to listen to songs of support bands (which occasionally lead to me looking more forward to a support band than the band for which I bought the ticket ^^).

Of course, I did the same with all the bands performing at NOTP and when I listened to some of Lazuli's songs, they pretty soon got me, I love their unique style, it's a band that doesn't sound like any other and that's already pretty rare nowadays. Claude's very remarkable voice and the sound of the Léode which I loved immediately are also a big part of my passion for that band. And, last not least and maybe most importantly, their delight in playing on stage, everyone of of them having a big smile on  their face and having and sharing so much fun, they're probably one of the most energetic live acts around. Their performance at NOTP was really gorgeous, I enjoyed Fish playing the complete Misplaced Childhood album, but Lazuli were my band of the festival (not the first time stuff like that happens to me, not sure whether that's good or bad... :D)

So once again, I really recommend to listen to some of their music and if your French isn't good or not existent (like mine ^^), there are fortunately things like babelfish and alike to translate the lyrics, I did that with some and appreciate their work now even more. However, their music alone already tells a lot of stories. :)

Edited by Zurimor

• 4 months later...

Upcoming tour dates:

- 19. 12. 2017 support FISH tour / Cambridge Corn Exchange / Cambridge (UNITED KINGDOM)

- 17. 12. 2017 support FISH tour / Islington Assembly Hall / London (UNITED KINGDOM)

- 16. 12. 2017 support FISH tour / Islington Assembly Hall / London (UNITED KINGDOM)

- 15. 12. 2017 support FISH tour / Islington Assembly Hall / London (UNITED KINGDOM)

- 13. 12. 2017 support FISH tour / O2 Academy / Bristol (UNITED KINGDOM)

- 12. 12. 2017 support FISH tour / The Tamshed / Cardiff (UNITED KINGDOM)

- 09. 12. 2017 Nuit du Prog TOURS / Salle Yves Renault / Chambray-Les-Tours (FRANCE)
- 29. 10. 2017 Festival Prog En Beauce / Pierres (FRANCE)

- 29. 09. 2017 L'Entr'pot 25ème annversaire / Audun Le Tiche (FRANCE)
- 19. 08. 2017 / 05:45 pm/ Biesdorfer Parkbühne / Nordpromenade 5 / Berlin (GERMANY)

- 18. 08. 2017 Woodstock Forever Festival / Eisfeld (GERMANY)

- 05. 08. 2017 Festival Rock Au Chateau / Villersexel (FRANCE)
- 03.08.2017 Seebrueckenfest / Boltenhagen (GERMANY) free entry
- 02. 08. 2017 Musiktheater REX – Bensheim (GERMANY)
- 24. 06. 2017 Jas Rod / Les Pennes Mirabeau (with TOKAMAK) (FRANCE)