Eastern Creek Raceway 93

On 24.12.2016 at 7:27 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

I mean 4:35, that's definitely not Beggars. Perhaps unreleased or a cover I guess

Dude, listen on 0:56

Slash plays defently a jam with this riff + horn section and with a lower key

but who cares? It's just a jam... Many songs started with a jam. But for me it LOOKS (look at Slash hands on both videos) and SOUNDS like Beggars

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Dude, listen on 0:56

Slash plays defently a jam with this riff + horn section and with a lower key

but who cares? It's just a jam... Many songs started with a jam. But for me it LOOKS (look at Slash hands on both videos) and SOUNDS like Beggars

This jam is in F# and Beggars is much lower and in a drop tuning, C#. The rhythm of both is similar and if you switch to the right key you can play the jam riff over beggars studio recording, but the riff slash is playing in the jam is nothing like Beggars, which I've learned for shows years ago before (I'm a guitarist). Trust me this is not it. Wish they would make some rehearsal footage public so we can get better sound, there must be some gems in there, like this one.

I am also a guitar player, and to me, 4:35 is definitely the Beggars and Hangers On riff. Slash is playing his Travis Bean, which he only used for slide, which Beggars is, and the drums/bass fill in the spots perfectly. The way his left hand moves also corresponds to how he plays Beggars

• 2 weeks later...