favourite axl rant, lecture, outburst, speech

On 23/12/2016 at 1:48 AM, Blackstar said:

One of my favorites, unfortunately only audio::lol:

He jumped for a good reason here:

Self-sarcasm: "If you think you're a bigger asshole than me, you've got something to learn" :lol:

Someone please tell me what he says in the second video ? Can't hear anything properly

Heavily biased because I was at the show, but Pittsburgh 2002 was great. They were something like three hours late? The tension was building and everybody was on edge, then they show up and Axl says "Alright, everybody, put your money on the table...how many of you thought I wasn't coming?" and then after that, his rant about the Internet being a big garbage can. Even more true now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BloodyMary said:

Someone please tell me what he says in the second video ? Can't hear anything properly

I can't hear all of it, but basically he says that a guy from the crowd threw him his hat, Axl took it, put it on for a while and threw it back (as seen in the beginning of the video). A girl caught the hat, the guy went there to get it and and they both were attacked by three security guards. He says that he saw the guy having his eye cut and calling for help,  but the security people didn't give a shit and all they cared for was to take the hat from him. Then he asks someone from the crew to check if the girl who caught the hat is alright and in the end he says the band doesn't want anyone to get hurt.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Since my internet is down..(AT&T sucks) I was just watching the 2012 02 Arena concert I had recorded on cable. Axl was funny as hell talking about having to cut the show short so people could catch the last train to get home safely...he says "I'm only here to help. I'm like Jesus, only bad. Bad Jesus"  He had this huge smile on his face. :P

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

the one that people refer to as a rant irks me is the Sacramento show where they aimed a bottle at Axl and it hit Duff. that could gave killed him! smh at people who can do this kinda crap :facepalm:

I was actually watching that video last night, poor Slash had to come out and placate the crowd.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

There are several videos through the years of bottles being thrown, there's one where Axl gets really mad and says they are bottles of piss... these people are fuckin' morons...:facepalm:

I am not sure how anyone could do such a vile violent action directed toward anyone in any walk of life... and not expect some kind of retaliation.  I am not sure how I would feel if someone tried to hurt me or someone I care about... problem is these guys were young and much more reactive back then and as we all know large crowds are dangerous, and you risk hurting others trying to retaliate.  I am sure lessons learned and one of the reasons Axl doesn't seem to interact with the audience quite so much, and post 911 security at venues has improved

Edited by metalms
  • Like 1

All these rants are part of why Axl was and will be remembered as the best frontman ever, I don't care what anyone else says (unless they agree). I hope someday we can find the original RAW recordings in high quality and transfer them all on a  "Axl Rants Collection" Blu-Ray 4K.

In 2117, all the 3.0 humans will have those rants implemented in their 3.0 digital brains. 

These rants are part of Human History. A great part of it. 

Anyway always appreciated those rants because it shows how passionate he is. He's not just going on stage to perform half-assed songs and take the money. He was deeply genuine in those rants, very careful of the crowd, and ready to take it godammit!

We could just have A NICE TIME.

But this was a wake-up call... cos you know where the fuck you are?

Oh by the way, if anyone has the recording of a particular Welcome to the jungle live performance... Where Axl sings "Mother mother mother mother fucking knees knees" like he's possessed by Satan, i'd take it. I saw it once on Youtube but I can't manage to find it back. This was the best performance ever of WTTJ I swear, WHERE IS IT?????!!!

(it was an early 90's performance, maybe late 80's)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, D.. said:

All these rants are part of why Axl was and will be remembered as the best frontman ever, I don't care what anyone else says (unless they agree). I hope someday we can find the original RAW recordings in high quality and transfer them all on a  "Axl Rants Collection" Blu-Ray 4K.

In 2117, all the 3.0 humans will have those rants implemented in their 3.0 digital brains. 

These rants are part of Human History. A great part of it. 

Anyway always appreciated those rants because it shows how passionate he is. He's not just going on stage to perform half-assed songs and take the money. He was deeply genuine in those rants, very careful of the crowd, and ready to take it godammit!

We could just have A NICE TIME.

But this was a wake-up call... cos you know where the fuck you are?

Oh by the way, if anyone has the recording of a particular Welcome to the jungle live performance... Where Axl sings "Mother mother mother mother fucking knees knees" like he's possessed by Satan, i'd take it. I saw it once on Youtube but I can't manage to find it back. This was the best performance ever of WTTJ I swear, WHERE IS IT?????!!!

(it was an early 90's performance, maybe late 80's)

My favourite jungle

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Epson said:

My favourite jungle

GODAMMIT THAT'S THE ONE!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH. SO MUCH MAN!!!

Wow that's so cool, hahaha some hardcore fans in there, damn! I hadn't seen that for years! Awesome!!!! So happy : )))) Surely best performance ever on that song... SO GREAT!

• Like 2