What's the ONE show from 2016 that needs to be released on Blu-Ray?

15 hours ago, dgnr said:

For its sentimental value and all that: Troubadour :wub: :axl::slash: 

But yeah it could be Houston, because they killed it!! Blu Ray/DVD titled 'Houston, we have a (piano) problem'

I'd only want a few songs from the Troubadour for a bonus. They were playing much better together later in the tour.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

This might have been discussed before, but I think Coachella for the historical significance... but it's not really Axl at his best due to being confined to a chair.

Geez. Why is Coachella historical significant? It was a show for a dull hipster crowd. If you want historical significance, it's the Troubadour show or the first Vegas show. But to release Vegas wouldn't make any sense as Axl was sitting in a chair.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'd only want a few songs from the Troubadour for a bonus. They were playing much better together later in the tour.

Yeah. That would be perfect. A full stadium show plus Troubadour as a bonus.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

That's probably true. Although I think it would be cool to have the whole thing, to experience the atmosphere in the venue.

I remember Houston and Orlando being good.. Definitely not Coachella or any of those awful April shows in the chair. Didn't follow the South American tour so much.. I think they should go through all the shows and just find the best performance of each song. That would make for a pretty special Blu Ray.

• Like 1

I think GNR should release a few different shows on a blue ray because GNR did seem to change up the set lists.

Arlington show Axl sang Sorry and we didn't hear "Don't Cry". So since GNR seemed to switch up different songs for all the cities, they should combine them, so we can hear every song they performed on the US tour.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Troubadour for iconic reasons, and Houston for performance reasons.

It's a real shame that a whole GnR show is seen by many (myself included) as better or worse just because of Axl's performance.

43 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

It's a real shame that a whole GnR show is seen by many (myself included) as better or worse just because of Axl's performance.

It's a real shame that Axl is so inconsistent. The sad part is I'd take an Axl/DC DVD over a GNR '16 show any day of the week, because I know I'd listen to it more.

Watch that and tell me a GNR DVD would be better.

1 hour ago, NachoLZ said:

Well part of that is a lot of the times the instrumentalists are fairly consistent within the band especially once Frank got into a better groove with GNR this year, so Axl's voice is more of a factor because the other elements are fairly consistently awesome.

Have to go with Piitsburgh If we are discussing the North American part of the tour. The crowd was energized and was very loud throughout the show. Which comes as a complete surprise considering It was supposed to be one of the worst selling shows of 2016.

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

Well part of that is a lot of the times the instrumentalists are fairly consistent within the band especially once Frank got into a better groove with GNR this year, so Axl's voice is more of a factor because the other elements are fairly consistently awesome.

Agree 100%, Duff and Slash are awesome in all the shows, Axl sometimes is just going through the emotions or not putting a real effort.

I guess Houston's the "benchmark" concert, but they're probably going to have better shows in the coming year. Turning this into a concert film/documentary would be awesome and load it up with Troubadour, Coachella, tour promos, rehearsal footage, and interviews, a full length show chosen by fans, a "world tour highlights" disc featuring the best performances of each song, and a live album. Odds are they'll do another Vegas residency and do AFD from beginning to end for the 30th, put that out with the video, and an AFD Deluxe Edition in the next 2 years.  

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Or not :lol:

Why do people think they'll do another residency? They're doing stadium tours, they're not gonna add a bunch of shows at The Joint into the schedule :lol:

Yes, a Residency right now makes ZERO sense....NONE, I have no idea why people keep thinking this is going to happen. 

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Yes, a Residency right now makes ZERO sense....NONE, I have no idea why people keep thinking this is going to happen. 

Wishful thinking I guess. The closest thing this band would do to a residency would be 3-4 shows at T-Mobile Arena or MSG or something. They're definitely not going back to theatres any time soon :lol:

• Like 1

On 24/12/2016 at 3:08 AM, Powerage5 said:

2016: The year Slash and Duff rejoined GN'R, with Adler occasionally guesting, and people still found a way to bitch about the lineup.

2016: The year Axl, Slash and Duff toured the world with four aliens as GNR!

With no Izzy in sight! 

And no decent drummer!

And made millions happy!

If you are not satisfied, keep your mouth shut!

Don't dare say anything not complementary about it!

After all, you are supposed to be happy!

Shut up, you people!

11 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

2016: The year Axl, Slash and Duff toured the world with four aliens as GNR!

With no Izzy in sight! 

And no decent drummer!

And made millions happy!

If you are not satisfied, keep your mouth shut!

Don't dare say anything not complementary about it!

After all, you are supposed to be happy!

Shut up, you people!

You're barking up the wrong tree - I'm highly critical of this lineup. I've not hidden the fact that I'm only moderately excited about this whole reunion, and truthfully, I'd rather be seeing gigs from the 2009-2014 lineup still. I just think it's ridiculous that anyone who argued the post-93 band was not GN'R, is still arguing the 2016 band is not GN'R. I mean, to most fans, all that matters is Axl and Slash being on stage together. 

It's just another of those "No matter what they give us, some people are never happy" scenarios. Slash and Duff rejoin - "Oh, well it still isn't GN'R until Izzy and Adler are back full time". Coma and DTJ become staple songs of the setlist - "Setlist needs more deep cuts". Band throws in the occasional rare song - "Not enough oddities being played". Even if the Appetite 5 toured, some people would still find a way to complain about something.

• Like 4