Alien: Covenant

Powerage5

18 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I thought it was a very good movie to have in between those two.

I was trying to figure out if Alien Covenant lead into Alien or Aliens as I think it could have gone either way if you think about it.

I know Alien was filmed way before Alien, but I wonder what could have happened to the David character?

lol and don't forget the time he worked on General Hospital.

It's definitely a precursor to Alien, you can tell by when it takes place. I've still only seen Covenant once, but I want to say it took place in like 2118 or something? Alien takes place in 2132, and Aliens takes place in 2189 (W know Ripley was in cryo sleep for 57 years). So there's still a lot of time between Covenant and Alien, but it's certainly not a prequel to Aliens, not directly. 

9 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

It's definitely a precursor to Alien, you can tell by when it takes place. I've still only seen Covenant once, but I want to say it took place in like 2118 or something? Alien takes place in 2132, and Aliens takes place in 2189 (W know Ripley was in cryo sleep for 57 years). So there's still a lot of time between Covenant and Alien, but it's certainly not a prequel to Aliens, not directly. 

That's good you remember the years. I saw the date of Alien Covenant, but forgot it right away. lol

Yeah, in space you age slower.

Anyway, those damn aliens never completely go away do they?

When I saw the final version in covenant I thought how awesome it looked.

Also back on the original Alien I remember how dark the movie was and it was so hard to actually get a good look at the creature. Then I watched the director's cut and you got a great look at the alien. I remember going to Macy's before Xmas and seeing an alien figure and realizing I never got a good look at it once it became a full grown adult.

Anyway, I loved Aliens because Ripley was such a bad ass and trying to convince some soldiers that these creatures were very dangerous and how they just shrugged her off and paid with their lives. Also driving the car through that wall was awesome!

Love the Predator movies too.

On August 28, 2017 at 6:58 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

That's good you remember the years. I saw the date of Alien Covenant, but forgot it right away. lol

Yeah, in space you age slower.

Anyway, those damn aliens never completely go away do they?

When I saw the final version in covenant I thought how awesome it looked.

Also back on the original Alien I remember how dark the movie was and it was so hard to actually get a good look at the creature. Then I watched the director's cut and you got a great look at the alien. I remember going to Macy's before Xmas and seeing an alien figure and realizing I never got a good look at it once it became a full grown adult.

Anyway, I loved Aliens because Ripley was such a bad ass and trying to convince some soldiers that these creatures were very dangerous and how they just shrugged her off and paid with their lives. Also driving the car through that wall was awesome!

Love the Predator movies too.

I love the music that plays when she drives the tank through the wall.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:47 PM, rocknroll41 said:

I love the music that plays when she drives the tank through the wall.

I know Ripley was such a great bad ass.

I watched Aliens again last night. It seems everynight they are showing one of the Alien movies.

Somehow I felt bad for the Queen Alien this time although I had to keep reminding myself that they are just killing machines. Still man always seems to kill what they don't understand. lol

I don't like alien resurrection because I really felt bad for the Alien and hated when it killed the queen for Ripley and she rejected her and went out that window. God, I just felt terrible, but again it was a killing machine. lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2017 at 4:30 PM, ZoSoRose said:

Finally saw this, it sucked

Saw this when it came out at the cinema and I'd have to agree :( I love Alien 1-4, and I'm apparently in the minority who enjoyed Prometheus too, but I thought Covenant was pretty shit. I'll probably watch it again though if it comes on Netflix/Prime just to give it a fair chance. I just didn't find it scary in the cinema, and it had a few WTF scenes too.

I've yet to see any of the AVP movies. One of them was on TV a few weeks ago so I watched the first 20 minutes and was really getting in to it..... then my girlfriend said we had to take the dog for a walk :facepalm: I'll watch them one day, though I've heard they're shittier than Predator 2 which I find impossible to believe :D

Also, Alien is the best film of the franchise in my opinion, followed by Aliens :)

If you haven't played the video game then I highly recommend picking up Alien Isolation. I have it on Xbox 1 and it genuinely feels like you're in the Alien universe. The  team who made this game clearly love Alien imo.

Graphics are amazing, the sound is amazing, and just wandering about a deserted Weyland spacestation trying to evade an Alien is fucking terrifying. As much as I recommend the game, I genuinely only got to like Stage 5 because it was scary as fuck :lol: As soon as I encountered an Alien I bailed lol. I'm waiting on a "No Aliens Mode" DLC package so I can just wander around without worrying about having a heart attack. I only played it on easy mode, but they had harder modes which will pick up real life noises through your controllers microphone which alerts the in-game alien..... fuck playing that alone in the dark :D