setlist for 2017

I'm currently an atheist. If Perfect Crime and Locomotive made it the 2017 setlist, however, I would probably reconsider my position. Why not put Locomotive instead of KOHD? Perfect Crime also somewhere on the second half of the setlist.  Breakdown and the Garden would make great additions as well. 

On 2016-12-26 at 1:46 AM, NicDwolfwood said:

Locomotive is a pipe dream. Song is way too difficult to sing, much more so than Coma. The couple times Axl sang it back during the Illusions tour, he was shredding his voice.

I don't agree. Locomotive would be a great addition to the setlist. It's mainly a guitar song. Axl could go with clean vocals. (Or they could go with an intstrumental version).  Surprised Slash didn't ever play it with VR or Miles. 

23 minutes ago, Fin said:

I don't agree. Locomotive would be a great addition to the setlist. It's mainly a guitar song. Axl could go with clean vocals. (Or they could go with an intstrumental version).  Surprised Slash didn't ever play it with VR or Miles. 

While I agree that Locomotive is not as vocally demanding as some people here are making it out to be, it is awkward as fuck to sing live. It's very lyrically dense and in some parts leaves little room to breath.

It would be interesting if Slash could condense it down and play it as a solo instrumental piece... 

Edited by KiraMPD

On 12/26/2016 at 1:46 AM, NicDwolfwood said:

Locomotive is a pipe dream. Song is way too difficult to sing, much more so than Coma. The couple times Axl sang it back during the Illusions tour, he was shredding his voice.

I'd love to hear Locomotive but yes I think it would sound weird with Axl's  2016 voice... But then Locomotive has always sounded bad live in my opinion.

But I don't know, it may work live now a days anyways, I didn't think Coma would work at all before they played it last year and I was pleasantly surprised.

Hell, I want them to play Locomotive for that outro alone!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Great song, don't know if I'd want it in the set full time though...

Maybe they could rotate this together with Sorry and Catcher.

Please no, I hate it when bands start playing a song and then play only a part of it.

You know, it may be the one song you were so hyped to hear live and then they actually play it and....don't end it. That really sucks! I so, so hate it when bands do that shit!

13 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

Please no, I hate it when bands start playing a song and then play only a part of it.

You know, it may be the one song you were so hyped to hear live and then they actually play it and....don't end it. That really sucks! I so, so hate it when bands do that shit!

You're misunderstood, he doesn't mean include it as a medley between the three IE the VMA award performance. He means alternate it with the other two in the same fashion that Don't Cry and Patience are

2 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

You're misunderstood, he doesn't mean include it as a medley between the three IE the VMA award performance. He means alternate it with the other two in the same fashion that Don't Cry and Patience are

ok, that's fine except that I'd like to hear all of those 3.  :D

Please list a few songs you would like to hear live, that are currently not on the setlist. Ok I'll start.

1. Locomotive (instrumental or not)
  2. Breakdown
  3. Jizz da Pit (this one will sound great live, I think)
  4. The Garden 
  5. No More (Duff is a skilled musician who deserves more recognition) 

Could be scrapped: You Could Be Mine (kinda boring imo). KOHD (completely uninspired version). Catcher in the Rye (or play it like the demo version). Don't Cry