setlist for 2017

30 minutes ago, Fin said:

Please list a few songs you would like to hear live, that are currently not on the setlist. Ok I'll start.

1. Locomotive (instrumental or not)
  2. Breakdown
  3. Jizz da Pit (this one will sound great live, I think)
  4. The Garden 
  5. No More (Duff is a skilled musician who deserves more recognition) 

Could be scrapped: You Could Be Mine (kinda boring imo). KOHD (completely uninspired version). Catcher in the Rye (or play it like the demo version). Don't Cry

Scratch Catcher/all CD songs for that matter, toss in Dead Horses, OIAM, 14 Years, the Sail Away intro to SCOM, Don't Damn Me and PTU.  Is that asking too much?

Oh- and dump the jams and solo's.

Edited by Original
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2016 at 10:59 AM, Apollo said:

You would think that GnR would do a fairly legit shakeup to the set list when they come back through the states again. They will be playing my state twice within a 12-month period. 

GnR can still play the classics and mix things up a bit. 

Three new songs written by current band. 2 song rotation  

IRS, Street of Dreams, Perfect Crime, I Think About You, Locomotive, Yesterdays. 2 song rotation  

General. Atlas. Soulmonster. Thyme. Crash Diet. Just Another Sunday. 2 song rotation.

Still play the 20 classics - jungle, nov rain, SCOM, etc  

Then from the above list of 15 songs just rotate them through the set list. 

Gnr is going to play two cities in my state in 2017. If show #1 featured five of those songs and #2 featured 5 different ones.....I would pay $300 to go see both those shows. 

But if they are playing the same set list as they did this year - I won't be attending either show.

Bookend it with Heavens Door and whatever song Duff is singing. Beer and concession sales would increase by 27% every show. 

if you go to the concession stand during a SLASH SOLO WITH THE BAND YOU PROBABLY DONT NEED TO BE AT THE GIG! REAL GNR FANS LIVE FOR IT

On 12/25/2016 at 10:04 AM, GNR 1991 said:

I would like them to add these to the alt list: You're Crazy from Lies, Perfect Crime, Dead Horse, Pretty Tied Up

Pretty Tied Up definitely. i would be sad if they stopped playing Layla but at least i got to see it live. would love love love if they added Dust In The Wind and/or It's Alright but that is extremely doubtful. also IF things turn out as they should and they get Izzy on board 14 years and Dust 'N Bones are a must :headbang: 

• Like 1

Perfect Crime, The Garden, Dead Horse, Locomotive, Breakdown, Don't Cry alt., Shackler's Revenge, Riad N' the Bedouins, Madagascar and Prostitute.

Obviously not all of them every night but at least a few and put them all in heavy rotation.

53 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Perfect Crime, The Garden, Dead Horse, Locomotive, Breakdown, Don't Cry alt., Shackler's Revenge, Riad N' the Bedouins, Madagascar and Prostitute.

Obviously not all of them every night but at least a few and put them all in heavy rotation.

I love those songs but Madagascar and Prostitute might be awkward considering the current line-up. Then again, they do play Sorry... Am I the only one that thinks it's weird as fuck that Slash and Duff play Sorry? >_>

I still think they should get rid of Layla as an intro for November Rain. It would be awesome if TIL was played before NR instead. Better yet if TIL was played like Dust in the Wind, with Axl on piano and Slash on guitar... and nothing else.

Regarding setliists The Cure are really nice. Robert Smiths seems to like digging out every single B-side most don't even know, so concerts tend to be very different from each other.

Not the ordinary greatest hits shows most other bands do, but more bands should pick this up. :)

Edited by Zurimor
  • Like 1

I know it's blasphemy, but they really need to switch up the show from Estranged/ WYWH/ Layla/ Nov Rain/ KOHD section. That whole part just drags on and on. The set needs more rockers. If Axl needs a rest (totally understandable), then throw in a new sound check jam or quick Duff song. I guess NR always needs to be there, and Estranged is an important song, but... when you're there (for me anyway), this part is just (relatively of course) snooze city.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I know it's blasphemy, but they really need to switch up the show from Estranged/ WYWH/ Layla/ Nov Rain/ KOHD section. That whole part just drags on and on. The set needs more rockers. If Axl needs a rest (totally understandable), then throw in a new sound check jam or quick Duff song. I guess NR always needs to be there, and Estranged is an important song, but... when you're there (for me anyway), this part is just (relatively of course) snooze city.

They could easily lop 5 minutes or more off KOHD. It's probably always gonna be in the setlist...just because, but it's gotten too damn long. They could use that saved time to throw in another rocker; something like Pretty Tied Up. I like Perfect Crime but I don't see 2016/17 Axl doing that song justice. Something like Pretty Tied Up is way more in his current vocal wheelhouse and I can see the band really getting in a good groove for that one.

• Like 2

Chinese Democracy

Better

This I Love

Then do the trilogy:

Nov Rain

Don't Cry

Estranged

Then fire off a few songs:

You Could Be 

Patience

Civil War

Then play AFD in full. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

On December 31, 2016 at 1:18 PM, TMAC20 said:

if you go to the concession stand during a SLASH SOLO WITH THE BAND YOU PROBABLY DONT NEED TO BE AT THE GIG! REAL GNR FANS LIVE FOR IT

Lol. 

Why do you get to decide who is a "real" fan? 

So when is somebody allowed to use the bathroom or go for a beer and still be considered a "real" fan in your book?

Why are you posting so many words in caps?

• Like 1

I just want more Chinese tunes and way more tunes played by Steven. I think Frank is a good drummer, not a monster like Brain, but good. It's not about him.

Would have been amazing if Steven got to play 6 tunes everytime he was a guest drummer, and they could have gave him different tunes to play for every guest appearance.

Like alternating between:

Appetite tunes

Civil War

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry

KOHD

Patience

Used To Love Her

On 1/2/2017 at 9:51 AM, Magnus Cavalerra said:

They need to replace WYWH/Layla with SOD, makes DC, Patience, OTGM, and Michelle staple instead of interchangeable, ditch KOHD for TWAT, i guess that enough.

Revising my post above, i guess this one will make almost anyone happy. Basically just ditch TIL, KOHD, and stupid combo of WYWH/Layla, the rest is not much different than their usual setlist.

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die/New Song (LMAO)
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Attitude/Memory/New Rose/Raw Power (Duff Song)
Don't Cry/14 Years ft/ Izzy
Civil War
Coma/Locomotive/Breakdown
Godfather/Watch This/Safari Inn/Vocalise (Slash Solo)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Used to Love Her/Yesterday/Dust N' Bones ft/ Izzy
Out Ta Get Me ft/ Adler
My Michelle ft/ Adler
Street Of Dreams/Catcher In The Rye/I.R.S./Sorry
November Rain
There Was A Time
Nightrain

Patience
The Seeker/You're Crazy/Think About You ft/ Izzy
Paradise City

47 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Revising my post above, i guess this one will make almost anyone happy. Basically just ditch TIL, KOHD, and stupid combo of WYWH/Layla, the rest is not much different than their usual setlist.

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die/New Song (LMAO)
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Attitude/Memory/New Rose/Raw Power (Duff Song)
Don't Cry/14 Years ft/ Izzy
Civil War
Coma/Locomotive/Breakdown
Godfather/Watch This/Safari Inn/Vocalise (Slash Solo)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Used to Love Her/Yesterday/Dust N' Bones ft/ Izzy
Out Ta Get Me ft/ Adler
My Michelle ft/ Adler
Street Of Dreams/Catcher In The Rye/I.R.S./Sorry
November Rain
There Was A Time
Nightrain

Patience
The Seeker/You're Crazy/Think About You ft/ Izzy
Paradise City

That's an awesome setlist. Get this to AXL ASAP!!!?