setlist for 2017

19 hours ago, Jeez said:

I think 'Its so easy' is a kick ass opener. I also hope they keep the few CD songs they play. I enjoy that album (arrest me).

Amen, brother. It's So Easy is a kick-ass opener, and Chinese Democracy is a great fukin album?

• Like 2

Well I'm on for the Sydney concert, and as a fan I hope for the following. (Being realistic)

easy is the opener

I'd like to see the following songs in the Sydney set-list but I understand that it's probably not all going to happen but for the sake of adding my 2 cents worth, I'd like these ones included on top of the regular classics. 

Brownstone

out to get me

yesterdays

dont cry

and just about else from illusions

my toughie would be down on the farm but I just don't see them dragging that out. 

People askong for slither are going to be left disappointed IMO. 

I honestly don't see too much changing from the US shows. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tadsy said:

Well I'm on for the Sydney concert, and as a fan I hope for the following. (Being realistic)

easy is the opener

I'd like to see the following songs in the Sydney set-list but I understand that it's probably not all going to happen but for the sake of adding my 2 cents worth, I'd like these ones included on top of the regular classics. 

Brownstone

out to get me

yesterdays

dont cry

and just about else from illusions

my toughie would be down on the farm but I just don't see them dragging that out. 

People askong for slither are going to be left disappointed IMO. 

I honestly don't see too much changing from the US shows. 

I hope you guys get Out Ta' Get Me too. The highlight of the tour for me. They absolutely slay on it! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I hope you guys get Out Ta' Get Me too. The highlight of the tour for me. They absolutely slay on it! 

I was indifferent about OTGM. Then I saw them do it in Detroit - I'd never seen that one live before. Holy fuck, it immediately became one of my favorite GN'R songs. So good live!

• Like 3

Out ta get me would be one hell of a opener, but f we're talking songs that I want to see added this year, then it's Pretty Tied Up! And I would love if they threw in Move to the city every once in a while, even without the brass section I'd say that song would still be great live. Let's see how things go this year, I have a strong feeling they'll be sticking to their winning formula though.

• Like 1

Nightrain needs to be opener again, just once or something haha so epic... but until that day, ISE is an incredible tune to start with, and that low pitched burst of tunes at the start (ISE, MR. B, CD) seems to almost be axls warmup for the higher pitched songs later in the gig.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Out ta get me would be one hell of a opener, but f we're talking songs that I want to see added this year, then it's Pretty Tied Up! And I would love if they threw in Move to the city every once in a while, even without the brass section I'd say that song would still be great live. Let's see how things go this year, I have a strong feeling they'll be sticking to their winning formula though.

I think it would definitely be good without the horn section. I liked that too but I think a stripped down version like the ones they did way back in the day would be great!

14 hours ago, Izzyslash said:

I'll gladly accept Locomotive for Coma for this years tours. 

Agreed

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BrayWyatt said:

I would hope that kohd is removed from the setlist or at least shortened in time, also if we were given roughly the same songs, try and change the order around a bit.

Cut it down closer to the pre illusions live versions.. Omit the Fortus solos.. Just let Slash go off for a couple minutes

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Cut it down closer to the pre illusions live versions.. Omit the Fortus solos.. Just let Slash go off for a couple minutes

That's definitely not how a band works. Telling one guy literally "we don't need you, you're just here because we can't get rid of you", not a good idea.

Don't forget it's not all about Axl, Slah and Duffy, they're all member of the band and shall get their part.

Edited by Zurimor
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

That's definitely not how a band works. Telling one guy literally "we don't need you, you're just here because we can't get rid of you", not a good idea.

Don't forget it's not all about Axl, Slah and Duffy, they're all member of the band and shall get their part.

It seemed to work pretty well for them in the past.. I don't recall Izzy or Gilby ever playing solos during the song and it was always one of their best live songs. No one would be telling him they don't need him. Someone needs to play the rhythm guitar. Getting to do that in Guns N' Roses is a fucking honor.. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It seemed to work pretty well for them in the past.. I don't recall Izzy or Gilby ever playing solos during the song and it was always one of their best live songs. No one would be telling him they don't need him. Someone needs to play the rhythm guitar. Getting to do that in Guns N' Roses is a fucking honor.. 

There's a difference between someone not wanting to play the soli and telling someone who played them in the past "not your job anymore, Slash will do it".

Edited by Zurimor

17 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

There's a difference between someone not wanting to play the soli and telling someone who played them in the past "not your job anymore, Slash will do it".

awww my heart would bleed purple piss for him.. It is 2016.. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings..

Repeat yourself all you want.  Doesn't playing rhythm guitar for 3 hours onstage constitute as taking a part in a band? For a band like Guns N' Roses it is a huge part and he should be happy to to it. Otherwise he would be back doing session work for people like In Sync... I was talking about not playing leads on one fucking song in regards to people saying they should shorten it. I don't think one person would walk out of the stadium saying "I wish that other guitarist played a solo in KOHD..That wasn't fair..This band is so dysfunctional"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Repeat yourself all you want.  Doesn't playing rhythm guitar for 3 hours onstage constitute as taking a part in a band? For a band like Guns N' Roses it is a huge part and he should be happy to to it. Otherwise he would be back doing session work for people like In Sync... I was talking about not playing leads on one fucking song in regards to people saying they should shorten it. I don't think one person would walk out of the stadium saying "I wish that other guitarist played a solo in KOHD..That wasn't fair..This band is so dysfunctional"

And I want Fortus to play the soli for that song, not Slash, he'll be even happier with that. :P . It's not all about Slash, Axl and Duffy, get it into your head. Guns n' Roses are more than those three.

Edited by Zurimor

44 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I like Fortus a lot but I am perfectly fine with his role as is. A solo in Chinese, Rocket Queen, Wish You Were Here, Knocking, and Nightrain is plenty. 

Plenty....but too much.  All his solos suck. Give him the first NT solo and that's it.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2017 at 0:50 PM, Slash787 said:

His solo in Chinese is ok, but I really don't want to see him doing his own weird solos in Rocket Queen and Knocking on Heavens Door. 

Same.. I don't care what they do with the Chinese songs.. He ruins Rocket Queen.. I won't say he ruins KOHD but I prefer versions without him.. Some of Slash's best solos back in the day were during KOHD.. 

On 1/6/2017 at 0:13 PM, Zurimor said:

It's not all about Slash, Axl and Duffy, get it into your head. Guns n' Roses are more than those three.

Not really lol

On 1/6/2017 at 1:27 PM, tsinindy said:

Plenty....but too much.  All his solos suck. Give him the first NT solo and that's it.

Even his Nightrain solo sucks! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Not really l

That's pretty ignorant. Lots of songs originate during jam sessions and even if that's not the case, band members play to each other and present their ideas.

You hear more than Slash, Axl and Duffy on every single Guns n' Roses album!

Edited by Zurimor

30 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

That's pretty ignorant. Lots of songs originate during jam sessions and even if that's not the case, band members play to each other and present their ideas.

You hear more than Slash, Axl and Duffy on every single Guns n' Roses album!

With all due respect I like Fortus and think he is a more talented guitarist technically than Izzy and Gilby but let's face it he is and has always been an employee in NuGuns and now GNR...unless and until they release new music where he gets song writing  credits  I don't see this changing..................