RUN THE JEWELS 3!!!

Dan H.

Listened twice so far. It's a little less in your face than RTJ2, which I'm fine with. Some of the production reminds me a lot of El's solo stuff, which I love. Definitely need to spend some more time with it, but early returns are great. The surprise guest on Kill Your Masters killed it, no pun intended.

A Christmas Fucking Miracle, indeed.

10 hours ago, Mansin Humanity said:

You've seen he's dropping an El-P produced solo record next year, right?

I haven't but glad you said that, I'll be keeping an eye out. I remember for years it seemed like the talk was he had an album coming out then you just heard nothing else about it. Hopefully this one will come to be.

6 hours ago, J Dog said:

I haven't but glad you said that, I'll be keeping an eye out. I remember for years it seemed like the talk was he had an album coming out then you just heard nothing else about it. Hopefully this one will come to be.

Yeah, it's a damn shame the one he worked on with Trent is never gonna come out. He released one single for this one, so there's at least some progress already: 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, J Dog said:

Listened to it some more and like it a lot better now. I'm with Zeppelin in that it's very consistent. Still don't love it but it's cool. You could do much worse as far as hip hop goes these days.

Just about my feelings on it too. It's a little TOO consistent, actually. Kinda wish there were a few higher highs, the whole things blends together a little bit. Still a really good album though.

• Like 1