George Michael has passed away

Powerage5

16 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I thought Axl did good on WWRY, not a fan of Bohemian at all from that gig. 

It ain't all about perfect vocals. Axl's energy was mind blowing, his vocals were good enough to sell it. But to each his own and all that. Crowd went crazy for it as well.

Edited by Rovim

19 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Doesn't even come close to George Michael in Somebody To Love. Far and away the highlight of that concert. Bowie too, but that's not fair since he only did his songs with them. 

**clears throat**

Excuse me, but THIS is the highlight of that concert followed very closely by George, then Bowie/Lennox:
http://video.genfb.com/1228001277231389

• Like 1

Imo George stole the show that night, eventhough I loved Axl's.. But George clearly gave it all. I saw in a doc yesterday he mainly was putting his everything into it, cause Anselmo was in the audience and they knew he was sick. It was the timing, what made George sing even better, than he already could. He called it his best performance ever. 

the doc is called 'a different story' , it was pretty good

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MB. said:

Imo George stole the show that night, eventhough I loved Axl's.. But George clearly gave it all. I saw in a doc yesterday he mainly was putting his everything into it, cause Anselmo was in the audience and they knew he was sick. It was the timing, what made George sing even better, than he already could. He called it his best performance ever. 

the doc is called 'a different story' , it was pretty good

“Axl's energy was mind blowing”  yes, I agree he woke up crowd and finaly we see his emotion to stay face to his idol.

In WWRY he did a little mistake, it´s  was clear he was little nervous

But in terms of vocals and interpretation GM was perfect. I like many others live performance by him. But STL was highlight of night maybe of his career.

As Fred Tribute. Artists  could make a tribute to Prince, Bowie and GM

I think Axl could sing Faith or Father figure 

Edited by Lucky girl
  • Like 1

Wasn't familiar with his music far beyond Wake Me Up and Last Christmas, but just watched his performance in Paris on BBC iPlayer. By heck, he could sing! I once bought a pair of shoes off ebay and the seller also threw in a George Michael album, feel bad for dumping it without giving it a listen first.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Wasn't familiar with his music far beyond Wake Me Up and Last Christmas, but just watched his performance in Paris on BBC iPlayer. By heck, he could sing! 

Oh aye mother, oh aye, a finer singer you'll not find in a month of sundays, i say a month of sundays :D

I never was a real fan of Wham! actually, not in those days, mainly cause I was a weird troubled kid?. I did later on loved his solo work a lot though. Listen without prejudice, older, patience are truly solid mature albums. I love those a lot. He had such a pretty voice, good face and he seemed to be such a nice guy. I watched Wham! songs again the lasts days and like them now a lot more? Well mostly the ballads, where you already could hear, there was a true songwriter in him. It's a shame all people could talk about are his arrests later on in his life, while he deserved so much more credit. He was not only a popstar or a writer of great popsongs, he was also a songwriter. Ugh, I am still a bit upset.

11 minutes ago, MB. said:

I never was a real fan of Wham! actually, not in those days, mainly cause I was a weird troubled kid?. I did later on loved his solo work a lot though. Listen without prejudice, older, patience are truly solid mature albums. I love those a lot. He had such a pretty voice, good face and he seemed to be such a nice guy. I watched Wham! songs again the lasts days and like them now a lot more? Well mostly the ballads, where you already could hear, there was a true songwriter in him. It's a shame all people could talk about are his arrests later on in his life, while he deserved so much more credit. He was not only a popstar or a writer of great popsongs, he was also a songwriter. Ugh, I am still a bit upset.

Growing up when i did George Michael was LITERALLY the most uncoolest person in the world to like and I can honestly not remember one single solitary person who ever liked em...except for this guy who came from Pakistan who, as you said, listened without prejudice because I guess to him there was no baggage to the whole thing.

But fuck that, I still ain't havin' him :lol:  

• Like 1

You do know, Listen without Prejudice is an actual album of his right? 

I agree though, he was certainly not the coolest person to listen to, specially not in his Faith period. Well not in Europe, cause in the US he actual was. Then he killed his fame there with the whole Sony lawsuit. Anyway, I only started listen to him when he released his album Older. It was the greatest cd to make out on?. I believe older was also a turningpoint for him, cause it was a lot more mature, he gained a lot of new fans with that album. You know mature ones.

You should listen to it Len. It's a good album. I think, he was very underrated.

Edited by MB.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Growing up when i did George Michael was LITERALLY the most uncoolest person in the world to like and I can honestly not remember one single solitary person who ever liked em...except for this guy who came from Pakistan who, as you said, listened without prejudice because I guess to him there was no baggage to the whole thing.

But fuck that, I still ain't havin' him :lol:  

I have to agree. No disrespect to the guy, but I'll pretty much remember him for wearing daisy dukes and getting arrested for whacking off in a bathroom. Again, no disrespect, but I was never a fan and his death doesn't change that. Not trying to diss him either, just it is what it is, may he RIP and I sincerely mean that.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, J Dog said:

I have to agree. No disrespect to the guy, but I'll pretty much remember him for wearing daisy dukes and getting arrested for whacking off in a bathroom. Again, no disrespect, but I was never a fan and his death doesn't change that. Not trying to diss him either, just it is what it is, may he RIP and I sincerely mean that.

In that case, it's really easy to just not comment.

3 hours ago, toroymoi said:

But I wanted to. I don't think you have be a fan of one's music to tell them RIP. I'm not a fan of Prince but told him RIP. Not a Motörhead fan but told Lemmy RIP. And I'm not just throwing it out there, I really mean that shit when I say RIP.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2016 at 3:07 AM, username said:

Not a big fan, but still sad to hear. His version of Somebody To Love was absolutely grand. 

Also, just to let things sink in... 

25-12 - George Michael
24-12 - Rick Parfitt (Status Quo)
07-12 - Greg Lake (Emmerson, Lake & Palmer)
07-11 - Leonard Cohen
22-08 - Toots Thielemans
20-08 - Matt Roberts (3 Doors Down)
14-08 - James Wooley (Nine Inch Nails)
21-05 - Nick Menza (Megadeth)
21-04 - Prince
16-03 - Frank Sinatra Jr
11-03 - Keith Emmerson (Emmerson, Lake & Palmer)
08-03 - George Martin (The Beatles) 
18-01 - Glen Frey (Eagles)
10-01 - David Bowie

Pete Burns

On 31/12/2016 at 0:14 PM, toroymoi said:

Shock horror, there are some people that don't like certain music.  What is this notion that just because someones dead you have to edit your opinion about them.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1