Is Guns N' Roses your favorite band?

Is Guns N' Roses your favorite band?  

218 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Beatles are the best Pop band/best band that ever existed

Guns is my favorite Hard Rock band, I mean... Appetite/Lies/Illusions and then Axl even expanded on it with Chinese.

Faith No More comes close. I like Queen, but it's so campy. Still love them.

AC/DC with Bon Scott just as good, but I feel Guns took it one step further.

Guns are like the whole package: you've got the music that is retro enough to not lose any crucial elements with the old line up, but they brought their own thing to it, it reflected something only those 5 individuals had. No one actually sounded like Slash before him, even if he used the same techniques compared to say, Eddie Van Halen. He basically did the Jimmy Page thing, but it was still all Slash.

Axl did the Robert Plant thing, but still his voice and personality were unique enough to make it sound fresh. Izzy a Keith follower, but still it sounds like something else in many ways.

Interesting band too, it's not just the music, even if the music is always the most important thing. It's very dramatic and fucked up. The whole history of the band is fascinating. It all comes together to create something very special.

Also important to note that Gn'R is easier to relate to compared to older bands or newer ones simply because it's a band from my time. Represent my generation. (kinda) cause I was born in the 80's. That shit is a factor.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

Yes absolutely!! :P I love them and they were with me in the best and worst times of my life! They helped me so much in all the years I've been a fan so there is no one near them although I like ac dc and queen a lot too! 

To celebrate this reunion I made gnr tattoo to remember forever this amazing band:headbang::lol:

On 12/26/2016 at 8:53 AM, Nightrain92 said:

Yes absolutely!! :P I love them and they were with me in the best and worst times of my life! They helped me so much in all the years I've been a fan so there is no one near them although I like ac dc and queen a lot too! 

Same with me. If I hadn't had GNR's music the last thirty years, I don't know if I would have made it thru all the crap in my life. No matter how down I am, as soon as any GNR song comes on, I feel better.  :lol:

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

Same with me. If I hadn't had GNR's music the last thirty years, I don't know if I would have made it thru all the crap in my life. No matter how down I am, as soon as any GNR song comes on, I feel better.  :lol:

Yes I feel you!! :lol:it's the same with me! No matter how bad the day has gone when I listen to them I feel so much better:):) only this band can do this!!:P

• Like 1

I've been a GN'R fan for twelve years. I can't be as passionate about them as I was aged 15. I've been into other bands since, my main one being Black Stone Cherry (I've seen them live five times). However they began to sound more and more like Nickelback from their third album onwards, so I lost interest. Since the reunion started I've been watching the live shows, that has reminded me why I enjoyed GN'R so much in the first place. They have a matchless back catalogue of feel-good hard rock which I will always come back to.  

I picked the third option.  Around my teenage years my favorites changed from Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis to ACDC, GNR, and Metallica (which all 3 still maintain revolving positions toward the top of my list).  The Guess Who moves into my top spot periodically too.  Not claiming any of them are the best or greatest, but they're my favorites.

• Like 1

I'm never going to try to say they are the best band or any of that shit. The Stones, Zep, AC/DC, Beatles, etc are easily "better". But GnR are my favorite, and it's not close. They've been my favorite since I was 17 in 1987. When I'm in a certain mood, the feelings I get and memories I have when I listen to them, especially AFD and UYI, top anything any other music does for me. And I love that it still does that for me after all these years and miles...

• Like 1

GNR is the first band that i liked, even before i manage to learn English. I've been a fan since at least 20 years ago.

Yeah there's a lot greater band out there like Beatles, Stones, or Queen. And obviously they have a lot of great song, but i still don't really know why i never like them at same level as GNR.

I never know what to answer to this question haha It's them and Queen, same level to me, really.

I love Queen since forever, before I even know a word of english, seeing Brian and Roger live this year was one of the most beautiful and emotional moments of my life, but with GN'R - here comes the cliché - they saved my life. I wake up, as many of you, during the dawn to see this band through a Periscope (:facepalm:), there were tears in my eyes when Slash shared the Coachella pic, when the first pic of Axl and Slash together at the Troubadour poped up on Instagram and during November Rain in Vegas. It's a tough question to me, I had to choose the second option :shrugs:

Guns N' Roses has been my favorite all-time band since October 1987. I was 11 years old and in the middle of fighting for my civil rights to equal education as a person with a disability.  I watched MTV with my dad at the time. We had just got cable. A video montage came on of Bon Jovi, George Michaels (RIP), and a guy in an electric chair. My dad said that this was a really good band. I then listened to them  after that. Welcome to the Jungle became my favorite song. It's now #2. #1 is Paradise City. 

I would actually say that it has become part of my traits now. People know me as a HUGE GNR fan. 

Edited by Draguns
  • Like 1

Favorite rock band - yes. 

Though my obsession with them has waned in the last 20 years due to Axl's lack of creativity and willingness to share his new music with his millions of fans. 

Before it was 60% GnR and 40% other bands. But I've hear Jungle approximately 87,926 times. So it doesn't have the same excitement and enjoyment level that it did 25 years ago. 

I was always known as the GnR guy in my small town. But as you get older, more important and reverent things take over. 

Edited by Apollo

When Robin left I lost much interest for Axl's solo band also called GNR, CD was then released and it was pure crap, lost almost all interest. Then I discovered VR was actually very good. So GNR has been part of my life for a while. Love the real band, 87-93, it's on my top 10. Axl's solo band was interesting and then became great material for jokes. Maybe not musically but GNR is my favorite band to discuss on the internet, that's for sure.

If the classic lineup was able to stay in tact longer I would say yes.  They just didn't have enough material. Even so, it is a tough call because I love what they did do so much.  I just ordered that "uncut" Ritz show and watched it last night.  Mixed emotions about the current line up. It is amazing to see Axl, Slash and Duff up there.  But the other half of the band is a joke. Excluding Dizzy.

• Like 1

They are my all time favorite.They've been that since the late 80s/early 90s. I felt very dissapointed with the break up. Still I was willing to give Axl a chance and I did. But unfortunately NuGN'R  didn't work out right. And CD means nothing to me. I like other bands and artists. But with no where near the same level of passion and love that I feel for GN'R. Now in particular that I'm having the reunion I wish to have. Sure things would be perfect with Izzy and Adler as full time members. But this year has been great anyway.