Is Guns N' Roses your favorite band?

Is Guns N' Roses your favorite band?  

218 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

I love GN'R, and I love all their songs except everything in CD. Been a fan since I was 12, when UYIs were released. That said, they are only 2nd to Aerosmith.

Same here, loved every song released under the Gn'R until CD came out.. Well I may not have loved everything on TSI but I do really like most of it...  The two bands I would personally hold above them are Black Sabbath and Aerosmith.

• Like 1

I'd say top 5 but lately it's been more like top 10. I'm not sure why... Maybe I've just listened to GNR to death at this point. I'm creepin up on 20 years as a fan so that's probably it. I still like them but I don't get as excited as I used to. If they release new material they will probably be back in my top 5... Aerosmith and Queen will always take the top spots though. :shrugs:

Favorite band by far, don't even need to think about it.

I fell in love with GNR when I was 5 so I can't even imagine my life without GNR, I just can't.

They've been the soundtrack of my life (even having very few records), a source of inspiration/motivation, helped me get me through hard times and made me meet some of my best friends. Oh, and Slash is the reason why I wanted to start playing guitar.

There are many other bands that I like (Skid Row, Megadeth, Metallica, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith...) but I don't like them as much nor they mean half as much as GNR means to me.

7 hours ago, ForcedToRegister said:

I know this poll has been done in various variations over the years, but I was just curious to see how people of a GNR forum view the band as we approach 2017. For me, GNR is far and away my favorite band and it has been that way for close to fifteen years now.

yes they are :headbang:

8 hours ago, ForcedToRegister said:

I know this poll has been done in various variations over the years, but I was just curious to see how people of a GNR forum view the band as we approach 2017. For me, GNR is far and away my favorite band and it has been that way for close to fifteen years now.

Nah, not anymore. But they'll always have a very special place in my heart for being the band that got 13yo me into rock music. I don't know top-how-many they'd be in. But they'll always be very special to me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanity_lost said:

There is really no contest for me. I am easy when it comes to music and like a lot of bands and other artists, but GNR somehow caught and completely hooked me. It is why I am on this forum. They are the only artists  that pushed me to seek out a forum to chat with other fans about them and seek out information on what the band and previous members are up to.

This! Agree 1000%!!! :D

Top 5, because they brought me into the rock world.  I checked out the bands they mention and I discovered a new world.

Not #1 because of a lack of music creation and repetitive set lists within a tour.

Compare it to Trent and NIN.  new stuff every couple of years.  Soundtracks. Side projects- How to Destroy Angels.  He just put out a new EP,and reworking of The Fragile.  He announced two major NIN projects for 2017.  There's always something fresh.

Axl is a brillliant and hard working guy.  I hope to see stuff under him, as GNR, or Axl/DC.

Maybe, for sentimental reasons. My music listening patterns have changed as time's gone on, with online streaming services now there's such a wealth of music at my fingertips from all sorts of different artists and genres that the days of going out and buying albums from a small number of bands you like and then playing them exhaustively (including all the filler tracks) are long gone. Now I mostly listen to extensive playlists with hundreds of bands on them, but there are a few bands I always go back to.

Guns are one of those artists, they're always there among the top bands I'll listen to. The time when I was super-passionate and being a "Gunner" was a proud part of who I was has passed... If you asked most people who knew me as a teenager about my defining characteristics, they'd probably say "biggest Guns N' Roses fan I know". Now, I don't know if any of my newer friends would even know I listen to them.

That era is over, the band has changed beyond recognition and so probably have I. Since the music industry execs got their oh-so-lucrative reunion, I've just not been interested.

• Like 1

I don't really have a "favourite" band, i love many artists and genres. GNR to me though are a little unique in how i feel about them, they have impacted my life more than any other band that's for sure. They came along at a very confusing time in my life , i was 6 years old when Appetite came out and my parents had split a year or so before, AFD was like my security blanket and kept me calm. I have a connection with this band that will never leave me

They're near the bottom of my top 5, maybe just outside my top 5 depending on my mood. Lack of material keeps them from being higher primarily. The bands I definitely rank above GN'R are Iron Maiden, Rush, and The Mighty Mighty Bosstones. GN'R, AC/DC, Anthrax, The Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath (Specifically Dio and Martin eras) and Tower Of Power sort of rotate for the rest of my top 5 depending on my mood.

Definitely GnR, my all time favorite band. They lift me up when i'm down, make me happier when i'm just happy. I was devastated when they separated but always held hope that they would return. Now I am spending money I don't have to attend their concerts, driving across the states to attend as many shows as possible and I really don't care as long as I see them because for those 2 1\2 to 3 hours nothing else matters.

• Like 3