Is Guns N' Roses your favorite band?

Is Guns N' Roses your favorite band?  

218 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not my favourite band, but I like them. There are so many good bands, why choose a favourite?

There are plenty of other bands I like, too, i.e. Marillion (80s with Fish, the true one ^^), Genesis, Maiden, Dornenreich, AnnenMayKantereit, German music in general, good ole 60s/70s stuff like The Doors, Creedance Clearwater Revival, The Who, Hendrix, oh, I almost forgot Wirtz, great singer with great lyrics and exotic stuff like Lazuli, one of my favourites atm. I also listen to Jazz, Blues, Folk, Country oh, of course Johnny Cash has to be mentioned! There's good music in pretty much any genre, so I don't limit myself to just two or three kinds of music. :)

Edited by Zurimor
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

Favourite band by a long shot, Axl my fav singer/frontman by a mile & Slash my fav guitarist easily. That said, I listen to a lot of other bands now more than Guns. Mostly because of their lack of new music and limited back catalogue. Which is a f*cking shame...  (understatement of the century)

That sums up the situation pretty perfectly. 

Probably. I tend to listen to solo artists more than bands. But out of the bands I do listen to, GNR are probably my favourite. 

If you include solo artists, then I would take Prince, Michael Jackson, Tori Amos and David Bowie over GNR any day of the week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I thought you would be into them?

Oh, I see... thought you were talking about Axl (Mickey). lol

Yeah, love me some Jacksons. Destiny and Triumph are two very underrated albums and just as essential as OTW and Thriller imo. A lot of MJ fans think MJ was all about OTW, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible and tend to ignore the great work he did with his brothers, before it all got so ridiculously hyped and corporate (replacing the words to Bad with "Pepsi's cool" was a new low, even for MJ).

• Like 1

The thing is I have tons of bands, and multiple genre of music. The Rolling Stones I bloody love. Words cannot describe how much I love The Stones. Guns however are my childhood band. I think Appetite is a rarity (for that era), a bit of a Never Mind the Bollocks. It is a brilliant album.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

The thing is I have tons of bands, and multiple genre of music. The Rolling Stones I bloody love. Words cannot describe how much I love The Stones. Guns however are my childhood band. I think Appetite is a rarity (for that era), a bit of a Never Mind the Bollocks. It is a brilliant album.

The Rolling Stones are the Masters... they are pretty much better than everyone I believe, even better than the Beatles. We're talking insane quality of music and longevity that shames everyone else. I admire that staying power.  Now with Appetite, GnR got it absolutely fucking perfect. And nothing at all comes close to it. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 2