MAY 28 ATLANTA, GA INFINITE ENERGY ARENA
JUNE 5 MONTREAL, QC BELL CENTRE
JUNE 9 UNIONDALE, NY NYCB LIVE. HOME OF THE NASSAU VETERANS MEMORIAL COLISEUM
JUNE 13 PHILADELPHIA, PA WELLS FARGO CENTER
JUNE 17 WASHINGTON, DC CAPITAL ONE ARENA
JUNE 21 BOSTON, MA TD GARDEN
JUNE 25 NEW YORK, NY MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
JUNE 29 NEWARK, NJ PRUDENTIAL CENTER

New song, new album, new tour... and the launch of the Verified Fan initiative to keep tickets out of the hands of scalpers and bots. There’s a lot of breaking U2 news today - read on for the complete lowdown. #U2eiTour #U2SongsofExperience

Songs of Experience, the band’s hotly anticipated 14th studio album, will arrive on December 1st on CD, vinyl, digital download and across streaming platforms. See the complete standard and deluxe album tracklistings below.

In May the band are back out on the road, taking the new songs across North America on the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour. Here are the dates.

Today the band also revealed the artwork for Songs of Experience, shot by Dutch photographer, film director and longtime collaborator Anton Corbijn, of band-members' teenage children Eli Hewson and Sian Evans.

Recorded in Dublin, New York and Los Angeles, Songs of Experience was completed earlier this year with its subject matter influenced by Irish poet, novelist and Trinity College, Dublin Professor Emeritus Brendan Kennelly’s advice to Bono to 'write as if you’re dead'. The result is a collection of songs in the form of intimate letters to places and people close to the singer’s heart: family, friends, fans, himself.

Songs of Experience is the companion release to 2014’s Songs Of Innocence - the two titles drawing inspiration from a collection of poems, Songs of Innocence and Experience, by the 18th century English mystic and poet William Blake - and was produced by Jacknife Lee and Ryan Tedder, with Steve Lillywhite, Andy Barlow and Jolyon Thomas.

Pre-order Songs of Experience from today and receive three instant grat songs: the previously unreleased new song ‘Get Out of Your Own Way', first single ‘You’re the Best Thing About Me’ and the album version of 'The Blackout', previously released as a performance video in August. All three songs are available now to stream across all platforms.

Pre-order the deluxe version of the album and you also receive the Kygo remix of 'You're The Best Thing About Me'.

PRE-ORDER SONGS OF EXPERIENCE IN UK, IRELAND, GERMANY, FRANCE, SPAIN, PORTUGAL, DENMARK, ITALY, & HOLLAND 
Fans in these countries who pre-order the album by November 30th will have the chance to enter a presale to buy up to 2 tickets for the yet-to-be-announced 2018 shows in Europe. (You will receive a unique ticketing code, in early 2018. The presale will not open until 2018 and of course availability is while stock lasts. Please note: a code does not guarantee a ticket.)

Please note: Every ticket purchased will include one (1) copy of U2’s new album, "Songs of Experience", to be released December 1, 2017.  Be on the lookout for a separate email with instructions around how you can redeem your album(s). Prior to December 1, you will have the opportunity to pre-order one CD per ticket purchased. Once the digital album becomes available on December 1, fans will have the choice of either a CD or digital album at the time of redemption. One album per ticket. US/Canadian residents only. Not valid for Fan to Fan Resale.

Just as the new record Songs of Experience is a companion to 2014's Songs of Innocence, the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour is a sequel to 2015's iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour which saw 'U2 reinvent the arena show’ (Rolling Stone) and was named the #1 concert of 2015 by The New York Times.

Tickets for the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour go on general sale on November 20th with presales opening on Tuesday November 14th and in a new development, designed to keep tickets out of the hands of scalpers and bots, this time around ALL North American ticket sales go exclusively through the Verified Fan programme.

As usual, U2.com subscribers will be first in line with their own exclusive window when presales open. U2.com Verified Subscriber details here.

large.jpg

SONGS OF EXPERIENCE TRACKLISTING
1. Love Is All We Have Left
2. Lights of Home
3. You're The Best Thing About Me
4. Get Out of Your Own Way
5. American Soul
6. Summer of Love
7. Red Flag Day
8. The Showman (Little More Better)
9. The Little Things That Give You Away
10. Landlady
11. The Blackout
12. Love Is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way
13. 13 (There is a Light)

SONGS OF EXPERIENCE ­DELUXE CD & DIGITAL
2. Lights of Home
5. American Soul
6. Summer of Love
7. Red Flag Day
10. Landlady
11. The Blackout
14. Ordinary Love (Extraordinary Mix)
15. Book Of Your Heart
16. Lights of Home (St Peter's String Version)
17. You're The Best Thing About Me (U2 vs Kygo)

SONGS OF EXPERIENCE ­ DELUXE VINYL
2. Lights of Home
5. American Soul
6. Summer of Love
7. Red Flag Day
10. Landlady
11. The Blackout
14. Ordinary Love (Extraordinary Mix)
15. Book Of Your Heart
16. Lights of Home (St Peter's String Version)

• 2 weeks later...

Friends working For live nation

7 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

How do you know this?

Joshua tree tour starting in May from Usa. Moving to Europe For the summer.

Rome: 15 and 16 the of july.

New album in autumn.

Edited by Italian girl

3 hours ago, Italian girl said:

Friends working For live nation

Joshua tree tour starting in May from Usa. Moving to Europe For the summer.

Rome: 15 and 16 the of july.

New album in autumn.

What are your thoughts on the Joshua tree shows? Do you think it will be the whole album and then a set of newer material. I can't envision U2 playing the Joshua tree from beginning to end since the 3 biggest hits are the first songs. I also wonder what the production value for a small tour run would be. 

I really don't know what to think..

I hope they are not doing this because the HAVE to. JT is a genuine album. They don't need to dirty it for money.

Sometimes I'm very angry with them, because they're able to ruin everything good they made in the past...

I hope it will be a short tour in the States focused only on JT and then a new album with a real world tour.  

35 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

What are your thoughts on the Joshua tree shows? Do you think it will be the whole album and then a set of newer material. I can't envision U2 playing the Joshua tree from beginning to end since the 3 biggest hits are the first songs. I also wonder what the production value for a small tour run would be. 

U2 made it sound like the Joshua Tree shows were going to be a brief run, but they're probably going to debut the Songs of Experience songs, probably going to shoot the Joshua Tree for home video, they already did the deluxe box set and the "making of" but there's still a bunch of unreleased stuff. 

• Like 1

I can't tell if I am super excited or a little let down. I thought SOI was a fantastic record. I enjoyed the I+E Tour, but it seemed to end very abruptly. They didn't even hit a lot of major markets. Then, the new album just fizzled out. It was supposed to be a back to back sort of thing (like SOI was supposed to be with NLOTH). A 3 year gap doesn't seem to exactly go along with that, its just a normal album cycle. Sounds like SOE and SOA might have been scrapped again for something else and a Joshua Tree tour would just be a nostalgia grab. I'd go, of course, but I wanted more new material from those last sessions

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I can't tell if I am super excited or a little let down. I thought SOI was a fantastic record. I enjoyed the I+E Tour, but it seemed to end very abruptly. They didn't even hit a lot of major markets. Then, the new album just fizzled out. It was supposed to be a back to back sort of thing (like SOI was supposed to be with NLOTH). A 3 year gap doesn't seem to exactly go along with that, its just a normal album cycle. Sounds like SOE and SOA might have been scrapped again for something else and a Joshua Tree tour would just be a nostalgia grab. I'd go, of course, but I wanted more new material from those last sessions

To me it sounds like they're going to do a handful of special shows for Joshua Tree then release Songs of Experience sometime after and focus on that, which I'm fine with.

I didn't get to see the last tour unfortunately, so I do hope they keep that stage show for the most part, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it's something new either.

Basically this tour is a bonus. I have a feeling contractually with Live Nation they were obligated to tour this year or fit a certain amount of tours in a certain time frame. It's really convenient to have it be the 30th anniversary of Joshua Tree though so why not.  I have no doubt this summer tour will be used to promote Songs of Experience which will no doubt come out sometime in the fall at the conclusion of the tour. The Edge has confirmed they will play the Joshua Tree in it's entirety in running order but shows won't open with Where the Streets Have No Name, which is a good thing in my opinion IF they close the shows with the album. Personally on this tour I don't want anything post 1987. If they are marketing it as a Joshua Tree heavy show then I feel like they should play 2 sets. Set 1 is all old songs leading up to Joshua Tree and then set 2 is the album in full in running order.  This is what I'd like to see. Then when they tour again in 2018 to support Songs of Experience, because they've focused solely on this era they can ditch some of these songs and give us a handful of Pop and Zooropa songs as well as finally play Acrobat live for the first time ever.  Obviously there are some other songs I'd wanna hear from the pre Joshua Tree era but for the sake of the general fans this is the set list(pipe dream) I would go with if I was U2. Regardless I'll be attending the show in Vancouver ad Dublin. 

1. I Will Follow
2. Out of Control
3. Electric Co
4. Gloria
5. October
6. Sunday Bloody Sunday
7. New Year's Day
8. Pride
9. Unforgettable Fire
10. Bad / 40

**** Break with some sort of video/music montage of Joshua Tree and the era****

11. Where the Streets Have No Name
12. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
13. With or Without You
14. Bullet the Blue Sky
15. Running to Stand Still
16. Red Hill Mining Town
17. In God's Country
18. Trip Through Your Wire
19. One Tree Hill
20. Exit
21. Mother's of the Disappeared

*** ENCORE (I don't want this as I think it's nice to close with the Joshua Tree album but if they had to...)***

Vertigo
Beautiful Day
New Song from SOE
One

• Like 1

On 1/7/2017 at 0:27 PM, Black Sabbath said:

To me it sounds like they're going to do a handful of special shows for Joshua Tree then release Songs of Experience sometime after and focus on that, which I'm fine with.

I didn't get to see the last tour unfortunately, so I do hope they keep that stage show for the most part, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it's something new either.

This is most likely what the stage is gonna look like. This image is consistent with all the venues on Ticketmaster's site. 
15940707_10158127182325397_2355573646300

1 hour ago, Bono said:

This is most likely what the stage is gonna look like. This image is consistent with all the venues on Ticketmaster's site. 
15940707_10158127182325397_2355573646300

Yeah I saw that earlier. I was talking more in line of the tour they do for the next album, but either way, I'm excited.

@BonoDo you know if the subscriber code is good for only one show, or a pair of tickets? How does that work? Because I'm hoping to get GA to multiple shows.

17 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Yeah I saw that earlier. I was talking more in line of the tour they do for the next album, but either way, I'm excited.

@BonoDo you know if the subscriber code is good for only one show, or a pair of tickets? How does that work? Because I'm hoping to get GA to multiple shows.

I honestly have no idea. I think it's more a number of tickets. Hopefully it's good for at least 4 tickets so people can buy a pair to two shows. I think the code is good though for however many tickets you have. So for example if you're allowed 4 tickets I guess maybe you could use the code for four shows or any combination but honestly I don't know yet. 

• Like 1

It would actually be really bad ass if they played the album in reverse. Doing it in reverse is a really kick ass running order. Fuck yeah. Just do what I said above but play Joshua Tree in reverse. 

11. Mothers of the Disappeared
10. Exit
09. One Tree Hill
08. Trip Through Your Wire
07. In God's Country
06. Red Hill Mining Town
05. Running to Stand Still
04. Bullet the Blue Sky
03. With or Without You
02. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
01. Where the Streets Have No Name

• Like 1

First time U2 goes full nostalgia. And we're talking about a band from 1976. Surreal if you think about it.

This tour will have two polar opposites: it will most def kick ass with full Joshua Tree. it will be an anti-Trump filled show and there will be many annoying cringe moments.

• Like 1

It's a shame. I love U2 but I just can't stand their agenda. Just saw some post from Bono recently where he was supporting something like 'Poverty is misogynist' or some crap like that. Thankfully their music is amazing enough for me to ignore their completely idiotic political views.

• Like 2