New U2 Album 'Songs of Experience' Out Dec. 1st // Tour Starting in May 2018

The Holographic Universe

4 hours ago, James Bond said:

At least with the Nightrain you could accept defeat and buy VIP or settle for some crap seats, but with this there is literally nothing coming up and that includes the usual tricks of refreshing your cache, using the Ticketmaster App instead of the desktop version, etc...

I'll try again for general onsale and if nothing happens I'll wait until closer to the show and buy GA off StubHub. If I can get GA for around $280 Canadian then I'll still have done better than getting crap seats at the back end.

The presale for the Dublin show was a joke.  I literally watched tickets as they became available. There was a definite pattern as I watched it happen over the course of 10 hours. There was nothing available in the first presale(Red Hill) in the first 4 sections closest to the stage in the lower and upper decks. They held those back. The only tickets available in the stands were in the back half of the stadium. I watch as the same two tickets would be available for like 10 minute in for example Section 2, ROW A. Then suddenly the same two tickets in ROW B would come up then the same two in row C and so on until the rows were completed and then ROW A in section 3 would come up.  They were literally only releasing 2 tickets per row in a specific section at a time and as they sold the next two in the row higher up would become available. It took just over 9 hours for tickets in Row A in the section I wanted to come up. I scooped them up for $45 haha. 

The presale for Vancouver on the other hand was GREAT! First tickets came up, I didn't like them, tried again and BOOM the exact section I wanted half way up. Perfect. Scooped those up. 

2 hours ago, Bono said:

The presale for the Dublin show was a joke.  I literally watched tickets as they became available. There was a definite pattern as I watched it happen over the course of 10 hours. There was nothing available in the first presale(Red Hill) in the first 4 sections closest to the stage in the lower and upper decks. They held those back. The only tickets available in the stands were in the back half of the stadium. I watch as the same two tickets would be available for like 10 minute in for example Section 2, ROW A. Then suddenly the same two tickets in ROW B would come up then the same two in row C and so on until the rows were completed and then ROW A in section 3 would come up.  They were literally only releasing 2 tickets per row in a specific section at a time and as they sold the next two in the row higher up would become available. It took just over 9 hours for tickets in Row A in the section I wanted to come up. I scooped them up for $45 haha. 

The presale for Vancouver on the other hand was GREAT! First tickets came up, I didn't like them, tried again and BOOM the exact section I wanted half way up. Perfect. Scooped those up. 

That it was quite a bust overall seems to be the consensus on Zootopia, at least for the Wires group, but in the end it worked out for me and I'm glad I just waited instead of panic buying a crap pair of tickets for much more money. I've been pinching myself all day since - I can't believe I actually scored the GA tickets.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2017 at 1:21 PM, RussTCB said:

Speaking of that show, would you have a bootleg or know where I could get it @Bono?

I'm not sure about that specific show. I'm not much into bootlegs but they must've produced this as a tv concert special or something

• Like 1

On 1/12/2017 at 3:01 PM, Bono said:

Tickets for 45$? You used your presale password for 45$ tickets. What is the section man?

On 1/28/2017 at 6:28 AM, luciusfunk said:

Looked at tickets for Dallas. Yeah, no thanks. I like U2, but I'm not a big enough fan to pay those prices for those seats. 

Just wait until weeks before the show. There will be GA tickets avaible at some point. I saw this happen at many 360 shows. I don't know where you live but there are plenty of Houston tickets left.

17 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Tickets for 45$? You used your presale password for 45$ tickets. What is the section man?

Just wait until weeks before the show. There will be GA tickets avaible at some point. I saw this happen at many 360 shows. I don't know where you live but there are plenty of Houston tickets left.

I used my presale code for two $300 tickets in Vancouver and also for for Dublin just to make sure I'm in the building. As it gets closer I will probably upgrade with resale seats.  Just didn't wanna spend $300 on 4 tickets at the time. I tried getting good seats for Dublin in the presale but couldn't so just waited it out till an upper level, front row seats came up. Took 9 hours haha

41 minutes ago, Bono said:

I used my presale code for two $300 tickets in Vancouver and also for for Dublin just to make sure I'm in the building. As it gets closer I will probably upgrade with resale seats.  Just didn't wanna spend $300 on 4 tickets at the time. I tried getting good seats for Dublin in the presale but couldn't so just waited it out till an upper level, front row seats came up. Took 9 hours haha

With the prices for tickets I would think the production values would be amazing, but it appears it will be a simple design. I find that odd. The whole tour is an oddity. I just want the new album and the extension of the I&E tour. But, I'm certain this will be special. 

13 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

With the prices for tickets I would think the production values would be amazing, but it appears it will be a simple design. I find that odd. The whole tour is an oddity. I just want the new album and the extension of the I&E tour. But, I'm certain this will be special. 

I agree. I'm not sure what they can really do that's new and different. The production on the i&e tour was great, especially the sound. Apparently the next tour for Songs of Experience will carry on with and expand on the i&e tour so I can't see them doing much more on this Joshua Tree tour. My guess is it will be similar to GnR's bg screens now. Although if this is any kind of hint it should be alright. Whether people agree with the politics or whether they like this shit in a concert isn't the point. The production is. I saw this though and thought Hmmmm.... GnR brings on some effigy of Trump and creates a mob mentality lynching type scene on stage and U2 does this. I gotta say U2's style of protest is much cooler and far less juvenile. The production on this is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMRGHBsGsz8

28 minutes ago, Bono said:

I agree. I'm not sure what they can really do that's new and different. The production on the i&e tour was great, especially the sound. Apparently the next tour for Songs of Experience will carry on with and expand on the i&e tour so I can't see them doing much more on this Joshua Tree tour. My guess is it will be similar to GnR's bg screens now. Although if this is any kind of hint it should be alright. Whether people agree with the politics or whether they like this shit in a concert isn't the point. The production is. I saw this though and thought Hmmmm.... GnR brings on some effigy of Trump and creates a mob mentality lynching type scene on stage and U2 does this. I gotta say U2's style of protest is much cooler and far less juvenile. The production on this is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMRGHBsGsz8

I dont wanna see or hear shit about Trump. It nothing to do with U2 or the Joshua Tree album. The GNR thing was weird because the band is apolitical. 

30 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I dont wanna see or hear shit about Trump. It nothing to do with U2 or the Joshua Tree album. The GNR thing was weird because the band is apolitical. 

I don't mind if U2 speaks out against Trump or whatever message they wanna deliver and I don't mind if they use a song to do it but I'm worried the entire tour becomes this Trump protest tour. I do NOT want that at all. One song, one speech, one moment, ok I'm fine with that but do not make the tour about Trump. Like Fuck people go to rock shows for an escape and a good time. I get they have their views and have always spoken out about what they believe but now more than ever people need a break from reality. I see poltics every god damn fucking day non stop on social media, news, conversations. I agree I don't wanna see it. If they leave it at this fine but anything more and it will be a drag. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 13/01/2017 at 8:59 AM, Majestic Beast said:

If bono still wears that stupid orange sunglasses,i'm not even gonna hear a sec from this new album.

U2 are a really weird one for me, I don't mind them at all musically, in fact I really like some of their early albums and 'Achtung Baby' but I just can't fucking stand Bono at all nowadays. :lol: He totally went up his own arse in the 90's and acts like an utter wanker, the way he goes on makes me dislike them even though I like a lot of their songs. I also think they've been poor since Achtung Baby barring the odd thing here and there (I really like 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' for example) and overall, find it baffling that they're so huge. So, don't love them, don't hate them, can't stand Bono. :lol:

Edited by bucketfoot

On 16/05/2017 at 6:11 PM, bucketfoot said:

U2 are a really weird one for me, I don't mind them at all musically, in fact I really like some of their early albums and 'Achtung Baby' but I just can't fucking stand Bono at all nowadays. :lol: He totally went up his own arse in the 90's and acts like an utter wanker, the way he goes on makes me dislike them even though I like a lot of their songs. I also think they've been poor since Achtung Baby barring the odd thing here and there (I really like 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' for example) and overall, find it baffling that they're so huge. So, don't love them, don't hate them, can't stand Bono. :lol:

Dude, Zooropa and Pop are brilliant albums. U2 were at their best during the 90s.

I totally get people disliking Bono. U2 are a bunch of progressist pussies. Hard to respect anything they say. But their music is so good...

Just gave The Joshua Tree a full listen yesterday. First half is classic after classic. But that second half is just great. 'Exit' is so badass. I loved watching Rattle and Hum as a kid. Oh the memories...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, maynard said:

Dude, Zooropa and Pop are brilliant albums. U2 were at their best during the 90s.

I totally get people disliking Bono. U2 are a bunch of progressist pussies. Hard to respect anything they say. But their music is so good...

Just gave The Joshua Tree a full listen yesterday. First half is classic after classic. But that second half is just great. 'Exit' is so badass. I loved watching Rattle and Hum as a kid. Oh the memories...

I couldn't really get into either of those, although I like Numb and Discotheque. I agree The Joshua Tree is excellent though. I just think a lot of their stuff since Achtung Baby is pretty average.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 9:39 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Ugh I just want to see One Tree Hill live but I dont think i can swing this tour. They havent played detroit in over 10 years and havent come to Michigan since 360

Go to Cleveland. It's 3 hours away and it's the final show on the tour. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe