The Holographic Universe

New U2 album and tour in 2017

102 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Bono said:

It would actually be really bad ass if they played the album in reverse. Doing it in reverse is a really kick ass running order. Fuck yeah. Just do what I said above but play Joshua Tree in reverse. 

11. Mothers of the Disappeared
10. Exit
09. One Tree Hill
08. Trip Through Your Wire
07. In God's Country
06. Red Hill Mining Town
05. Running to Stand Still
04. Bullet the Blue Sky
03. With or Without You
02. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
01. Where the Streets Have No Name

 

 

Playing the  the album front to back will not work this album, so your suggestion could work. I think the band have to find a flow for these songs and I hope they use different arrangements, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, maynard said:

First time U2 goes full nostalgia. And we're talking about a band from 1976. Surreal if you think about it.

This tour will have two polar opposites: it will most def kick ass with full Joshua Tree. it will be an anti-Trump filled show and there will be many annoying cringe moments.

God I hope not. I'm as liberal as any human being can be, but the current anti-trump climate from artists comes off as inauthentic to me. I don't remember when actors and musicians became so annoying about expressing their opinion, but this election sure brought out the pretensions.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be trying for GA for Toronto tomorrow morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I welcome any chance my favorite bands tour - "nostalgia" or not.

 

Also, rumors of second shows being added. From a post on Interference, appartently from someone at Live Nation:

 

May
Friday May 12th Vancouver, BC - BC Place Stadium
Sunday May 14th Seattle, WA - CenturyLink Field
Wednesday May 17th San Francisco, CA - Levi's Stadium
Saturday May 20th Pasadena, CA - Rose Bowl
Sunday May 21st Pasadena, CA - Rose Bowl
Wednesday May 24th - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium
Friday May 26th - Dallas, TX - AT&T Stadium
Monday May 29th - Phoenix, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium
Wednesday May 31st – Detroit, MI - Ford Field

June
Saturday June 3rd Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
Sunday June 4th Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
Wednesday June 7th Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field
Sunday June 11th Miami, FL - Hard Rock Stadium
Wednesday June 14th Tampa, FL - Raymond James Stadium
Saturday June 17th Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field
Sunday June 18th Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field
Tuesday June 20th Washington, DC - FedEx Field
Thursday June 22nd Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre
Friday June 23rd Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre
Sunday June 25th Boston, MA - Gillette Stadium
Monday June 26th Boston, MA - Gillette Stadium
Wednesday June 28th East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium
Thursday June 29th East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium
Sat. July 1st Cleveland, OH - First Energy Stadium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

God I hope not. I'm as liberal as any human being can be, but the current anti-trump climate from artists comes off as inauthentic to me. I don't remember when actors and musicians became so annoying about expressing their opinion, but this election sure brought out the pretensions.

As far as I can remember, it started with Bush's run in either 2000 or 2004. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I purchased 3 GA tickets to the NJ show this morning. The prices for seats is fucking astronomical. The prices make the current GNR tour affordable by comparison.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took me an hour of trying and bitching on the U2 forum to realize my password is for tomorrow's presale. Fuck. :lol:

Let's try again tomorrow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks boys ;)

I'll attend only Rome this time..

To much money For guns n roses :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw U2 on September 9, 1992 on the ZooTV Outdoor Broadcast. I honestly don't ever see them toping that night for me, so I've sat out every tour since. I'm on the fence about attending this tour whenever they get to Michigan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of that show, would you have a bootleg or know where I could get it @Bono?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Idk if you remember the days of Miser, but Bono (the forum member) is like that x5.

On topic: I'm attending Bonaroo again this year, it will be my first time seeing U2

 

54 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Idk if you remember the days of Miser, but Bono (the forum member) is like that x5.

On topic: I'm attending Bonaroo again this year, it will be my first time seeing U2

Thats awesome. Are you doing all 3 days? I hear the Chili Peppers are playing, too. What tickets are you getting?

Edited by The Holographic Universe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

 

Thats awesome. Are you doing all 3 days? I hear the Chili Peppers are playing, too. What tickets are you getting?

I'm getting the 4 day pass, that's usually what my buddies and I like to do. This time we might not camp out though, its so much work.

Meh to RHCP, they're all right. Funnily enough I've seen them twice now, once at Bonnaroo 2012 and at Lollapalooza 2012. Guess this will be my third time seeing them, and I'm not even really a fan :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

What show are you attending?

Is he? I would think a huge U2 fan would be at least a decent person, if not a good one. But, this forum does attract a certain type of person at times.

I'll be at the Toronto date! I'll be trying for GA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate U2, but I may hit either Toronto or Cleveland. I know they put on an incredible show, and cheap seats aren't too bad, so this seems like a good tour to check them off and say I saw them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Why not MetLife?

I want to do MetLife, but with all of the other GN'R shows I'm doing, it's hard to justify, especially if they add a second show because I'm going to want to do both and already plan on doing the second Philly show if they add it.

And I can't really buy a ticket now and sell it later if I change my mind, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so damn salty about them not coming to Michigan AGAIN. What the fuck. I am liking this idea even more with every passing day and it would guarantee I get to see One Tree Hill live. I already traveled to see them last tour, but they're so damn good I may do it again. Getting all of Joshua Tree makes it so tempting.

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I saw U2 on September 9, 1992 on the ZooTV Outdoor Broadcast. I honestly don't ever see them toping that night for me, so I've sat out every tour since. I'm on the fence about attending this tour whenever they get to Michigan.

That is AWESOME you saw ZooTV. Still, I wish you could have seen 360. I still get chills thinking of that show. One of the best concerts I have been to, I'd say top 5.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I am so damn salty about them not coming to Michigan AGAIN. What the fuck. I am liking this idea even more with every passing day and it would guarantee I get to see One Tree Hill live. I already traveled to see them last tour, but they're so damn good I may do it again. Getting all of Joshua Tree makes it so tempting.

That is AWESOME you saw ZooTV. Still, I wish you could have seen 360. I still get chills thinking of that show. One of the best concerts I have been to, I'd say top 5.

Do Cleveland if I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

I want to do MetLife, but with all of the other GN'R shows I'm doing, it's hard to justify, especially if they add a second show because I'm going to want to do both and already plan on doing the second Philly show if they add it.

And I can't really buy a ticket now and sell it later if I change my mind, unfortunately.

Gotcha. The gorge GNR show is preventing me from attending multiple U2 shows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Gotcha. The gorge GNR show is preventing me from attending multiple U2 shows. 

I wish I knew for sure if they were going to add an additional show to Philly or NJ so I could decide for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

I wish I knew for sure if they were going to add an additional show to Philly or NJ so I could decide for sure.

So are U2/GN'R gonna cock block you from seeing Maiden again? :lol::max: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This presale is making the Nightrain look like the goldmine of fan memberships.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least with the Nightrain you could accept defeat and buy VIP or settle for some crap seats, but with this there is literally nothing coming up and that includes the usual tricks of refreshing your cache, using the Ticketmaster App instead of the desktop version, etc...

I'll try again for general onsale and if nothing happens I'll wait until closer to the show and buy GA off StubHub. If I can get GA for around $280 Canadian then I'll still have done better than getting crap seats at the back end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.