gnrer

[Rare] Guns N Roses live at Rock in Rio 2001 [Japan Broadcast] [Better Quality]

24 posts in this topic

I was the guy who uploaded it to YT, will try to upload the dvd to MEGA as soon as I can

4 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

I was the guy who uploaded it to YT, will try to upload the dvd to MEGA as soon as I can

thank u !

18 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

is this the best quality available?

For those 3 songs, yes. Only those 3 songs were broadcasted in that channel.

I want to add to this - this was originally an AVI file that was on file sharing networks like Kazaa right after the show happened. I'm surprised it's taken this long to resurface.

It looks like someone capped the broadcast digitally to their computer and uploaded it, so yeah we're never going to see quality better than this.

Holy shit, the mix doesn't fucking suck, and the video looks great compared to the other one.

Edited by Mendez

2 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

I want to add to this - this was originally an AVI file that was on file sharing networks like Kazaa right after the show happened. I'm surprised it's taken this long to resurface.

It looks like someone capped the broadcast digitally to their computer and uploaded it, so yeah we're never going to see quality better than this.

Japanese are years ahead us :lol:

I don't think it was ripped from a computer, maybe it was done with a dvd recorder. What we know is that it is a digital recording and not an vhs one like the others.

What is strange is that this version is not listed on noremorsetrading

1 hour ago, fanfzero said:

Japanese are years ahead us :lol:

I don't think it was ripped from a computer, maybe it was done with a dvd recorder. What we know is that it is a digital recording and not an vhs one like the others.

What is strange is that this version is not listed on noremorsetrading

Standalone DVD recorders weren't available commercially at an affordable price until like 2005

I would guess they had a cable/satellite TV signal going into their computer's video capture card and they recorded it that way

This was from an official DVD that Iron Maiden put out from the same show using the same camera setup, for comparison:

Edited by TheSeeker

6 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Standalone DVD recorders weren't available commercially at an affordable price until like 2005

I would guess they had a cable/satellite TV signal going into their computer's video capture card and they recorded it that way

Hmm...true, I totally forgot about WinTV and all that stuff. And yes, I got my first standalone DVD recorder in late 2005/early 2006. But who knows, technology was more advenced in Japan in those years. One example is the lazerdisc, it had better quality than the vhs and it got popular in Japan during the 90s.

And yes, the camera setup could be the same, but lineage is always better on an official dvd than on a tv-rip dvd.

It's also possible that the GNR footage comes from a VHS in SP mode - comparing crowd shots from the Maiden footage to crowd shots from the GNR footage above, it appears the Maiden footage is at full 480p resolution from the DVD rip, while the GNR footage is lower resolution. Or maybe whoever encoded the video 15 years ago compressed it too much.

Guess we'll never know

10 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

It's also possible that the GNR footage comes from a VHS in SP mode - comparing crowd shots from the Maiden footage to crowd shots from the GNR footage above, it appears the Maiden footage is at full 480p resolution from the DVD rip, while the GNR footage is lower resolution. Or maybe whoever encoded the video 15 years ago compressed it too much.

Guess we'll never know

do u have the best version about  this  show  ?

12 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Guess we'll never know

There's no vhs line at the bottom of the screen and there's no vhs grain, so seems to be an encoding or lineage issue.

Gnr show lineage would be: Master files-> Analog tv broadcast 480i and lower bitrate than the master files->(quality loss)-> Digital Recording-> (quality loss) -> Authored bootleg dvd

Maiden show would be: Master files-> (quality loss, but made in a way proffesional way so it would be minimal)-> Official DVD 480p

Another posibility is that Maiden brought their own film crew for their show. 

Halford also released this from this show

33 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

There's no vhs line at the bottom of the screen and there's no vhs grain, so seems to be an encoding or lineage issue.

Gnr show lineage would be: Master files-> Analog tv broadcast 480i and lower bitrate than the master files->(quality loss)-> Digital Recording-> (quality loss) -> Authored bootleg dvd

Maiden show would be: Master files-> (quality loss, but made in a way proffesional way so it would be minimal)-> Official DVD 480p

Another posibility is that Maiden brought their own film crew for their show. 

Halford also released this from this show

hi , why not reply me?

Edited by gnrer

Just now, gnrer said:

hi , why not reply me ?

Limulus or Sharonsummer, each version has it's pros and cons, so there's no a best version. They are also worse than this one

1 minute ago, fanfzero said:

Limulus or Sharonsummer, each version has it's pros and cons, so there's no a best version. They are also worse than this one

thank u , i want be friend with u ,  im a  good boy . trust me

2 minutes ago, gnrer said:

thank u , i want be friend with u ,  im a  good boy . trust me

But sometimes you become a bit irritating by criticizing other people's work , or saying things that aren't on the same line than the thread where you are discussing, etc... You even asked me to download bands that I don't follow stuff from slow servers and upload it to Mega for you. Don't know what happened to your other account (@megadethers), but I guess it wasn't something good. You also won a warning point on the old tracker, and that's not something to be proud about. And finally, this is not a whatsapp group, so you should write in a decent way (no "u" instead of "you", im instead of I'm...). I don't wanna be bad with you and I feel sorry for having to say this, but if you don't change your behaviour, people here won't trust you. If you are able change those habits, people here will respect you and you will get stuff and your questions answered. You just need to use the correct way.

2 minutes ago, gnrer said:

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

But sometimes you become a bit irritating by criticizing other people's work , or saying things that aren't on the same line than the thread where you are discussing, etc... You even asked me to download bands that I don't follow stuff from slow servers and upload it to Mega for you. Don't know what happened to your other account (@megadethers), but I guess it wasn't something good. You also won a warning point on the old tracker, and that's not something to be proud about. And finally, this is not a whatsapp group, so you should write in a decent way (no "u" instead of "you", im instead of I'm...). I don't wanna be bad with you and I feel sorry for having to say this, but if you don't change your behaviour, people here won't trust you. If you are able change those habits, people here will respect you and you will get stuff and your questions answered. You just need to use the correct way.

OK !i see !  my English is poor , and my other account has been banned!(cause i digged a old topic) I ll be a  good gunner seem too you 

Oh shit, wowow gave me a copyright notice and removed the video from my channel

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, fanfzero said:

Oh shit, wowow gave me a copyright notice and removed the video from my channel

MEGA better than YOUTUBE , But its always limit:  "You have utilized 3.00 GB of data transfer in the last 6 hours, which took you over our current limit. To circumvent this limit, you can upgrade to Pro, which will give you your own bandwidth package and also ample extra storage space."

Edited by gnrer