New Year's Resolutions

AxlsFavoriteRose

3 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I'm now booked to do a 5-week course in proofreading. I'll probably take the additional exam so I can get my certificate in it. 

This means that @downzy is going to let me edit all the posts on this forum for spelling, grammar and punctuation. 

Then this might be helpful to you...

ProofreadersMarks-web.jpg

:P

• Like 1

On 12/29/2016 at 2:13 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

it seems like the only resolution feasible...would love to know the stats that show how many people keep their resolutions! 

I'd love to know the stats that show how many people actually follow through on any goal they set at any time of year. There's always so much negativity surrounding New Year's Resolutions because people say "they don't work". Ummmm... no it's not the resolution that doesn't work it's the person who set it that doesn't work for it. New Years resolutions are no different than any goal set any time during the year. January 1st is simply a starting point that's all. People should be encouraged to set them as well as encouraged to set goals all throughout the year. The only reason people are negative about New Year's Resolutions are because they've failed at their own. It has nothing to do with actually setting them though. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2016 at 5:08 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I never do.

I was watching Days of our lives today and one of the characters Kate Roberts, who is a strong, smart and beautiful woman, said "Resolutions are for people with low self esteem. I thought that was so funny.

On 12/31/2016 at 5:16 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that's a good saying :)

It's actually a horseshit saying haha. The type of person who would say such a thing is in fact the person with low self esteem. Resolutions are just a fancy way of saying goal setting. 

1 minute ago, Bono said:

I'd love to know the stats that show how many people actually follow through on any goal they set at any time of year. There's always so much negativity surrounding New Year's Resolutions because people say "they don't work". Ummmm... no it's not the resolution that doesn't work it's the person who set it that doesn't work for it. New Years resolutions are no different than any goal set any time during the year. January 1st is simply a starting point that's all. People should be encouraged to set them as well as encouraged to set goals all throughout the year. The only reason people are negative about New Year's Resolutions are because they've failed at their own. It has nothing to do with actually setting them though. 

that's true and it's why i think making them on a set date doesn't work. kind of like people who decide to start diets on Mondays. and i don't believe diets work either, it has to be a lifestyle choice. JMO :shrugs:

6 minutes ago, Bono said:

Resolutions are just a fancy way of saying goal setting. 

again goals are also BS. you have to make lifestyle choices. and if you slip you just need to say oh well, i am not giving up on my better lifestyle...get back on the horse so to speak. goals are the same as resolutions, people who reach their goals often feel depressed afterwards and slip back into the way they were before they achieved said goals.

4 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

again goals are also BS. you have to make lifestyle choices. and if you slip you just need to say oh well, i am not giving up on my better lifestyle...get back on the horse so to speak. goals are the same as resolutions, people who reach their goals often feel depressed afterwards and slip back into the way they were before they achieved said goals.

I think setting goals can help you stay focused on what you want to achieve, but it's important to not beat yourself up when you fail to reach your goal or are experiencing some set backs.

Personally, I find it helpful to plan some things, like get it organized in my head what it is I want to obtain and kinda plan my route to it. You make adjustments as you go along. Works better for me than to just improvise all of it. Makes it clearer and more defined.

But maybe cause if I don't set goals I'll achieve nothing cause I'm high all the time and will just do this: :drool:

• Like 1

• Get out of debt (apart from possibly my student loan) and start saving in a help-to-buy ISA
  • Learn more healthy recipes by heart, so I can cook more without defaulting to unhealthy stuff
  • Lose 15lbs
  • Learn as much as I can in my new practice and have started, or be ready to start, a certificate in surgery by the end of the year
  • Get 2-3 blog posts and YouTube videos out per week
  • Have more fun, make the most of my time away from work
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:
  • Get out of debt (apart from possibly my student loan) and start saving in a help-to-buy ISA
  • Learn more healthy recipes by heart, so I can cook more without defaulting to unhealthy stuff
  • Lose 15lbs
  • Learn as much as I can in my new practice and have started, or be ready to start, a certificate in surgery by the end of the year
  • Get 2-3 blog posts and YouTube videos out per week
  • Have more fun, make the most of my time away from work

What do you wanna lose a stone in weight for, there aint much of ya to begin with.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

:facepalm: why stones?? 

Well i dunno, why pounds, they aint the Queens currency are they, why call anything by any name :lol:  I wanna look it up now, why the fuck are they called stones, Dies' or Pappy'll probably know, they're clever fuckers :lol:

Were it not for boxing I'd have no awareness of pounds at all in that regard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

good point. it's funny that you have a currency called pounds while we call a measurement of weight pounds. maybe there's a connection? idk...

we have weight pounds too and ounces, do you have ounces? Isn't it all 1/2 cup of this 1/2 a cup of that, what the fucks a cup?? i have cups in all sizes how would i know what one to use? Are US cups all the same size??

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

good point. it's funny that you have a currency called pounds while we call a measurement of weight pounds. maybe there's a connection? idk...

I googled it, apparently in the olden days they used to use stones as weights for when measuring shit out.  Them weight things on those olden day scales were made of stone so thats where it come from.  There you go, learn something new everyday, we leave this discourse as better people! :lol:  I fancy some cocaine now!

Just now, janrichmond said:

we have weight pounds too and ounces, do you have ounces? Isn't it all 1/2 cup of this 1/2 a cup of that, what the fucks a cup?? i have cups in all sizes how would i know what one to use? Are US cups all the same size??

I learnt about ounces and that from buying gear, if 3.5s were an 8th for a draw then times 3.5 by 8 and you got an ounce!  And they say no good comes of crime :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, janrichmond said:

all measuring cups are the time ( i assume. ) we don't just grab a cup for drinking out of the cabinet and use it for measuring while baking a cake or whatever! although some of the cakes i've baked you might think i used one of those :lol:

• Like 1