(2010) WATCH 1080P - ONE OF THE GREATEST EVER "Don't Cry" Performances ? (London O2)

(AXL HITS IT OUTTA THE PARK AT THE END)
Remember the original upload of this had well over 150,000 views as it was VERY rare to see Axl without any

head gear (bandana or hats) during this period of the tour !! 
It's also a great performance of the song from a time when less folk recorded and certainly NOT in FULL HD

with a semi pro camera ! Anyone remember this video, it's re-posted now...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

DJ Ashba was really awful. Holy shit. I stopped the video at the solo.. sorry but this isn't GN'R

Aye man...but you should skip to Axl's outro vocals !! This was a highlight of his vocals more than anything, plus a fairly unique look for him at the time,

he barely ever was seen with his hair just like that, during the 2010 tour !! 
I was there and it was the first song post encore and I remember seeing him come out and was quite shocked ! 

5 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

always liked this one especially after 2:42 he just kills it 

Yes, love this one and Moscow too, might be the best since 1993 (vocals wise) -

This O2 performance is overall great and really nicely filmed for the time though ! 
Never heard him do it since but 3:09 is godly !!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Not what a lot of us were saying when we thought NO reunion would ever happen !
There's no point pretending 20 years didn't happen, so I chose to pick the good bits out...
Did u go to any of those shows? Did u enjoy ANYTHING (if so) ? 
I'm just as happy where we are now as you guys but I'm not gonna dismiss everything he did, especially

cool moments from those years like this...

I went to a show during that era and 90% of it sucked. It was a show that I see Axl nut swinging Chinese Heads ranting and raving about too.  Axl was good.. He looked like a buffoon but he was on point. The show was still an embarrassment to the Gn'R name and we and others I know left early.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I went to a show during that era and 90% of it sucked. It was a show that I see Axl nut swinging Chinese Heads ranting and raving about too.  Axl was good.. He looked like a buffoon but he was on point. The show was still an embarrassment to the Gn'R name and we and others I know left early.

Fair play to your opinion but what can be agreed IS - from what I've seen (and luckily was there) - Those 2010 double O2 shows in London were some of the best from the Nu-GNR era, along with Duff making his first appearance, the band sounding pretty awesome , Axl was just on fire !!

I went to that pr show.   Dc was easy one of the best 3 or 4 performances ever.

I know. Slash wasnt there. But the way they played ( kinda diferent arrengement), plus for some reason axl was really in to that song that day and the band felt that and did a great job.

For me it was the 2nd best dc ever for axl and perhaps 4th for gnr .  my girlfriend literally cryed on the last verse ( wich btw axl did beyond perfection and feeling)

Really magical.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Personally, I used to really dig the version like in the OP when Bumble's solo would go into the intro, then it was only him and Axl for the first half of it. IDK, I just thought it sounded great and I'd feel all the feels... :shrugs:

Yea, it's definitely evolved from being a nice little moment in the set, to being back as the main thing :)
A lot of songs at one point we thought we'd NEVER hear again...Since 2009, we've heard a lot of those songs !! 
Now, Locomotive, Breakdown, Perfect Crime, etc WHERE ARE U ?!?

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Not what a lot of us were saying when we thought NO reunion would ever happen !
There's no point pretending 20 years didn't happen, so I chose to pick the good bits out...
Did u go to any of those shows? Did u enjoy ANYTHING (if so) ? 
I'm just as happy where we are now as you guys but I'm not gonna dismiss everything he did, especially

cool moments from those years like this...

Yep.  Saw Guns pre break up, saw the solo circus a couple times and Guns circa 2016 couple times.  The circus era- not sure the proper analogy regarding Axl's vocals with such a garbage band....like lipstick on a pig?   Or like eating a dump....it's something that still leaves a poor taste in my mouth.   At any rate- Guns is back after 23 or so years.  Happy New Year!

• Like 3

@colonizedmind  I saw NuGN'R in 2012. My first open air gig in my life and my first big concert. It was a amazing night and i had alot of fun. I was in front row via VIP ticket. I met DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot, Dizzy & Frank. DJ Ashba seems a nice guy and a really good person who his life is MUSIC. I really like his work with Sixx A.M. but for me he doesn't fit in Guns N' Roses... That feeling gets stronger if you watch Guns N' Roses with Slash in 2016. It feels right... even Axl Rose is in Mickey mode.. it feels right...

I watched the Appetite For Democracy Blu Ray.. it's a good show.... but Ashba.. he behaves like child in that movie and his guitar work feels wrong. For me GN'R 2001 - 2014 isn't Guns N' Roses. It's Axl's Band or solo project or whatever..

Of course Axl's voice was amazing in 2010. I watched the Video, skip the Ashba solo and his voice is good.... but the mustache. I'm out :-D

Edited by t-p-d-a
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Personally, I used to really dig the version like in the OP when Bumble's solo would go into the intro, then it was only him and Axl for the first half of it. IDK, I just thought it sounded great and I'd feel all the feels... :shrugs:

I agree with this, it had a real sense of melancholy. I have to be honest, I'm in the pre 93 camp and really don't like Chinese Democracy, except for Better but the first performance of this post Slash really sounded great even though Axl messed up the lyrics. Can anyone tell me what this show was, I'm pretty sure it was in Japan somewhere?

Edited by aliexpress

8 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Some of his hats are fine..like the KOHD hat (ny fave one!) ...but the stache? Hell no lol! :lol:

To say the truth, I think that in 2006 he had a far more badass look than now. Stache w/o hats and no grandma hair :lol:

10 hours ago, AFGnR said:

Lille, France 2010 - one of the best vocal performances from Axl in the NuEra. November Rain:

That sounds exactly like his current NRs. Not the best sample from 2010.