(2010) WATCH 1080P - ONE OF THE GREATEST EVER "Don't Cry" Performances ? (London O2)

13 hours ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

I must be the only one that doesn't mind the mustache...

Nor his hats :lol:

I can appease you, you're not the only one.

I like hats, never leave my home without a hat, cap, or whatever, there has to be something on my head.

And I like that mustache, he can wear it, if I had a bit of beard growth, I might have one myself, but no chance :D

32 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

I can appease you, you're not the only one.

I like hats, never leave my home without a hat, cap, or whatever, there has to be something on my head.

And I like that mustache, he can wear it, if I had a bit of beard growth, I might have one myself, but no chance :D

Well, I never wear hats but I don't care if he wears one or not.

But the truth is that both his stache and his hats are very unpopular in here :lol:

48 minutes ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

Well, I never wear hats but I don't care if he wears one or not.

But the truth is that both his stache and his hats are very unpopular in here :lol:

Who cares about popular or not, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself and me have our own opinion, and the best thing is, it belongs to us and we can have a bigger part of it than all of you who are going with the tide. :lol:

Edited by Zurimor
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Personally, I used to really dig the version like in the OP when Bumble's solo would go into the intro, then it was only him and Axl for the first half of it. IDK, I just thought it sounded great and I'd feel all the feels... :shrugs:

I always dug that too. It had very sincere feel to it. Sounded good.

4 hours ago, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

To say the truth, I think that in 2006 he had a far more badass look than now. Stache w/o hats and no grandma hair :lol:

That sounds exactly like his current NRs. Not the best sample from 2010.

I once heard that in 2006 he had a some kind of rivallity with Scott Weiland (and Velvet Revolver in general) in terms of appeareance, that's why he cared more about his weight, look and voice.

4 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

I once heard that in 2006 he had a some kind of rivallity with Scott Weiland (and Velvet Revolver in general) in terms of appeareance, that's why he cared more about his weight, look and voice.

In terms of appeareance? Don't think so, it would be a little hilarious :lol:

But imagine how funny it would be if Axl started doing that awful Weiland dance moves, shirtless with his hands on his waist.

Or if he started using a loudspeaker :lol:

22 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Fair play to your opinion but what can be agreed IS - from what I've seen (and luckily was there) - Those 2010 double O2 shows in London were some of the best from the Nu-GNR era, along with Duff making his first appearance, the band sounding pretty awesome , Axl was just on fire !!

Fair play to your opinion but if you titled the thread "ONE OF THE GREATEST EVER Nu-GNR "Don't Cry" Performances ?" Your thread may have been better received.

Axl's outro was good, but the first few cords completely ruin the song for me, I instantly know i'm not listening to GNR. Axl's best vocals ever couldn't save that. 

On 12/30/2016 at 8:43 PM, colonizedmind said:

(AXL HITS IT OUTTA THE PARK AT THE END)
Remember the original upload of this had well over 150,000 views as it was VERY rare to see Axl without any

head gear (bandana or hats) during this period of the tour !! 
It's also a great performance of the song from a time when less folk recorded and certainly NOT in FULL HD

with a semi pro camera ! Anyone remember this video, it's re-posted now...

Anything that ever has been, is or will be the greatest of anything does NOT feature DJ Ashba. Period. 

Just... ugh. 

Axl's vocals are ok'ish at best in that. He goes from micky to rasp and back in 0.2 seconds. 

On 12/31/2016 at 2:12 PM, Silent Jay said:

That's just horrible. 

(Check Original Post) (I'll re-link it here)
THIS (vocal) performance still wows me so much, a lot because it was SO rare that Axl would come out for an encore (or anytime at all) without a hat on, or bandana!
Only did this a couple times all tour...
Totally nails the end half of "Don't Cry" in particular! Anyone there at this gig?
We have to thank bumble a lot for getting this song back to his, it really was his thing !

Edited by colonizedmind

On 31/12/2016 at 9:18 AM, WhenYou'reTalkinToYourself said:

To say the truth, I think that in 2006 he had a far more badass look than now. Stache w/o hats and no grandma hair :lol:

That sounds exactly like his current NRs. Not the best sample from 2010.

No man, where did you hear that rasp since 2011?? damn how i missed it...

On 12/30/2016 at 3:02 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I went to a show during that era and 90% of it sucked. It was a show that I see Axl nut swinging Chinese Heads ranting and raving about too.  Axl was good.. He looked like a buffoon but he was on point. The show was still an embarrassment to the Gn'R name and we and others I know left early.

Hammerstein show or did you see one of the infamous '02 shows?

44 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Though don't let this distract you from the fact that 2016 was the first year Axl gave his first awesome performances of You Could Be Mine since 2010.

Which ones other than Houston do you think were awesome? I thought the NA leg was great but YCBM was still one of the weakest songs at almost every show. The only other one that stands out to me is Seattle, even though the first half is average, he sings the part after the solo a little differently because he's pissed off about his monitor and has to get Tom to fix it. He signals to turn his volume up or something after he sings the first line and he's definitely pissed off by about 3:35

(Also, whoever makes the all the GIFs on here needs to watch from 4:30-4:45)

edit: not that YCBM was necessarily bad on the NA tour, but it definitely wasn't 2010-level.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

21 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Which ones other than Houston do you think were awesome? I thought the NA leg was great but YCBM was still one of the weakest songs at almost every show. The only other one that stands out to me is Seattle, even though the first half is average, he sings the part after the solo a little differently because he's pissed off about his monitor and has to get Tom to fix it. He signals to turn his volume up or something after he sings the first line and he's definitely pissed off by about 3:35

edit: not that YCBM was necessarily bad on the NA tour, but it definitely wasn't 2010-level.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've watched the performance from Philly.

My main point being that from 2011-2014, YCBM was really never too great live vocally. Shame, because it's my favorite GN'R song. But last year Axl definitely sang it better than he had the couple years prior, sans 2010.

• Like 1