GN'R to play Roman Abramovich’s New Years Eve Party?

1 hour ago, Rickodez said:

Must be cool to be rich enough to pay for a private GnR concert. I would do it every year, with Izzy and Steven on board of course.

Dunno, seems a bit pathetic to me.  To me it's like paying to be popular.  To me whats great about live music is a 50/50 thing, a good band and a good crowd.  What you gonna pay a crowd to turn up?  Or hand out free tickets to your private party?  I don't care how rich i ever am i would never pay an artist i like or respect to do a private gig, I'd just pay to go see em, cheaper and more fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rickodez said:

Must be cool to be rich enough to pay for a private GnR concert. I would do it every year, with Izzy and Steven on board of course.

Well a few years ago I thought the same thing that If I was rich as Richard Branson, I would offer them 10 million for a private show, even if Axl backed out, I would have loved to see Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven together on one stage. 

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Lies.... A reformed guns ain't playing some spoiled rich kids party for a million.  

Because they've never done that before right? And regarding the cost - let's not forget the Stones played a billionaire's wife's birthday party last year for $2 million. This isn't that outlandish at all.

• Like 1

I'm curious... if their going rate is 3 mil per show what is the benefit of doing a private show for 1 mil? I think that even if their going rate is falling because they've been going for a while it wouldn't have fall that much that fast. Is it  because it would be a fun brief one off?

I am not sure I believe it. Not because I couldn't see them doing private shows, but don't private shows usually pay more than the artist's going rate?

8 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Because they've never done that before right? And regarding the cost - let's not forget the Stones played a billionaire's wife's birthday party last year for $2 million. This isn't that outlandish at all.

Since record sales have gone up the spout it won't be long til we see certain bands standing on the side of the road holding a piece of cardboard which reads 'Will Wank For Pennies'.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Since record sales have gone up the spout it won't be long til we see certain bands standing on the side of the road holding a piece of cardboard which reads 'Will Wank For Pennies'.

...You mean it's not normal for bands to do that? Wish I'd known that when I had a band that was touring :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Wherever Guns N Roses are it's already 2017

I'm on the west cost of the US right now, so I have to deal with 2016 for 3 hours longer than I normally would. Yet again, GN'R has bested me. They're already in the new year and I've got like 9 more hours of this shit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

I'm curious... if their going rate is 3 mil per show what is the benefit of doing a private show for 1 mil? I think that even if their going rate is falling because they've been going for a while it wouldn't have fall that much that fast. Is it  because it would be a fun brief one off?

I am not sure I believe it. Not because I couldn't see them doing private shows, but don't private shows usually pay more than the artist's going rate?

I'd assume they'd charge more than $1 million but then again they could see it as a fun one off warm up show for the upcoming tour. Also being on a luxury yacht for NYE wouldn't be that bad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Exactly, they haven't...... And when they've made the type of coin they have this past year, why on earth would they take such a pay cut to play some party

10 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Exactly, they haven't...... And when they've made the type of coin they have this past year, why on earth would they take such a pay cut to play some party

They played private parties in both 2010 and 2012.

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

Duff's wife, Susan, posted a pic of her and Duff in Seattle late last night so I doubt they are playing anywhere for NYE.

Well she did also post "happy new year" in accordance with Russia's time

According to the tracking on the 2 yachts mentioned, they're both off the coast of Gustavia. It's 10:16 PM there. Guess we'll find out soon.

Also why are there no time stamps on our posts? I'm only seeing the date.

Edited by Martin Riggs

27 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

According to the tracking on the 2 yachts mentioned, they're both off the coast of Gustavia. It's 10:16 PM there. Guess we'll find out soon.

Also why are there no time stamps on our posts? I'm only seeing the date.

Yeah I noticed that too. I'm so used to the time stamps so this is really messing with my mind lol!

• Like 1