GN'R to play Roman Abramovich’s New Years Eve Party?

Sounds like bullshit to me though

Rock star sets at Roman Abramovich’s annual New Years Eve parties are becoming an end of year tradition to rival the ball dropping on Times Square.

This year sources tell Heat Street Guns N’ Roses are playing for the Russian oligarch and that they will receive at least $1 million for their night’s work. The Rolling Stones have also been reported as playing the gig.

Abramovich is understood to be using discredited British tycoon Philip Green’s former superyacht Lioness V in addition to his own luxury vessel Eclipse. Earlier this week the yacht was parked outside Blanchards restuarant in Anguilla. 

In previous years, the Black Eyed Peas and Gwen Stefani have played at Abramovich’s parties. G N’R are something of an Abramovich favorite. In 2010, they played a fashion charity show in Moscow co-organized by his wife Dhasha Zhukova.

Let’s hope their year ends up better following on from the performance than last year’s showcase performer– Prince.

http://heatst.com/entertainment/gunsnroses-to-play-roman-abramovichs-new-years-eve-party/

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 1

I hope this is fake...

But if it's true and they play Perfect Crime, Breakdown, Don't Cry (Alt) and the AFD version of You're Crazy all while the show is recorded in proshot 4K and released tomorrow, then I very much hope that it's true! ;)

• Like 3

Probably fake.

The rumoured cost back in 2010-2012 for the Russian party/French wedding for Nu-GNR (+ Izzy) was $1 mil back then, so why would GNR with Slash and Duff play for the same fee, which based on inflation, is worth less than the previous fee?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Xedos said:

I hope that turns out to be a fake rumor.

Don´t want GnR beeing prostitutes for some billioniare, who don´t give a damn about music. :facepalm::facepalm:

I totally think this is something they would do. Axl's band with Izzy played that billionaires wedding before.

Don't think Slash and Duff will be finding their morals any time soon either. 

More like a 1mil each price tag though :shrugs:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I totally think this is something they would do. Axl's band with Izzy played that billionaires wedding before.

Don't think Slash and Duff will be finding their morals any time soon either. 

More like a 1mil each price tag though :shrugs:

I thought the same thing. 

I won't be surprised if they charge 3 mil, 1 for each. 

Axl and Slash, both of played private shows. Axl's band played that billionaires wedding and Slash played for someone in Aspen. 

• Like 3

I could see this being true, although that doesn't mean it is. I would imagine they have had a lot of private requests since reforming and since their value is high at the moment I don't think any of of them would turn down that kind of money for a one off show. Axl loves luxury type stuff so I think NYE on a billionaires yacht would probably be pretty appealing.

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Most likely fake. I can't see them going into Russia with all the shit going on between the US and Russia right now...:wacko:

I think that RHCP and Prince did it both and it was on some island near Puerto Rico or somewhere like that 

Yeah, both performed at his mansion on Saint Barthelemy. If he got Prince to do it I think he can get pretty much anyone 

Edited by Nicklord

7 minutes ago, alfierose said:

:lol: I can't hate on the idea too much because if I suddenly found myself with millions next week I'd totally be trying to get them to play an up close and personal gig for me. Obviously I'd invite this forum too.

I understand that. But as fan, if I was a millionaire like Abramovich I'd rather pay them to play an Arena in Vegas or L.A. So 40k fans can also enjoy the show and for free. And I would get all the mods what they want the most... party passes  :lol:

• Like 1

If true, good for them, as Padme said at least they will pass New Year together and get a little more rich, and probably have access to half naked models, which will make them happier next year and who knows if they'll become more generous and decide to finally share the loot with Izzy. It's New Year's Eve, one can make some wishes.

And good it's Abramovich too. Less money for him, less desire for stoling my team's players to his Chelsea. If he didn't destroy our team with his money, maybe we can win the championship next year. A win-win situation IMO :shrugs::rofl-lol:

On 12/31/2016 at 11:33 AM, alfierose said:

:lol: I can't hate on the idea too much because if I suddenly found myself with millions next week I'd totally be trying to get them to play an up close and personal gig for me. Obviously I'd invite this forum too.

Lol...I clicked on one of those dumb things this morning on Facebook about my prophecy for 2017 and it said I was going to win the lottery...so if I do I will definitely let all of you know when to be there :lol:

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Typo
  • Like 1