What Are You Listening To 2017

Rovim

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an overplayed tune, but Grohl does a drum fill here which I define as art. Please listen, (it's in the 2:53 mark) the guitar solo serves the song perfectly as well.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I've never really listened to much Yngwie or the neoclassical stuff, admittedly but remember liking that song from way back. I remember the 1st time that I saw that when I was a kid, my Dad's mate had done a compilation video off Headbangers Ball or whatever, complete with a little sheet of paper with the band names/song titles written on it. Anyway, for whatever reason he'd written 'Invay Ramstein' and for a while I thought it was the name of the band, :facepalm: like 'what a cool sounding name, what does it mean? They must be German or something? :lol: (I've also just realised that was probably a lot funnier me remembering about it and laughing to myself than you reading it. :lol:)

Better link a video, here's another shredder.

1 minute ago, bucketfoot said:

I've never really listened to much Yngwie or the neoclassical stuff, admittedly but remember liking that song from way back. I remember the 1st time that I saw that when I was a kid, my Dad's mate had done a compilation video off Headbangers Ball or whatever, complete with a little sheet of paper with the band names/song titles written on it. Anyway, for whatever reason he'd written 'Invay Ramstein' and for a while I thought it was the name of the band, :facepalm: like 'what a cool sounding name, what does it mean? They must be German or something? :lol: (I've also just realised that was probably a lot funnier me remembering about it and laughing to myself than you reading it. :lol:)

Better link a video, here's another shredder.

my male BFF introduced me to Yngwie YEARS ago! i love him, he is technical perfection. could he use a little more soul? ummm yeah. but he is incredibly gifted!

14 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

well if you'd like to, but he's not everyone's cup of tea ya know?

Yeah I know. I think I'll know pretty quickly if I'm gonna like it or not, any particular albums I should look at? 'Odyssey' is the one with 'Heaven Tonight' right?

Also, you should've posted that in 80's Rock Moves for 3:04 alone! :lol: I'm the only one keeping that thread going, don't want it to die. :(