What Are You Listening To 2017

Rovim

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I've been rediscovering SRV lately. Damn shame he ain't here today, cuz he'd still be playing that hammered Strat with the mailbox letters on it... and killing it...

The disaster of losing SRV was to me something like if for my generation we lost Slash to a snakebite. I still hate it that it happened. It's not just Albert King licks, he was absolutely always connected to whatever he was feeling aka thinking really fast, but with full feel all the time, Clapton was jealous of that too. I've seen clips. So jealous.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

The disaster of losing SRV was to me something like if for my generation we lost Slash to a snakebite. I still hate it that it happened. It's not just Albert King licks, he was absolutely always connected to whatever he was feeling aka thinking really fast, but with full feel all the time, Clapton was jealous of that too. I saw a video interview. So jealous.

I'd rather listen to him over Clapton any day. So much emotion on his playing. Live, when he was half sober, he couldn't be touched. 

5 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I'd rather listen to him over Clapton any day. So much emotion on his playing. Live, when he was half sober, he couldn't be touched. 

SRV had the perfect mix of flawless technique and 100% balls plus feel at all times. It was weird. Gary Moore had perfect technique god rest his drunk ass soul. He also had perfect feel technically speaking if you know what I mean, something was missing, I guess for me it's the wrong influences or something, I prefer Peter Green and Roy Buchanan or better yet, the Telecaster Disaster as I love to call him, but it was Danny motherfuckin' Gatton.

Edited by Rovim

9 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

@Rovim the Telecaster Disaster- haha. My next guitar is gonna be a Tele tobacco burst with white pickguard- I think I'll nickname it that, cuz I suck! 

I fuckin just love country style Tele pickin though. I like the first couple mins of that. If you like that, you should listen to Merle Haggard....

Perhaps I should own his sig Tele cause it's so damn sexy. Look at that fuckin' beard. It's... it's nit pickingly dope, absolutely fully formed beastly and rad that bursts from everywhere.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Perhaps I should own his sig Tele cause it's so damn sexy. Look at that fuckin' beard. It's... it's nit pickingly dope, absolutely fully formed beastly and rad that bursts from everywhere.

I don't know about all that but he picks a Tele like a mother fucker and sings like he means it :lol:

42 minutes ago, Rovim said:

That's a killer tune my friend.

• Like 1